Do You?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Mopar Dude, Jun 21, 2023.

1. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

I was at my church rehearsing music for this Sunday and the message on this banner really struck me. It’s just some of the tenants we believe in our little house of worship.

Now I been on this forum for several years and have been lambasted for being Caucasian… Demoralized for being conservative and made fun of for being Christian…… What has happened to the simple kindergarten lesson we all were taught in accepting all? I won’t lay out a resume’ because I don’t need to, however I have a very long track record of accepting all. Should you require a resume’ I’ll be happy to oblige.

Why bring this tired and overworked subject up yet again? Because it is at the very core of what is tearing this nation apart. I don’t care if you are white, black male, female, otherwise, left, right or lean backwards. It makes no nevermind. How boring would this world be if we are acted like you or I?

If we are going to leave a better world for those that follow…. We had better get over these meaningless divisions that are ripping us to shreds.

IMG_3092.jpeg

2. LucyRay
    Amused

LucyRay Active Member

You’re preaching to the choir here. Not really, but.. in my opinion, the times we are surely in right now are as predicted. (In my opinion.). Your post is right on the noggin.

Andy and Mopar Dude like this.
  3. charley

charley Well-Known Member

I have been thinking about this for a week, now. My Catholic anxiety inducing education could not reconcile with "predicted".
    I had recalled there was an Encyclical about just this. It came to me about an hour ago.

It was John XX111, concerning the Book of Genesis as not presumptive, but preordained, and not predicted, because the Creator ordained the Heavens.

( I feel better now. I was scared I was having another Catholic Anxiety attack and experiencing guilt ridden blasphemy for heathenry thoughts.)

LucyRay and Mopar Dude like this.
  4. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

Great thread.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2023