Facebook Panics

Discussion in 'World Events' started by IQless1, Nov 22, 2012.

1. IQless1
    Blah

IQless1 trump supporters are scum

I'm not on Facebook anymore, I couldn't stand the constant invasions of privacy (I'm older, and prefer more privacy than most youths appear to), but this story caught my attention. It appears Facebook has a policy where you can vote on privacy issues...and that policy is giving them some headaches. Good, they suck:
    Facebook criticised over decision to stop public privacy votes

By Dave Lee Technology reporter, BBC News
    (11-22-12)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20444678

Facebook is set to remove the ability for users to vote on changes to its data privacy policy, in a move that has angered campaigners.

Selected quotes:
    BS, through and through. They are panicking, 'cause they have stockholders now, and need to make money, something privacy inhibits there.
    That's roughly 30% of subscribers. But, my point here is that they changed the rule out of fear of lost revenue. That's their right, but it's my right to call it BS too, and I hereby do lol.
    LOL, Yeah, good luck with that...suckers lol
    B.S. Translated: "Um, we need to know stuff about you so we can appease our clients and stockholders (by making money from privacy invasions)."
    Translated: "We were not making enough money for our clients and you people scare us when you want privacy. Please stop."
    Amended: "Therefore, we're proposing to end the voting component of the process in favor of a system that leads to more money for our clients and stockholders."
    Translated: "We use the information we gather to make money. We can't do that if you guys vote for more privacy."
    But....that would hurt profits, and profits is priority #1 now.