Dissecting the Kraken

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Recusant, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member

Amazingly bad, and I seriously doubt that it will do anything but serve to embarrass Sidney Powell. Or would, if she were capable of feeling embarrassment. It looks to me as if the Kraken was stillborn.

Non-lawyers may not appreciate just how completely inept the filing was, but they will get an indication from the multiple spelling errors and the ridiculous formatting blunders in the document. It's a long thread, and maybe nobody here is going to read it, but I'm posting it just in case anybody is curious about what Powell's Kraken actually looks like.

"Sidney Powell Sues Everoyen For LAL Of Teh ThInGs" | Mike Dunford/ThreadReader

I'll post just one image, as a taster:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  2. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member

Heheh, OK it was a bit of arcane forensics. The thing is, this is what's supposedly justifying all the squawking about fraud and theft. I would think that people who believe these claims and support them should be interested in the basis for them.

There is also a mathematical approach that some have found convincing. There is at least one YouTube video out that supposedly gives mathematical proof of vote manipulation in Michigan. Not being particularly fond of conspiracy videos and keeping a relatively innocuous history of viewing (mostly things like Mustie1 and old training/informational films), I don't get too many of them showing up in my suggestions. So I don't doubt that there is an abundance of the same sort of thing around. However, this one comes from some fellows with letters after their names, so would seem worthy of note.

Another YouTube channel is from a fellow who explains and explores maths for the general public. He looked at the statistical analysis of the video mentioned above, and found what can only be described as a significant error. It just so happens that the error produced results that appear to show vote manipulation.

Perhaps some here are mathematically inclined and will find the video interesting.

Enough! and LucyRay like this.
  3. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation Patron Saint of Idiots

And the results of all this damn nonsense.....

Georgia.png

FryDaddyJr likes this.
  4. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member

The Kraken has some problems with keeping its accusations straight.

[​IMG]

JoeNation and GeneWright like this.
  5. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation Patron Saint of Idiots

You just have to marvel at the incompetence and ham-handed attempts to steal an election they clearly lost.

6. toughcoins

toughcoins Rarely is the liberal viewpoint tainted by realism

Personally, I'd be all over a comprehensive study of the conformance of the election results to Benford's Law for every state in the nation.

Why is it important to see that for every state, might you ask?

Simple . . . because, unlike for states solidly in one camp or the other, and for which the results almost certainly conform with Benford's Law, if monkey-business was resorted to in the swing states, there should be a stark contrast between conformance of swing states and conformance of those not so hotly contested.

If such disparity were exposed, it would convincingly undermine the argument that Benford's Law does not detect electoral manipulation, and raise broader questions about the election results emerging from the swing states.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  7. toughcoins

Whether intentional or not, there is an important omission from this fellow's own analysis . . . the screenshot from the video does not indicate how many of the "vote by candidate" ballots were votes for down ballot candidates as well as for president, and how many were votes for president alone.

Screengrab.jpg

Any equitable analysis would very carefully scrutinize any imbalance between ballots cast only for presidential candidates. Not only was that not examined here, but it was not even mentioned. Perhaps there were no such ballots in this precinct, but I’ve heard claims before of large quantities of Biden-only ballots which, if true, should be regarded with cynicism.

I'm not saying there was fraud in this instance but - and keep in mind this is merely hypothetical - if the 165 votes for Trump by candidate had down ballot votes for both Democrats and Republicans, and the remaining 346 votes by candidate were largely votes for Biden for president, with few down ballot votes, that alone would convincingly demonstrate organized electoral fraud.

This level of detail has not been made available to the public and, while it should be, that is not likely.

8. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member

[​IMG]

More entertaining, but a longer read, is a careful look at the claims made by three of Sidney Powell's expert witnesses.

"Expert Report of Jonathan Rodden, PhD"

9. toughcoins

Put up plausible arguments for the opposite position, and what does the liberal come back with?

. . . Is not.

10. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Well-Known Member

"prove Biden didn't cheat" what a load of crap

11. toughcoins

Atta boy FD, toe that line.

12. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member

Two tentacles lopped off. The whole dang judiciary of the US seems to be in on the fix. It couldn't be that there's no widespread fraud, no conspiracy, no stealing of thousands and thousands of votes, no. Trump says the election was rigged and stolen, and he's as honest as the day is long, or something. As for blasphemous unbelievers, well, that Christian leader knows what to do with them.

"Sidney Powell’s Michigan ‘Kraken’ Suit Slammed by U.S. Judge" | Bloomberg

"Federal Judge Dismisses Georgia ‘Kraken’ Suit Hours After Sidney Powell Failed in Michigan" | Law & Crime

13. FryDaddyJr

“It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”[​IMG]

14. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member

With the cartoon Kraken flopping around splattering idiot juice across the landscape as it dies a cartoon death, a moment to consider one of its relatives.

A Texas true believer (who happens to be under investigation by the FBI and has been indicted in federal court--can anybody say "hey, if you're giving out pardons, look over here!") has decided it would be a great idea to throw states' rights out the window and try to get the US Supreme Court to invalidate the votes of millions of voters in four states.

The true believer chose to include the supposed "expert testimony" of somebody whose expertise on the topic appears to be illusory. This is another thread diving into technical and legal issues that nobody here is likely to read, but if they did, they might find it mildly entertaining.

This expert is advocating "investigation" in states in which extensive investigations and multiple recounts of the votes have already taken place.

"Texas's expert affidavit is now available here. I need you all to understand just how bad it is" | Akiva Cohen/Threadreader

15. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member

A federal judge just kicked the poor Kraken when it was down. People who base their claims on "gossip and innuendo" don't win lawsuits. Real, solid, verifiable evidence is required. Suits based on spurious claims generally fail, as every single lawsuit brought by the Trump campaign's "elite strike force" has done. As have all of the other lawsuits claiming voting fraud in the 2020 election. Any reasonable person would consider this fact and draw a sensible conclusion.

"Federal Judge in Arizona Dismisses Third Limb of Sidney Powell’s Post-Election ‘Kraken,’ Which Was ‘Sorely Wanting of Relevant or Reliable Evidence’" | Law & Crime

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  16. FryDaddyJr

17. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member

In case anybody was wondering, the one suit that was won was not based on a claim of voting fraud. It successfully disenfranchised fewer than 1,000 voters in Pennsylvania who had failed to validate their identification with the state by the state deadline. The Pennsylvania Secretary of State had tried to extend the deadline--the Trump campaign sued to stop her from doing that and won (source).

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  18. FryDaddyJr

19. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member

;)

Perhaps the US Supreme Court "Texas (and President Trump and a posse of 'me-too' states) would like to disenfranchise voters in four other states" suit deserves its own thread, but as I implied above I consider it a sibling to the Kraken.

More from the same lawyer that I quoted above. His analysis is sound in regard to federal statutes and how courts interpret them--the provisions of a statute are understood as not duplicating each other.

"One comment on this Texas SCOTUS nonsense that nobody else seems to have made." | Akiva Cohen/Threadreader

20. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member

Worthy of note: