Bangkok Floods

Discussion in 'World Events' started by IQless1, Oct 11, 2011.

1. IQless1
    Blah

IQless1 trump supporters are scum

2. Takiji

Takiji Well-Known Member

2 people like this.
  3. IQless1
    Blah

IQless1 trump supporters are scum

The more I research the theories on Global Warming (or Climate Change) the more I see scientists downplaying the aspects of it, to avoid persecution or ridicule, and more alarmingly, to avoid panic lol

4. K Dawson

K Dawson New Member

As I understand it Bangkok is sinking and has been for some time. Many of the sidewalks there are elevated a foot above street level due to continual flooding. Built on swamp land I believe.

5. Andy

Andy New Member

Nine more deaths from freezing temperatures were registered in Ukraine overnight, emergency services said, taking the death toll to 131 from a nine-day cold spell, the most severe in the country for six years with night temperatures down as low as minus 33 Celsius (minus 27 Fahrenheit) in parts

Deaths in Ukraine and Poland in freezing Europe weather
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16786877

Extreme cold weather in eastern Europe claims 79 lives

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/feb/01/extreme-cold-weather-eastern-europe

KIEV/LONDON (Reuters) - Bitterly cold weather sweeping across Europe claimed more victims on Sunday and brought widespread disruption to transport services,…Reuters· 11 hours ago

6. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Yep we had about 2 INCHES of snow and the world ended LOlL honestly folks the UK has to be the worst ever prepard country for snow with the possible exception of the Sudan

7. Takiji

Takiji Well-Known Member

Except for one short burst of typical weather our winter has been unusually dry and warm. But in and of itself that tells us little when it comes to climate change. The cold weather in Europe taken in isolation tells us little as well.

8. K Dawson

K Dawson New Member

Have the Brits discovered hot showers yet?

9. justafarmer

justafarmer Active Member

Global warming manmade or not is going to produce losers and winners. Bangkok looks to like it could come out on the losing end. The Saharan region has showed significant greening due to increased rainfall since 1982 and is predicted based on climate modeling will be able to support intensive agriculture within the next few decades.

2 people like this.
  10. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Dont be silly KD that woudnt be Manly now would it :eek:

11. K Dawson

K Dawson New Member

Okay, but color me unmanly.

12. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member