Did anyone cook out today??

Discussion in 'Politics' started by David, Mar 13, 2011.

1. David

David Proud Enemy of Hillary

We had an absolutely beautiful day today....65 degrees, sunny...so I decided to grill out.
    T-bones, asparagus, squash, cabbage & portobellos on the grill.
    Anyone else grilling?

2. Moen1305

Moen1305 Not Republican!

Sounds nice but just not possible in my neck of the woods yet. :(

3. arizonaJack

arizonaJack Well-Known Member

85 and not a cloud in the sky today. Just exchanged my propane tank for the gas grill and got a load of Mesquite for the smoker......a 6 pack of Sam Adams Boston Lager and plan on chicken tonight in the smoker........

4. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

CoinOKC Donald Trump For President In 2020

All that sounds great! We're under a burn ban, though so no cooking out. I cooked a couple steaks on the stove (and smoked the place up a little bit) along with some french fries and some homemade tea (so it was kinda like cooking out...).

Is it too cold where you are Moen or are you under a burn ban, also?

5. Moen1305

Moen1305 Not Republican!

Our snow is pretty much melted, except for the big piles, but we are lucky if we break 40 degrees during the day up here. We haven't had a drought in recent memory.

6. clembo

clembo Well-Known Member

It's NEVER too cold to cook out.
    It got up to just under 40 here yesterday. Didn't stop me from tossing some marinated chicken breasts on the grill.

7. Moen1305

Moen1305 Not Republican!

I don't know. When you can see the frost line on the propane tank, I think it is still too cold out.

8. arizonaJack

arizonaJack Well-Known Member

Thanks for the thread Moen, bout time we lightened it up here a bit :)

9. Moen1305

Moen1305 Not Republican!

I am definitely into lightening up this area especially considering all the death and destruction in Japan right now. However, I can't take credit for this thread.

10. clembo

clembo Well-Known Member

Give it a shot some time you won't regret it. Tradition in my house is filet mignon on the grill every New Year's Eve.
    I've grilled in rain, freezing rain, snow and below zero temperatures.

I only cook it oustide I eat it INSIDE. LOL

I did start a grill on fire one winter and had to throw it away. This story scared Jack's wife when I was going to fire up their grill. Darn! They were out of propane.

11. angie828

angie828 New Member

That sounds so good. I thought about grilling tonight and can not wait to do it.