Biden moving quickly to fire Postmaster General as DeJoy tells Dems to 'get used to me'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FryDaddyJr, Feb 24, 2021.

1. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Well-Known Member

Dejoy should get used to a cell

President Joe Biden is moving quickly to fire Louis DeJoy. Or rather, since the President does not have the power to fire a Postmaster General, he is moving quickly to have him terminated.

Biden is set to nominate three candidates to the Postal Service's Board of Governors, giving Democrats a majority, The Washington Post reports.

The President "will nominate Ron Stroman, the Postal Service's recently retired deputy postmaster general; Amber McReynolds, the chief executive of National Vote at Home Institute; and Anton Hajjar, the former general counsel of the American Postal Workers Union," the Post reports.

Earlier Wednesday DeJoy snarkily told Democrats they will have to "get used to" him, saying he has no plans to resign despite the millions of dollars of damage to postal machines he caused, and despite the massive delays in mail delivery times he created. Many believe those actions were taken after President Donald Trump waged war on mail-in voting which Democrats advocated for to save lives during the coronavirus pandemic. It was, many say, a concerted effort to undermine the election.

https://www.rawstory.com/biden-movi...eneral-as-dejoy-tells-dems-to-get-used-to-me/

2. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation Patron Saint of Idiots

How about some election fraud charges to go with that firing?

3. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer de omnibus dubitandum

Wasn’t the election safe, fair and accurate according to Democrats? Would charging the Postmaster on such charges go back on what they’ve been saying about a secure election?

4. c jay
    Amused

c jay Well-Known Member

• Will Joe be canceled for claiming that which can't be mentioned? It didn't happen. It didn't happen. It didn't happen. It didn't happen. If we all say it enough times, we can save Joe from being canceled!!! Everybody JOIN IN!!!!

5. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation Patron Saint of Idiots

Like Trump always says about his own election numbers, Biden would have won by even larger numbers had people like DeJoy and Greg Abbott not did everything in their power to stop legal voting with laser focus in strictly democratic heavy areas. While the votes that were cast were unarguably accurate with no significant fraud, there could have been far more votes for Biden without the GOP efforts to tamp down voter participation.

So I guess that a safe, fair, and accurate election that also saw GOP voter suppression isn't a stretch. The outcome was accurate but the numbers are likely not as high as they should have been thanks to GOP voter suppression efforts.

Anyone that has been paying attention to the election process can't deny that the GOP does everything it can to suppress voter participation. It is their only chance of winning. They can't win on their ideas. Like I always say, when was the last time you saw a Republican ran voter registration drive? They only try to prevent democratic groups from running voter registration drives. Remember that voter registration does not favor one side or the other. They merely register people to vote.

clembo likes this.
  6. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Well-Known Member

You want Biden to win by more I guess