Don't Re-Nig

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Takiji, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Takiji

Takiji Well-Known Member

2 people like this.
  2. Moen1305

Moen1305 Not Republican!

I have to admit that I doubt Rush Limbaugh is actually as misogynist as he pretends or Glenn Beck is actually an Islamaphobic as he comes across. I think that the focus on these types of RW'ers distracts from the more obvious point the things that they have been saying all these many years didn't appeal to some group on the Right, they would have gone away years ago. The fact of the matter is that there is an audience on the Right that loves to hear racist, misogynist language spoken in public because they can't do it themselves. In other words, these RW talking heads say what the base of the GOP really thinks and the GOP caters to them by not denouncing the comments. Condemning either Limbaugh or Beck completely misses the point that it is exactly what their RW audiences wants to hear. Watch any LW talking head say something either misogynist or racist and see if the base of the LW supports their comments. No one on the LW hesitated to condemn Ed Schultz for using the word "slut" once. But when Limbaugh spends three days calling a young law student all kinds of names, the Rw'ers run for the hills not to comment on what he said.
    The difference between the Left and the Right isn't that one makes crude remarks unworthy of our air waves and the other doesn't, the real difference is that the Right uses that language to entice it's base while the Left has no base that supports that type of rhetoric.

3 people like this.
  3. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

CoinOKC Donald Trump For President In 2020

How do you know they want a Republican in? Maybe they just want a Democrat out! You need to realize there are going to be people who don't like someone based solely on the color of their skin, to wit:

View attachment 400

4. Takiji

Takiji Well-Known Member

I don't know. It's just a hunch. Kind of like the hunch I have that the sun is going to rise tomorrow.

2 people like this.
  5. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

You're going to need more than just a hunch in order to make your point. Sorry, this isn't La-La Land.

2 people like this.
  6. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Regardless of the what or why those are still racist and who ever is behind them should be charged with inciting racial hatred

2 people like this.
  7. Moen1305

Moen1305 Not Republican!

Here is all the proof you need. Or maybe you can explain the alternate spelling.

re·nege (r[​IMG]-n[​IMG]g[​IMG], -n[​IMG]g[​IMG])
    v. re·neged, re·neg·ing, re·neges
    v.intr.
    1. To fail to carry out a promise or commitment: reneged on the contract at the last minute.
    2. Games To fail to follow suit in cards when able and required by the rules to do so.
    v.tr.
    To renounce; disown.
    n.
    The act of reneging.

2 people like this.
  8. Takiji

Takiji Well-Known Member

And I'm afraid you're going to have to work harder at making yours. The Southern Strategy worked. To whom do racists turn when they are looking for someone to represent them? Rarely the Democratic faction I think. Note the mass exodus among white Southerners to the Republican party when the Democrats stopped catering to their racism. The Republican faction jumped right in with both feet.

And as for this not being La La Land, anyone who who is even mildly perceptive need spend only a few minutes reading what you guys post know that La La Land is exactly what this is. It doesn't reflect well on me that it took me longer than that to figure how blindly driven by ideology you guys are. No self criticism, no self reflection, at least not here. Your side is always right. The refusal to publicly criticize one's own either out of conviction or fear should be a warning.

2 people like this.
  9. rlm's cents
    Hot

rlm's cents Well-Known Member

Proof that it was racial - it speaks for itself even without your analogy. Proof that it was Republican? Nada. Personally, I think it was done by the KKK. That is just what those southern Democrats were noted for. But, it could be the skinheads.

2 people like this.
  10. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

Precisely. The bumper sticker is certainly racist, but what makes one think they want a Republican in? They certainly want a Democrat out, but the lefties thinking that racism is purely a Republican ideal is nonsense. Liberals are just as racist as any other person. But, they won't admit it.

11. PTD
    Fiendish

PTD Administrator Moderator

Anyone seen one of these in the wild? My first gut reaction to this is that it's a false flag operation by the Obama campaign.

12. Stujoe

Stujoe Well-Known Member

Definitely racist. But, no I have not seen any down here. Not surprising, though, since it is from a domain that is suspended.

Just out of curiosity, I looked up the whois info for the domain and it is a Private Registration (of course) but shows the site record was created in May 2011.

Curiously enough, though, Alexa Stats show practically zero activity for the site From May 2011 until March 13th or 14th, 2012. Then there is a spike.

