Einstein vs. Bohr

Discussion in 'Religion' started by KLJ, Aug 16, 2010.

1. KLJ

KLJ Really Smart Guy

Einstein famously said, "God doesn't play dice with the universe." Neils Bohr not so famously retorted "Einstein, stop telling God what to do."

Discuss.

I'll post my observations throughout, as my work schedule for Uncle Sam permits.

2. pk_boomer

pk_boomer New Member

"I believe in Spinoza's God, Who reveals Himself in the lawful harmony of the world, not in a God Who concerns Himself with the fate and the doings of mankind."

"I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one."

"The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."

3. ProClerk

ProClerk New Member

I'm pretty sure it was Bohr first since the enanglement theory came out pretty much right after the Relativity Theory. Tesla however, I am aware of. I could write a new one about Tesla VS. Edison in fact, but it would be more personal rivalry, rather than scientific. It's too bad the government got all of those patents from him. I know they got more than they gave to the museum. Tesla made feilds of light bulbs and he's known for whatever machine based off his work in Antartica that can control weather. He was a genius.

2 people like this.
  4. Takiji

Takiji Well-Known Member

I'll just have to watch this one and see if there is a point at which I can jump in. I do not believe in a god of any sort, although if one must have a deity I think that gods such as the one suggested by Spinoza and Thomas Paine make the most sense.

5. IQless1
    Blah

IQless1 trump supporters are scum

I loathe Edison. That he is given undue credit for some inventions, and the corresponding respect and admiration associated with them, irritates me. Many people are aware of Edison's bs, but the admiration for him continues despite the knowledge. Tesla, insane from disease as he was, was a true genius. I respect his work greatly.