ABC reports Iraqis being Smuggled across the Rio Grande

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Bonedigger, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Bonedigger

Bonedigger Another Wandering Celt

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2007/07/fbi-iraqis-bein.html

The FBI is investigating an alleged human smuggling operation based in Chaparral, N.M., that agents say is bringing "Iraqis and other Middle Eastern" individuals across the Rio Grande from Mexico.
    ////////////////////
    Hmmmm, middle easterners are being smuggled into the United States. The are crossing the Rio Grande River in New Mexico. Now, what's wrong with going thru normal channels if mischief and destruction is not part of your agenda that is.

2. Jhonn

Jhonn Team Awesome

*Fiddle and banjo music in the background*

Gawd dangit, thems Arabs better not steal all our best landscapin' jobs and such! No promotion fer me at Taco Bell, I guess, not if all those Mohammed's get them for a lower wage...

Sorry, Bone, that's not directed at your post per se, but I couldn't resist, hehe.

3. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Well it could be that some of them would like a better life but with stricter imigration rules know this might be the only chance they have of getting in to the USA, Some are quite proberly also there to create problems for the USA.
    Thing is though what do you do about it, harsher controls and people squeal, softly aproch and you get flooded with applicants, unfortunatly it is a bit of a no win situation.
    We have similar problems over here so I can sympathise.

4. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 New Member

You can thank President Bush for keeping that border open. Hopefully, no suitcase nukes were among the luggage.

5. Midas

Midas New Member

100% Agree! Instead of doing the right thing which is what ALL presidents SHOULD do when they hold their right hand and recite, "protect and defend the Constitution and the United States of America...", he pandered to Hispania (the fear of upsetting hispanic voters) and did NOTHING!

Language - borders - culture...we are losing our country because all three are being endangered.

6. AdamL

AdamL New Member

That kind of brings up an intersting point. I mean, you hear all this stuff about terrorism, and the availability to terrorists of WMD's, but we never get nuked, or biologically attacked or anything like that. People smuggle cars, boatloads of drugs and AK-47s, illegal immigrants, and slaves in and out of the U.S.A...
    So why only like one or two terrorist attacks ever on U.S. soil???? I mean, I'm even suprised I'm saying this, but, do these people really want to kill us that bad? If they did, I think they would. I don't get it.

7. Bonedigger

Diligence has paid off...

8. Midas

Midas New Member

That's right...we have to strive to be right 100% of the time when terrorists only have to be right one time. Will we be perfect all of the time? Absolutley not, but I am sure there are things going on behind the scenes that we (and islamic terrorists) will never know...or see.

9. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Look at it this way they dont have to sneak into the country to start germ warfare all it takes is a couple or three of the suicide brigade to infect themselfs with Ebola or some other wonderful illness & get on board a plane heading to any major interchange and for them to breath on people :eek: they dont even have to enter the USA.

10. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 New Member

That is an interesting point. I'm not sure what conclusions can be drawn. It's possible that we've already defeated al Qaeda and don't know or aren't being told about it. The "al Qaeda" fighters in Iraq seem to be mostly Saudis who adopted the al Qaeda brand name, but who do not have any link with the same organization that attacked us. Stratfor reported that Osama very well could be dead, and the old al Qaeda leadership might not be in charge of anything. If this is the case, it would seem to be time to talk to Iran about the post-war political structure of the region and get out of there. It probably doesn't matter who we leave in charge as long as it isn't al Qaeda and as long as the oil flows. If the Sunni and Shia insist on fighting, our presence or absence isn't going to stop them.

11. AdamL

AdamL New Member

I agree with all that, cloud.

12. Bonedigger

Actually the Saudis are about 45% and have been a problem since the get-go...

13. craig a

craig a New Member

They may have diseases that would prevent them from entering legally. Or may have criminal records. Or maybe they fear US citizens because of all the hate mongering about middle easterners. I say send them back in a cardboard boat. Or practice some new interrogation methods on them.