Dear North Korea,

Discussion in 'World Events' started by FreezerBurn, Apr 5, 2009.

1. FreezerBurn

FreezerBurn Don't call me Shirley!

Get stuffed!

Unless your patriotic songs include "Under The Sea" from Disney's LITTLE MERMAID
    your rocket launch was a dud.

Either get your short sorry behind back to the 6-way talks or look elsewhere for aid.
    Maybe you should look for aid elsewhere even if you do return to the talks.
    Just a thought.

Sincerely,

The Other Five-Sixths

PS: Did we remember to tell you "Get stuffed"?

2. arizonaJack

arizonaJack Well-Known Member

Yeah
    Thats what happens when you try to fire off a 99cent rocket with a 69 cent budget and 69 cent technology......It's one of those ( I did WHAT last night) thingys.......the next mornings remorse last's for ...............

3. Stu Joe

Stu Joe New Member

But! They said

"scientists and technicians of the DPRK [Democratic People's Republic of Korea] have succeeded in putting satellite Kwangmyongsong-2, an experimental communications satellite, into orbit by means of carrier rocket Unha-2 under the state long-term plan for the development of outer space."

I am so confused. :)

4. David

David Proud Enemy of Hillary

Maybe this is the challenge Biden predicted?

Some of the greats have stared evil in the face & evil backed down. Didn't happen this time, did it? What's next in store for us?

5. Stu Joe

Stu Joe New Member

Maybe we actually shot it down with one of our death rays. ;)

6. craig a

craig a New Member

Um, yeah. North Korea has never fired off a rocket before. Why they didnt even have rockets until Obama took office. Ohhh, now I'm scared.

7. clembo

clembo Well-Known Member

Splish splash I was taking a bath!

Sorry, needed to get that out of my system.

I seriously wonder how far China is going to let this go on. Kim Jung Il is a nutrod and they know it.
    Are his escapades in China's best interests?

8. craig a

craig a New Member

Maybe hes thier puppet. To shift the focus from themselves; they have Kimmy to look the fool. I think if push comes to shove; China will not side with the west.

9. clembo

clembo Well-Known Member

I certainly agree that China would not side with the West.
    However, I don't see them putting up with a "puppet" that is an ultra doofus as well.
    Letting an idiot like this continue too long is not in their interests IMHO. I don't think China is looking for a confrontation on a global scale and if they were I sincerely doubt that they would leave the "start" in the hands of such a nutrod.

Kimmy's off his rocker and China knows it. It only takes a big "swat" from the Chinese to shut him up. They could over run N. Korea in a heartbeat. N. Korea remains communist but it would be part of China.
    China benefits.

As for concerns of N. Korea "exporting technology" to nations such as Syria sure it has to be considered. Plays into Chinese hands as well.
    Why not let it continue one has to think at this point.
    After all these countries HATE America NOT China but is it really that way? Hell, the real extremists hate everyone basically. Betting China realizes that as well.

So do we shoot their "test" out of the air? Do we blast it while it's still on the ground? Tough questions for sure but if we DO we have to realize that we're REALLY dragging the Chinese in at that point. Possibly in a way that we don't want to.

A lovely blue marble we all live on isn't it?

10. craig a

craig a New Member

I still think KJI's antics shift the focus from China. And that suits China.

11. clembo

clembo Well-Known Member

Could be as well Craig. I won't argue with that possibility and once again it would benefit China.

Hell of a situation isn't it?

12. scottishmoney

scottishmoney ┬┐Quien sabes?

The interesting paradox with North Korea is that they have a seriously outdated military that consist for the most part of 1950's and 1960's technology. All they really have going for them is the fear they create in S. Korea, Japan and the USA with these alleged military exploits. When they blew up their bomb a few years ago in an underground test - scientist here determined that the blast would have been a failure by our standards, it was a half baked attempt.

Fear is their greatest weapon, that they employ well, but their military capabilities are often overstated, especially by the western press.

Could they do some damage, of course - but in reality they are a lot more hot air than substance. Think of them as Saddam Hussein's Iraq, but in NE Asia.