Do you oppose Gay Marriage?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FryDaddyJr, Nov 13, 2020.

1. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Well-Known Member

2. clembo

clembo Well-Known Member

No I don't oppose gay marriage. Why would I as it doesn't affect me in any way.

Many years ago (like 30+) when my wife and I were dating she introduced me to a gay friend. He was so used to being "shunned" by her male friends that he straight out asked me if I took offense to his lifestyle.
    I told him not as long as he didn't hit on me.
    His reply? "You're not my type". We've been friends ever since.

In Indiana gay marriage is legal however businesses can discriminate against gay patrons based on their "religious beliefs".
    How they determine a person is gay is beyond me. Is there some type of secret "gayometer" they use?

The governor at the time was none other than Mike Pence and he had no problem with this. What a great move as potential discrimination in the workplace prompted many businesses not to come to Indiana to expand their businesses.

What's next? Should we go back to "whites only"?

3. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Well-Known Member

what part of Indiana are you from? We used to have a lake home in the NE corner

4. clembo

clembo Well-Known Member

Up in the "Region". Gary, Hammond area.

5. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

JohnHamilton Well-Known Member

I support gay marriage so long as it’s a real marriage. If gay couples end up in a divorce, they need to go though the same grief as heterosexual couples. It’s a marriage between two people who love each other, not a political statement

c jay and GeneWright like this.