ebay coin sellers too cheap & greedy!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by asian-chick, Sep 30, 2005.

1. asian-chick

asian-chick New Member

I have bought and sold items on ebay for years, I mostly do buying. I'm trying to complete my wheat cent and jefferson nickel collections. I have noticed within recent years most ebay coin sellers are now using "stock photos" I dont know about you, but I like to see the exact coin i'm bidding on! We all know what a cent looks like!!! And usually if the seller puts a photo of the actual coin, they only show one side...im thinking because they are too cheap to post two photos. I buy wheat cents mostly in ms60+ condition..some are very expensive, I believe I deserve to see the whole coin! Another thing that is real annoying is the keyword spammers..it seems like almost everyone just throws their auctions up real fast (without giving it much thought) to make a quick buck! ..and watch out for those outrageous shipping charges, I saw one auction where the set shipping price for one coin was $15.00. Sorry if I seem like i'm just going on and on with the complaint's, its just that i used to enjoy ebay, but now it seems to be more of an unpleasant experience. :mad:

2. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

Asian-chick, I tend to stay away from e-bay myself for the most part but when I do use it I usually only buy from dealers that were recommended to me and I stay with them if I'm happy. I like the Lincoln cent myself. I do not collect them but the wheat and bold face writing makes me think of a time when America was mainly rural and farming was a family thing. Something special in its own way, something lost forever.
    For me it is like the Norman Rockwell of coins.

3. RickieB

RickieB New Member

Never ever had a good experience with e-bay...I am not such a sight un-seen trusting person...
    Call me paranoid..or call me skitzo...but I trust what I can see and hold, unless you have proven yourself to me.

RickieB