Dems, are you proud of your party?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Profiler, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Profiler

Profiler Active Member

2. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Well-Known Member

another homework assignment.

3. Profiler

Profiler Active Member

This is no different than the question JN asked. You didn’t have a problem posting your opinions there. If you have to research your personal opinions here, well.....that’s telling.

toughcoins likes this.
  4. FryDaddyJr

all you do is take and never give.

5. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation Patron Saint of Idiots

I think when all is said and done, it is hard to use the word pride when referring to either major political party in this country. I like that my party of choice is for making voting easier for all Americans. I like that they are by far more inclusive than the other party. I like that they have a genuine relationship with the truth and reality. I like that groups like the KKK, the Proud Boys, and all of the other white nationalists are not welcome in the party. I like the fact that no one in my political party participated in an insurrection at the Capitol on January 6, 2021. I like that they are not anti-immigrant. I like that they do not cage children at the border. I like that we are the party of FDR, Kennedy, and Obama.

My biggest complaint about the Democratic Party is that they are unwilling to exercise the power we hand them without regard for what the other side says. They spend way too much time listening to the other side. If they actually enacted every one of their policies and just said F-U to the Republicans, I think that they would never lose and elected office again. The weak knee thing bothers me.

Mopar Dude and Profiler like this.
  6. JoeNation
    Angelic

Oddly enough, one of the few that chose not to participate in my thread decided to ask the same type of question. That's, as you say, telling.

FryDaddyJr likes this.
  7. Profiler

Profiler Active Member

Thanks for an honest response. We can disagree about each other’s parties ideals, but we can’t have a conversation if either side won’t state their true positions.

JoeNation likes this.
  8. Profiler

Profiler Active Member

Fair enough. I’m new and am still trying to soak in everyone’s perspectives. If you would like a response, just ask.

JoeNation likes this.
  9. FryDaddyJr

the other thread is wide open

10. Profiler

Profiler Active Member

Yes it is and I welcome JN’s invite if he likes. Keep doing your homework to find out what your personal convictions are.

StankyBoy likes this.
  11. FryDaddyJr

and keep on hiding and telling everyone nothing.

12. JoeNation
    Angelic

I'll be honest with both of you... Sniping at others rarely leads to good conversations. We all do it once in a while but it shouldn't be your main contributions.

Profiler likes this.
  13. FryDaddyJr

it's probably tuffie's sock anyway

14. Profiler

Profiler Active Member

I’m just following your lead. In the short time I’ve been here I’ve learned you don’t answer questions, you enjoy denigrating others that may disagree with you, and are not inclined to do research (homework). If I remember correctly (by all means correct if I’m wrong) you have publications. Did you do any research for those?

15. FryDaddyJr

why would you follow my lead? don't you have any thoughts of your own?

16. Profiler

Profiler Active Member

You are absolutely correct. I will refrain from trolling the troll.

17. FryDaddyJr

that's not even what he said. at all. I guess we know you're a trump devotee.

18. toughcoins

toughcoins Rarely is the liberal viewpoint tainted by realism

Who in the world do you think you are to ask anyone else that question? Repeater Boy . . .

StankyBoy likes this.
  19. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

I am a confirmed middle of the road conservative. I considered creating a thread about this, but I think it may fit here because I voted for Bill Clinton his second run..... You see, old Bill had a mantra during his second run, "It's The Economy, Stupid".... He understood that the economy was the catalyst that drove our nation. Private business was the engine, not government institutions. He was a Democrat and he got it right.

Now we go on and on here about Trump and his lying, boastfulness and greed.... However, Trump also understood that a healthy economy is the ultimate answer to the nations woes. For all his posturing, his ultimate goal was to keep the economy moving ahead. It was his "end game". In that regard, Trump got it right.

Just yesterday I tried to source new tires for my wife's car. The dealership stated, "Like everyone else, we are having supply chain problems".... Hopefully, in two weeks I'll have tires for my wife's car.... But this is as prolific as Covid is currently in our nation and our leaders are not addressing the issue here.

If Mr. Biden can focus on bringing our economy back around, heck I'll vote the man a second term. I may carry a Republican registration, but I will vote any man or woman that will put our economic agenda back on the forefront. End the handouts and put people back to work. It really is just that simple.

toughcoins and StankyBoy like this.
  20. StankyBoy

StankyBoy Active Member

This has proven to be difficult.