Anatomy of a Right-Wing Echo Chamber Conspiracy Theory

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JoeNation, Jan 2, 2013.

1. JoeNation
    Cheerful

JoeNation FOX Lies, GOP buys!

Step one: Fox so called news begins to indulge in wild speculation, rumor, innuendo, baseless accusations, and ultimately a full-blown conspiracy theory that Hillary Clinton was faking a concussion after it was reported that she had fainted and struck her head during a bout with the stomach flu. The accusation appears at all levels of the “news” organization and is repeated often with no proof offered once the original rumor they created surfaced. They piggyback this accusation onto their earlier accusation that there is some type of Benghazi cover-up. We now have multiple layers of innuendo, rumor, wild speculation and conspiracy with still no proof offered to support any part of their claims but they still have the word “news” in their name.

Examples:
    Fox News Accuses Hillary Clinton of Faking Concussion
    Fox's Bolton Suggests Clinton Is Faking "Diplomatic Illness" To Avoid Testifying About Benghazi. During the December 17 edition of Fox News' On the Record, Fox News contributor John Bolton told host Greta van Susteren that when foreign service officers "don't want to go to a meeting or conference or event," they have "a diplomatic illness. And this is a diplomatic illness to beat the band." He continued:
    BOLTON: I mean, I certainly hope it's nothing serious. But this was revealed in a way that I think was not transparent, and I think there is an obligation here, especially if Secretary Clinton decides to run for president, to indicate what happened. She may beat testifying this week, but she's not going to escape it forever.
    Van Susteren noted after Bolton spoke that "it has been reported prior to the concussion that she had the flu. ... She reported that she was dehydrated, and if you fall and hit your head and get a concussion, that is a brain injury." [Fox News, On the Record, 12/17/12]
    Fox's Crowley: Clinton's Illness Had "Apparently Impeccable Timing." During the December 17 edition of America Live, Fox News contributor Monica Crowley discussed Clinton's illness with host Megyn Kelly. Kelly asked Crowley, "What's really going on? I mean, she fainted sometime last week and can't show up this Thursday for a previously scheduled testimony? I mean, there was speculation, I want all the viewers to know, about whether she'd really go" to the Benghazi hearing even before her illness. Kelly then said, "I'm not suggesting she didn't get a concussion. But there is a legitimate question about, is -- do we believe this is an excuse and that she really will show up to testify?" Crowley responded by referring to Clinton's illness as "this virus with apparently impeccable timing." [Fox News, America Live, 12/17/12]
    Fox's Evening Shows Mock Hillary Clinton's Concussion
    Now Fox News' evening shows have decided to join Bolton in accusing Clinton of faking her condition and make it seem she is trying to avoid giving her testimony. Co-host of Fox News' The Five, Kimberly Guilfoyle, accused Clinton of running "a duck and cover" after suffering the concussion. Co-host Greg Gutfeld went on to ask, "How can she get a concussion when she has been ducking everything [related to Benghazi]?"
    Fox's Special Report was next to take a stab at Clinton. A regular Fox News guest and contributor to the show, Charles Krauthammer, claimed Clinton is "suffering from acute Benghazi allergy which causes lightheadedness when she hears the word 'Benghazi.'"

O'Reilly on Clinton's Concussion: "If She Was In The NFL I Wouldn't Let Her Play, But I Think She Can Make A Phone Call"

Step two: The Right-wing blogosphere/echo chamber including Right-wing radio programs pick up the Fox talking point and begin to spread the rumor.
    Step three: Our local Right-wingers take the talking points and spread them around various posts never bothering to ask for or care about proof of their latest conspiracy theory but spread it just the same.
    Low and behold: Hillary Clinton is hospitalized with a blood clot in her head as a result of her “fake” concussion and even this does not deter the conspiracy theory crackpots from continuing to believe Fox, the only source of this wild conspiracy theory. Still, no proof of their original accusation is ever offered.
    Finally: The only thing that these Right-wingers remember is that Hillary Clinton faked a concussion so that she wouldn’t have to testify before congress about Benghazi. It will come up again and again in their talking points from now on as fact and yet no proof will ever be offered at any point that she was indeed faking a concussion but the meme is out there and that is good enough for the Right. They have such a non-existent burden of proof when it involves something that they dearly want to believe anyway.

This is Right-wing-think explained for one incident but the same method applies to pretty much any talking point that they throw out there. Same garbage, different conspiracy nonsense and these Right-wing idiots buy it every time.

2 people like this.
  2. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

CoinOKC Donald Trump For President In 2020

Are you talking about "Old Sniper-Fire Hillary" who lied about getting shot at?

3. Themistokles480

Themistokles480 New Member

Fundamental attribution error much?

2 people like this.