Fox News passed on Hunter Biden story

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FryDaddyJr, Oct 19, 2020.

1. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

JohnHamilton Well-Known Member

I am not going to defend Trump’s defunct charity or his “university.” Both are regrettable chapters in his career. The one positive aspect to these two regrettable instances is that it did not involve compromising our foreign policies. Both Biden and Hillary were doing things against the interests of the United States, like the uranium deal Hillary negotiated with Russia and what the Bidens’ got of the Ukraine, Mayor of Moscow and Communist Chinese deals.

What I will defend are his polities. That is why I support Trump. Given what the Democrats are threatening to do to us, I really have no choice.

2. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Well-Known Member

let's defend the saudis chopping up journalists like donnie did

3. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

I won’t defend that either, but let’s hear you defend Iran or North Korea when they drop an atomic bomb on someone. They will use it when they think it will be to their advantage.

4. FryDaddyJr

they could do it anytime they wanted. don't be a damned fool

5. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

But they haven’t because they know what the consequences would be, at least with leaders who have courage to stand up for their country.

6. FryDaddyJr

I'm sure Clinton and Obama appreciate your support, but you're just babbling again

7. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

Obama gave hundreds of millions of dollars to Iran in cold hard cash. That meant they had cash to finance terrorism, which they do on a regular basis. He didn't even go through the banking system to pay them.

Obama was damn close to being a traitor. Don't you ever lecture me about that fraud of a President. He was very weak on national security.

8. FryDaddyJr

he unfroze their own assets

why don't you know anything??

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/03/obama-didnt-give-iran-150-billion-in-cash/

Trump’s bogus claim now has been repeated in a meme that references the president’s declaration of a national emergency to redirect federal funds for a proposed wall on the southern border.

The meme, which has been shared 149,000 times on Facebook, mentions the recent lawsuit brought against the Trump administration by 16 states to block the national emergency. The meme says: “So, when Obama bypassed the Congress while giving Iran 150 billion in cash, how many States had sued him?”

First of all, former President Barack Obama didn’t give “150 billion in cash” to Iran.

The nuclear agreement included China, France, Germany, Russia, the United Kingdom, the United States and the European Union, so Obama didn’t carry out any part of it on his own. The deal did lift some sanctions, which lifted a freeze on Iran’s assets that were held largely in foreign, not U.S., banks. And, to be clear, the money that was unfrozen belonged to Iran. It had only been made inaccessible by sanctions aimed at crippling the country’s nuclear program.

Secondly, $150 billion is a high-end estimate of the total that was freed up after some sanctions were lifted. U.S. Treasury Department estimates put the number at about $50 billion in “usable liquid assets,” according to 2015 testimony from Adam Szubin, acting under secretary of treasury for terrorism and financial intelligence.

The part that the meme gets right, though, is that the deal didn’t get congressional approval. The Obama administration had maintained that the agreement wasn’t a treaty, which would have required approval by the Senate. Republicans did try to block the deal, but they weren’t able to get enough support to pass the legislation in the Senate.

9. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

Why did he “unfreeze assets” for a government that sponsors terrorism and the death of innocent human beings?

10. GeneWright

GeneWright Well-Known Member

Because that's how the Iran nuclear deal worked. They met standards by investigators from many EU members, the U.S. and others, so they were just waiting on us to give our approval. It's not nearly as wild as the right wants it to be. There's plenty of terrible things Obama actually did, so I think it's better to focus on those.

FryDaddyJr likes this.
  11. toughcoins

toughcoins Rarely is the liberal viewpoint tainted by realism

You conveniently omitted their violation of the agreement by test launching vehicles capable of carrying nuclear payloads.

12. GeneWright

GeneWright Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware. I believe the unfreezing in question was part of reaching new parameters within the deal with them, so it's possible it took a test like that into account. Could you link what you're talking about?

13. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member

It's a Trumpist talking point, that should be the first clue.

GeneWright likes this.
  14. toughcoins

Yours is a popular, but irresponsible and inaccurate liberal defense . . .

ANNEX B Statement 3 to Resolution 2231 (page 99 of 104) of the UN Joint Council reads as follows:

"Iran is called upon not to undertake any activity related to ballistic missiles designed to be capable of delivering nuclear weapons, including launches using such ballistic missile technology, until the date eight years after the JCPOA Adoption Day or until the date on which the IAEA submits a report confirming the Broader Conclusion, whichever is earlier."
    Iran launched such a missile in December 2015, as indicated in the linked Reuters aretivle, https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ed-u-n-ban-expert-panel-idUSKBN0TY1T920151216

Moreover, it was not until January 2016 that the IAEA certified Iran's compliance with the preliminary requirements of the Iran Deal, let alone reaching compliance in full.

Iran's testing of ballistic missiles capable of delivering nuclear payloads is most definitely prohibited activity.

Moreover, accounts of other violations being investigated at the time may be found at https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/defenddemocracy/uploads/documents/MEMO_WPONAC.pdf from which comes the following:

Resolution 2231 requires all member states to restrict until October 2020 the sale to Iran of arms or related materiel, as defined by the UN Register of Conventional Arms, unless the Security Council specifically approves the sale. Such sales would be decided “on a case-by-case basis” and none have been approved so far. This is not likely to change, as the United States can block any sale to ensure that the official embargo remains in place for the five-year period mandated by UNSCR 2231.

The June 2017 Secretary General’s report makes no mention of an official request to sell arms to Iran. Nor does it provide an update on past requests. However, the most recent report does provide detailed accounts of two attempted illicit Iranian arms imports outside of the Security Council process.

On January 19, 2017 in Kyiv, the State Boarder Guard Service of Ukraine discovered and interdicted 17 boxes of missile system components and aircraft parts in a cargo plane bound for Iran. The cargo included components for the “Fagot” anti-tank guided missile system. Ukrainian authorities initiated criminal proceedings on January 30 and are still working to determine whether the unauthorized shipment is also covered by Annex B of UNSCR 2231.

The second incident involved the interdiction in April of additional anti-tank missile components at the Turkish Black Sea port of Zonguldak. According to the Secretary General’s report, the illicit cargo included components for the “Fagot” and “Konkurs” missiles and was concealed on a truck en route from Ukraine to Iran. As in Ukraine, Turkish officials have launched a criminal investigation and also are seeking to determine if the shipment violated Annex B of UNSCR 2231.2​

Liberals continue to endanger the world by claiming that Iran is doing nothing to breach the "Iran Deal, and that they should be allowed to continue on their malicious path, unfettered.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  15. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

Seriously?? Every leftist post I read here sounds as though it came from Pelosi’s daily email briefing.

16. FryDaddyJr

upload_2020-10-25_18-9-5.png

17. toughcoins

If you have nothing useful to contribute, why bother posting at all?

You're becoming known for just one thing . . . useless posts.

18. FryDaddyJr

so put me on ignore - Edited -

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2020