Does The "Hate" Toward Conservatives Know No Bounds?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mopar Dude, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Active Member

I happened to watch the Cowboys/Packers game Sunday and saw our former President Bush sitting with Ellen DeGeneres. By all appearances it looked like any two friends at a ballgame.

Now, I know Mr. Bush was a conservative. I recall he was not well loved by the left but I also do not remember the outright hate directed toward hims as it is against our current president. I believe the man served honorably during his tenure.

I just had a news piece go across my screen. Seems DeGeneres is having to defend herself against the uber-left and their self appointed soap boxes for sitting with the former president. What the heck is that all about? Is it Kristallnacht again? Does anyone that has ever had any association with a conservative now have to hide? What the heck is going on here????

2. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation FOX Lies, GOP buys!

Bush was an affable enough president if not a little slow on the uptake if you know what I mean. The person that illicited outright white-hot burning hatred in the Bush Administration was Darth Cheney. That man was evil incarnate. There is no parsing the malevolence in that man. Bush, like most Republican Presidents was a useful tool. Not an evil villain by any stretch but had a small part in recruiting the Sith Lord.

And as an aside, Trump is at least 10 times dumber and 1000 times more morally bankrupt than George Bush, or any human being for that matter, ever was. Cheney was definitely a Darth Maul apprentice but even he couldn't do the damage Trump has done in such a short time.

Apologies for all of the Star Wars references. Good and evil sometimes need visualizations. :)

Mopar Dude likes this.
  3. JoeNation
    Angelic

And to answer your original question, people are just polarized. Any fraternization is seen as suspect if not outright complicity. It's dumb but it is the world we now live in.

Mopar Dude likes this.
  4. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

JohnHamilton Active Member

It's dumb? :) What you doing here? Your entire life on these boards is devoted to polariztion. :p Think about what you are doing here. :eek:

5. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

The trouble with Dick Chaney for you was that he was a very bright man who could knock down your far left arguments with ease. You folks fear those whose intelligence is superior to your own. I remember the vice presidential debate between Chaney and John Edwards. It was an embarrassment for your side.
    Later it would be revealed that Edwards was a crook, but that was not the issue at the time.

Mopar Dude likes this.
  6. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer Ready for War!

I have to concur...

7. JoeNation
    Angelic

Pots meet kettles

8. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

You seem to have a lot interest in kitchen utensils these days, Joe. Perhaps you have run out things to say other than "I hate Trump!"

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  9. JoeNation
    Angelic

I guess that I could devolve to your level of calling people names, labeling people, making broad sweeping generalizations, attacking people to try and illicit a response purely to argue with them, or I could just post this rather eloquent soliloquy of just what I think of people like you.

Trumpers.jpg

10. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

Looks like that post was from hunger, Joe. Even your handlers are getting desperate with your canned responses.

Seriously the current Democrat foolishness is weakening the president and placing the whole the word at risk. It undercuts his position with respect to international policies and negotiations. The Senate is never going to vote for a conviction, which makes this whole thing a waste of time.

A wiser strategy would be to prepare for the 2020 election and lay off the impeachment foolishness. It didn’t work for the Republicans in 1998, and it won’t work now.

The one sided situation we now have, where the House minority party has no subpoena power, undermines that claim that there is any “fairness” to these proceedings. It’s a joke because there are not impeachable offenses here. All the Democrats want to do is to tie up the president so that he can’t do his job. That is dangerous and silly.

11. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Active Member

Joe, you are a very smart fellow. I am sure I am not telling you anything that you don't already know...... To a conservative minded person, it does truly feel as though all this is an attack on the very nation we hold dear. In fact, these meme things you post are just as sweeping of a generalization of that which you accuse..... It is as though you are saying you don't want to fight, but hold on while I jab my finger in your eye one more time..... See, conservatives hold our nation just as dearly as you do. Even at my advanced age, bad back, bad knees and all, I would pick up arms to defend her again. No question. I would bet that most would. It often feels to us that the division is so vile and so polarized that we aren't held as committed to our nation as a liberal is. And that is so far from the truth. We feel our very history and the nation we all had a part in building are being drug right out from under our feet. And until we close our businesses, burn our cars and replace our driveways with trees we will never meet the standards set by those more liberal minded than ourselves..... See, this thing is a big wave. We all rode the Obama wave for eight years. We all got to the other side without all this villainy taking over. Man, it's our turn now.

JohnHamilton likes this.