American Idol

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Jake, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Jake

Jake Just a Dude

Love it or hate it , its compulsive viewing as regards the auditions.Hilarious stuff , although i was really wondering what they are playing at introducing a carbon copy "im your #1 fan" contestant after last years suicide of paulas #1 fan who also was a contestant.
    They ridiculed this girl too and edited the film to show her in a very poor light , im very surprised to say the least some governing body hasnt stepped in and shut this down.

In any case , it would be interesting to see who among us interested can spot the winner the earliest.You can bandy names about but once you pick your "horse" your locked in and got to stick to it.
    Last nights runners look like the tattooed girl and the blind piano player.

Any interest in a wee game ?

2. craig a

craig a New Member

It isnt compulsive at all. I am aware of the show, but have only seen like five minutes of it once when it first came on. And I think its been on for a while now. A better game is who can be the first to put thier foot through thier TV when the show comes on again. An even better game is not watching it. C'mon, break the addiction. Roll a fattie or do a line instead.

3. Jake

Jake Just a Dude

Hahahaaha i got to admit that made me laugh out loud , i feel the same way but the Mrs loves the show and if i know whats good for me i do too..the auditions are funny ..sort of , some of it is cruel , too cruel.

4. craig a

craig a New Member

5. clembo

clembo Well-Known Member

Sorry Jake but like SO many other shows on the tube this is one that is a total waste of airtime.

When it comes down to the bovine masses deciding who is going to be "IT" it kind of supercedes real talent that may last. Haven't seen a lot of that from "Idol" winners.

6. Jake

Jake Just a Dude

Youve hit the nail right on the head Clembo , theres such a poor choice on tv its a sad indictement when shows like this become popular and high rated.

In saying that i do find some value in it as it can be entertaining if you look at it as a talent show , the editing of the tape is shocking at times , totally trashing people.

7. Stu Joe

Stu Joe New Member

Most everything on tv is crap. I do watch a little Idol but it gets tiresome. Got sucked into Lost a long time ago and, other than that, watch mostly History and Discovery and occasionally Animal Planet and NatGeo.

8. Jake

Jake Just a Dude

History channel :eek: Discovery channel :eek: Nat Geo :eek: my ol'lady wont budge as far as channels go.Just the very basics , i cant blame her as its true i can watch streams of any of the cable channels on line and sprts live too...miss me history channel tho

9. Vicsmith

Vicsmith New Member

I don't even bother watching the ridiculous show.:D

10. scottishmoney

scottishmoney ¿Quien sabes?

Given the amount of programming on the Nazis that they have on there, programmes like "High Hitler" "Hitler's Bodyguard" "Hi Tech Hitler" etc. we refer to that network as the Hitler Channel:eek:

11. Stu Joe

Stu Joe New Member

lol I haven;t seen too much of that on there. Probably doing it because of that Tom Cruise movie.

I am More into Modern Marvels, Mega shows, Cities of the Underworld and stuff like that. Lately, How Its Made on Discovery is the can;t miss for me. I still haven't seen all of them. I like the show Dirty Jobs too.

Even my wife watches a lot of Discovery now. Although she does slip back into Lifetime too often. lol

12. scottishmoney

Dirty jobs is awesome, but I think Deadliest Catch is my personal fave. Did you see the Dirty Jobs episode on Tuesday where Mike was making bologna? All I can say is I am glad I do NOT eat ground meat of any kind.

13. craig a

craig a New Member

HaHa. So do we.. funny. Those trucker and catch shows get borong. and cities of the underground tend to get stretched a bit. The lost canals od Boise? C'mon.

14. scottishmoney

I looked, just tonight the Hitler channel has something else on you guessed it... Hitler of course. Will be on at 20:00 EST.

15. Stu Joe

Stu Joe New Member

Too funny.

Valkyrie: The Plot to Kill Hitler

I have always wondered if they get paid to run those kind of things when a movie comes out. Or whether they just capitalize on the movie coming out. They seem to do those things with a lot of movies that have a historical aspect to them.

2 episodes of How It's Made and one of How Stuff Works (if I make it that long) will be what I am watching as I go to bed.

16. scottishmoney

SJ, I don't wonder, it is just awfully ironic that these programmes circulate and show on the telee when these idiot movies come out. Even if I was interested in the movie, which I am not, I would not see anything with Dr. Moonbeam Couchhumper in it.

17. Jake

Jake Just a Dude

Hells Kitchen starts in a couple of weeks , its ok for a chuckle.

18. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

What they subject you guy's to Bloody Ramsey :eek: Man I feel your pain ;)

19. Jake

Jake Just a Dude

There are certain levels of anquish as they mix in a load of reruns with the new ones and you end up watching last years again.Thats as far as Kichen nightmares goes , its just the same gig repeatedly , ive a mismanaged pig sty of a resteraunt , whats gordon gonna give me...same crap

Hells Kitchen is better , they bleep him out here.Funniest ever was a gay guy in a Glasgow Rangers jersey hahah never got mentioned on camera.

20. craig a

craig a New Member

That Valkyrie show was pretty good actually. And if you see the movie you will see they have Cruise made up to look like Stauffenberg.. It was an excellent movie. The acting was top notch. And I'm not a Tom Cruise fan. But he really had to act in this one.