And more curiously, the Wayback Machine at Archive.org shows that it never found the site to archive it's content (not even the main page) in the ten months between it's creation and suspension.

So it is created in May 2011, gets basically no visits until March 13th or 14th and may not have even had any content up until then, hits Facebook and goes viral on the 15th and is a dead site by the morning of the 16th when the above article was written and is now suspended.

Odd to say the least.

13. Stujoe

Stujoe Well-Known Member

Another oddity since there are a few coin folks here. The Google Cache of the site shows that one of the things for sale on 'Stumpys' site was a:

Marijuana Leaf Live Free Or Die Barter Trade Tokin Coin, .999 Fine Copper--Live Free or Die Round--Weight 1 AV OZ. Minted in .999 fine copper, with a diameter of 39mm. This is an AOCS approved copper "barter" round featuring the "Live Free or Die" design. Located on the obverse is a large Marijuana Leaf. On the upper rim is "Live Free" and on the lower rim "Or Die ". Located on the reverse is the verbage "Barter Trade Tokin", as well as the weight, purity, year-2011 and "AOCS Approved"

So, with the Mary Jane / Live Free or Die theme and AOCS Approved reference (which is the American Open Currency Standard folks) combined with the Stumpy nickname, the Rebel Flag and racist items, it would seem most likely to be a site created by a Pot Smoking, Southern, Racist, Ron Paul Supporting, Libertarian Amputee.

Mystery Solved. ;)

14. Moen1305

Moen1305 Not Republican!

The denial is strong in this one.

~Yoda

15. clembo

clembo Well-Known Member

Pretty weak argument here OKC.

Certainly there are many that don't want President Obama re-elected and NOT because he's black. That's a fair assumption.

However, if it's just a matter of people just wanting a Democrat out and not a Republican in then who (as in which Democrat) would they want him replaced with?

Who's running against Obama in the Democratic party? If they don't want a Republican in then who DO they want in? Green Party? Communist?

Reality here is that under our current system President Obama would be replaced by a Republican most likely with a teeny chance of being replaced by a Democrat.

With no Democrat challenging Obama I think it's safe to say these bumper stickers are generated for the use of Republicans. I will add racist Republicans at that.

I will say this much about the folks that might put one of those on their car. At least they are being honest about their racism.
    Something one rarely really sees.

I can picture these on on a lot of pick up trucks with gun racks down south for some reason.

2 people like this.
  16. rlm's cents
    Hot

rlm's cents Well-Known Member

17. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

Before you rush to judgment, perhaps you should ask some of those folks with the "Re-Nig" bumper stickers who they want to replace Obama with. It could be any number of the Democratic presidential candidates for 2012:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_presidential_candidates,_2012

I really don't know where you guys come up with this "It must be a Republican" slant. Try to look an issue impartially for once and attempt to make a balanced judgment without your prejudices getting in the way.

18. Andy

Andy New Member

Never saw that bumper sticker and have no idea who is behind it. Looks more like an attempt to either get out the black vote or to try to bring back the KKK which was a democrat party institution for many years.

Now impartially speaking should we judge everyone who is registered democrat by the person whose website is listed below
    http://verminsupreme.com/
    Was posted here once before forgot by whom.

19. IQless1
    Blah

IQless1 trump supporters are scum

"False flag"?...where have I heard that before? :confused: ...are you kat?

Just kidding! :eek:

Anyway, it's no secret that there is a significant segment of the Republican party that is racist or closet-racist... not all Republicans of course, but the evidence is irrefutable that there is a portion of the party that doesn't like diversity... unless you happen to be fluent in denial. Compared to Democrats, Republicans are much more likely to view others not like themselves in a negative manner.

Could Obama's supporters have concocted this? Yes. The evidence of that should be easy to prove though, if true, and that evidence would be eagerly revealed to the World by those who want to attack Obama for any reason. That kind of evidence would give any anti-Obama group a collective woody. But, anything on the internet is traceable, and those responsible for posting the content should be easy to find.

So, is it likely that Obama supporters did this? Not really, given that there are racist people in America who sincerely want Obama gone.

20. Andy

Andy New Member

The only thing good about the obama being president is that he is black. A great step in this nation which shows how much racism by whites has decreased over the decades. Also helped decrease some of the black racisim against whites, latinos, and asians or so it seems.