Don't be afraid of Covid he says...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FryDaddyJr, Oct 5, 2020.

1. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Well-Known Member

2. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation Patron Saint of Idiots

Just as I predicted. Insane, narcissistic, clueless. I seriously, seriously, hope that the second stage of this illness hits him so damn hard. All he is good for at this point is a lesson in what not to do. Fuck him!

If that seems cruel, I learned from the king of cruel.

3. FryDaddyJr

so he didn't use the "My Pillow Guy"'s cure?

4. FryDaddyJr

5. FryDaddyJr

A psychopath willing to let his most adamant followers die for a rally; will have no qualms letting random strangers die for lack of healthcare

6. FryDaddyJr

White House Will Not Do Any Contact Tracing After Likely Rose Garden Super Spreader Event – Orders CDC to Stand Down

“Nobody from the White House has said ‘boo’.”

Nine days after the White House Rose Garden nomination announcement and celebration of Judge Amy Coney Barrett as President Donald Trump’s third Supreme Court nominee about 15 Trump associates have tested positive for COVID-19.

Reporters, including at least one of the three who were present covering the event and became infected, were surprised that they had received no call from the White House or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to attempt any contact tracing, or notify them they should quarantine after coming in close contact with attendees who tested positive for the deadly virus.

Now The New York Times reports that the White House will not perform any contact tracing, and will not notify any attendees to self-quarantine. The CDC has been ordered to not perform any contact tracing as well, despite that it is the government agency best prepared to perform the important function.

The White House “has limited its efforts to notifying people who came in close contact with Mr. Trump in the two days before his Covid diagnosis Thursday evening. It has also cut the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which has the government’s most extensive knowledge and resources for contact tracing, out of the process.”

The Times calls contact tracing “an essential piece of any outbreak investigation,” and “a key to stopping the virus from spreading further, especially after a potential ‘super spreader’ event where many people may have been infected.”

New York Times White House correspondent and CNN political analyst Michael Shear, who became infected after covering the event, says “nobody from the White House has said ‘boo.'”

https://www.thenewcivilrightsmoveme...eq_nphqQk2ufoqiVUQqGAaEOUH87HTFmA0eg8Yy1ECfVA

7. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation Patron Saint of Idiots

I think that it is more than clear to anyone paying attention that Trump cares only about Trump. I'm sure his defenders will dismiss his callous disregard for anyone but himself. I would hope that they are smarter than that but we'll see I guess. The fact that the Administration refuses to do any contact tracing whatsoever and refuses to have the CDC do any contact tracing either, pretty much cements this spectacle we are witnessing squarely in the annuls of some of the most famous death cults throughout history. This is insane to watch unfold. You see it happening and you have to ask yourself if you are watching reality TV or is this really happening? It's hard not to slide effortlessly between the two possibilities. Will this all culminate at midnight on Halloween when Satan rises from hell to bows to Donald Trump? I'm not going to dismiss that idea just yet. A month is forever under this Administration.

FryDaddyJr likes this.
  8. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member

The stark fact that the US has suffered such a heavy toll while other countries have managed to mostly protect their citizens can be ignored by the true believers, but the rest of us cannot ignore it.

From missteps like dismantling the pandemic response team at the NSC to blatant malfeasance like lying to the public about the danger the virus posed, the Trump administration has failed the country and caused thousands of unnecessary deaths.

“130,000 – 210,000 Avoidable COVID-19 Deaths – and Counting – in the U.S.” | National Center for Disaster Preparedness

FryDaddyJr likes this.
  9. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member

Like a miracle . . .

"Despite 'It's Going Away' Lies From Trump, US Breaks Coronavirus Infection Record Just 11 Days Before Election" | Common Dreams

10. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

If the man could somehow eek out one iota of support from the nation, then perhaps we could work together to solve this crisis. I suppose it is far easier to sit in the comfort and safety of our living rooms and point fingers at everyone besides ourselves. Seems to be more the rule than the exception these days..... It was just a month ago I saw an elderly lady in a grocery store parking lot with her hood up. Her battery was dead and she needed a simple boost. I asked her how long she had been stranded. It was more than an hour..... So you guys just keep driving by and ignoring anything outside your personal sphere of what you give a damn about. Keep pointing those fingers. The rest of us will roll up our sleeves and do something about the crap you complain about.

SmalltownMN likes this.
  11. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member

Yeah, it's not Trump's fault despite all of the egregious ways that he's failed. It's those damn liberals that don't like old ladies!

12. Mopar Dude

You ever have a kid that's down? Maybe failed a class? How long and hard did you kick him?

13. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member

Ah, so the citizens of the US are supposed to say encouraging things about the lying crook so that he doesn't get disheartened? Why would they do that when his malfeasance and incompetence are major factors behind thousands of their their fellow citizens dying unnecessary deaths?

How in the hell is cheering on that disgusting grifter going to do a damn thing to improve the situation? Please explain.

You spoke of taking action to help an old woman. I commend you for doing so--I've helped people in the same situation get their cars going myself, and I agree that it is all too uncommon. Leaving aside the magical effect of giving lip service to Dear Leader, what actual action can the average citizen take to help stop the virus?

We know that wearing masks actually does help, but Trump has politicized it to the point that Trump supporters show their loyalty to him by refusing to wear a mask. We know that gathering in large groups in close quarters will help the virus to spread, yet Trump encourages his supporters to come and do exactly that to show their support for him.

Are we supposed to praise him when he makes a dramatic gesture of taking his mask off, after he's just got out of the hospital, and is a carrier of the contagious virus?

Let's just assume that I've been convinced. What am I supposed to do now, other than voting him back into office?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    FryDaddyJr likes this.
  14. GeneWright

GeneWright Well-Known Member

Something something participation trophy

15. Mopar Dude

Quite simply this. Support is a positive action. I served under Jimmy Carter in the service. Arguably the weakest leader our nation has ever had. I fully supported the man. When the left’s messiah, Mr. Obama was leading the nation his wonderful ACA cost me roughly $12,000.00 a year. It was sudden and unexpected. He did not garner my love and admiration by any stretch. Yet each day, I raised my flag. And unless you were behind closed doors with me, you did not hear me disparage the man publicly..... Yes, it is our duty to fully support our leader. It sets the tone for the nation, not to mention setting the example for young minds. Something that is seldom modeled or concerning to the liberal left these days. Anything less is fully self serving and short sighted.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  16. GeneWright

GeneWright Well-Known Member

I find nearly the exact opposite to be true. It's our duty to challenge our leaders and hold them accountable. To say it's our duty to support our leader comes off as authoritarian. Not that I think this is your or the Republican party's doing. We've been an authoritarians country for a long time, no matter who is in power. All Trump's doing is tearing down the facade

17. FryDaddyJr

18. Mopar Dude

In all seriousness, I don’t care for the man any more than you do.... But look around you. Young people all over the nation are acting like the examples the adults are setting for them. They witness adults being disrespectfully so that’s the way they believe they are supposed to act. It is our duty and obligation to set a positive example. Can’t you see the chaos that has engulfed our nation? When we make it OK to disrespect authorities and scowl at the police.... What the heck did you think the outcome would be??? It sure as heck isn’t Utopia. Yes, it absolutely is our duty and responsibility to act like civilized and respectful adults. But it may be too late for that anymore anyway.

19. Mopar Dude

20. Mopar Dude

Look.... This week has engulfed me with more stress than I have experienced in years. I came home and my wife surprised me with something I haven’t had in twenty years. A six pack. I am four in and my demeanor is ragged at best. If I were half my age I would go pick a fight. Heck, I might anyway..... I’ll excuse myself before I get too out of hand here.