Economy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CoinBlazer, Sep 3, 2019.

1. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer Ready for War!

What is your position on how the US economy is, domestic and foreign?

2. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Member

Coinblazer..... My view of the economy is entirely personal. My business is set to have two record years in a row and our current outlook is just as good. I need to find another talented person to hire to help keep the pace and I am having a dickens of a time finding help because everyone is working....... I only have two issues. Darned groceries are getting expensive too rapidly and my healthcare costs are through the roof. I pay the healthcare insurance for my folks. If my premiums were what they were eight years ago, I would be driving a Mercedes and swimming in cash!

3. CoinBlazer

You hiring? Whats the qualifications?

4. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation FOX Lies, GOP buys!

Is it a recession proof business I hope?

5. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Member

Sure am. Only qualifications I have are having a bit of common sense, ability to think on your feet and won't leave me in six months for another offer after I got you trained!!

6. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Member

Well, I don't know that any business is recession proof.... But we have weathered 2001 and 2008.

7. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation FOX Lies, GOP buys!

Education, health care, the military are all examples of "recession proof' careers. I guess undertaker is another. Strap in. We have the perfect storm of economic factors about to rain on the economy. My investments are all hedged to profit off of an inevitable recession. Hoping a recession isn't too deep or too long, but time will tell. If you think about it, I'm banking on the "stable genius". LOL!

Mopar Dude likes this.
  8. CoinBlazer

I'll send you my resume

9. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

JohnHamilton Member

Trump’s China strategy is poorly timed. People in both parties agree that pushing China to be a fairer trading partner is a desirable goal. Currency manipulations, stealing intellectual property and one-sided tariff policies all make China a poor trading partner.

Senate minority leader, Chuck Schumer, has been quietly supportive of Trump’s initiative. The trouble is Chinese know we are coming up on a presidential election year. They figure they can wait Trump out until they get a Democrat in office who back down and reverse the policy.

Bernie Sanders admires the Chinese system and wishes he could establish here. Elizabeth Warren is sympathetic to their system and would acquiesce to what they want. Biden will not survive the primaries. He has lost a number of steps mentally, not that he had a full staircase when he was younger. He is a gaff machine, and I think that his mental impairment will become more obvious as the campaign moves forward.

In the mean time the stock market goes up and down like a rollercoaster with each bit of positive and negative news. Business people dislike uncertainty, and that in the end might be the factor the brings on the next economic downturn.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  10. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Member

That is exactly what concerns me. I cater to commercial construction. And when the spenders get worried, they don’t like to build new office buildings. I would sure like to see the markets settle.