Do You?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Mopar Dude, Jun 21, 2023.

1. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

I was at my church rehearsing music for this Sunday and the message on this banner really struck me. It’s just some of the tenants we believe in our little house of worship.

Now I been on this forum for several years and have been lambasted for being Caucasian… Demoralized for being conservative and made fun of for being Christian…… What has happened to the simple kindergarten lesson we all were taught in accepting all? I won’t lay out a resume’ because I don’t need to, however I have a very long track record of accepting all. Should you require a resume’ I’ll be happy to oblige.

Why bring this tired and overworked subject up yet again? Because it is at the very core of what is tearing this nation apart. I don’t care if you are white, black male, female, otherwise, left, right or lean backwards. It makes no nevermind. How boring would this world be if we are acted like you or I?

If we are going to leave a better world for those that follow…. We had better get over these meaningless divisions that are ripping us to shreds.

IMG_3092.jpeg

CoinOKC, Profiler, John Kamps and 4 others like this.
  2. LucyRay
    Amused

LucyRay Active Member

You’re preaching to the choir here. Not really, but.. in my opinion, the times we are surely in right now are as predicted. (In my opinion.). Your post is right on the noggin.

John Kamps, Andy and Mopar Dude like this.
  3. charley

charley Well-Known Member

I have been thinking about this for a week, now. My Catholic anxiety inducing education could not reconcile with "predicted".
    I had recalled there was an Encyclical about just this. It came to me about an hour ago.

It was John XX111, concerning the Book of Genesis as not presumptive, but preordained, and not predicted, because the Creator ordained the Heavens.

( I feel better now. I was scared I was having another Catholic Anxiety attack and experiencing guilt ridden blasphemy for heathenry thoughts.)

John Kamps, LucyRay and Mopar Dude like this.
  4. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

Great thread.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2023
    John Kamps likes this.
  5. John Kamps
    Busy

John Kamps Well-Known Member

Here in Canada/ Christians are ridiculed/ hated by some on the left. Even our stupid PM called the "Truckers protestors, far right Christian/ lunatics"
    They bend over backwards for all the other religions/ but are afraid too say, "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Easter"in case it offends the left.

CoinOKC likes this.
  6. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

CoinOKC T R U M P 2 0 2 4

I love Canada, but it certainly does have more than its fair share of whacko left-wing liberals. But then, so does the US of A.

John Kamps likes this.
  7. John Kamps
    Busy

Most of our Leftwing-Liberals live in the urban core. Rural folks are Conservatives/ in the suburban areas its a 50/50 split. Ukraine War is a fight between the Communist Left/Russia and the Ukrainian Nationalist Right. In Transnistria People's Republic you see Soviet era Hammer and Sickle all over banners/ ditto for Belarus. Today on the World stage the baddies are all on the Left. I once met a politician running for a Left Wing Party (NDP) I asked him, how he condoned the sins of his idaeology. He was confused, so I told him to look it up on his labtop. When he found out that in the 20th century Leftwing regimes had urdered 210M people he was shaken.:mad: and ashamed. He then joined the Conservative Party:)
    Which proves, you can always teach an old dog new tricks.

charley and CoinOKC like this.
  8. toughcoins

toughcoins Rarely is the liberal viewpoint tainted by realism

No better time to remember this than today.

Happy Easter to all . . . And thank you, Jesus Christ.

CoinOKC, Profiler and John Kamps like this.
  9. John Kamps
    Busy

Amen! 89968a225ab72e5cc99a4f00b91fe3c7 (2).jpg

CoinOKC and Profiler like this.
  10. Profiler
    Inspired

Profiler Well-Known Member

We, not the lunatics on the left, know the true meaning of Easter. Our president, his minions, handlers, and puppet masters….

CoinOKC and John Kamps like this.