Biden calls for live fact-checking at debates with Trump

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GeneWright, Sep 2, 2020.

1. GeneWright

GeneWright Well-Known Member

Biden calls for live fact-checking at debates with Trump
    BRETT SAMUELS SEPTEMBER 02, 2020
    Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden on Wednesday suggested there should be a live fact-check feature during his upcoming debates with President Trump, something he acknowledged may not be feasible.

"I've begun to prepare by going over what the president has said, and the multiple lies he's told" Biden said during a news conference in Delaware when asked about how he's preparing for the debates.

"What I'd love to have is a crawler at the bottom of the screen, a fact-checker as we speak" he continued. "If we really wanted to do something, I think that would make a great, great debate if everything both of us said was instantly fact-checked."

Biden acknowledged the idea may not be feasible before adding that he planned to use the debates "to lay out as clearly as I can what I think we have to do to bring this country back."

Biden had previously said during a television interview that he would attempt to fact-check the president during the debates.

The first presidential debate is slated for Sept. 29 in Cleveland, with two more to follow in October. The Commission on Presidential Debates announced the moderators earlier Wednesday. They include Fox News's Chris Wallace, Steve Scully of C-SPAN and Kristen Welker of NBC.

The Trump campaign has attempted to sow doubt about whether Biden will participate in the debates, pointing to comments from Speaker Joe Biden on Wednesday suggested there should be a live fact-check feature during his upcoming debates with President Trump, something he acknowledged may not be feasible.

2. GeneWright

I sure hope we can get this! I've also definitely enjoyed not having live audiences at the debates.

3. toughcoins

toughcoins Rarely is the liberal viewpoint tainted by realism

One of the jobs of a contestant in a debate is to be able to call out inaccuracies and fabrications in the opposing argument. Don't feel up to it Mr. Biden? Hmm? Can't be that hard, unless you are getting that feeble.

4. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Well-Known Member

couldn't be any more feeble than stoke-a-hantas

5. toughcoins

toughcoins Rarely is the liberal viewpoint tainted by realism

We'll see, won't we . . .

6. GeneWright

I don't think that was excluded. More like, both sides present arguments and then a fact checker clears up the misconceptions in their positions on the fly.