How many people here have had one or even two vaccine shots yet?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JoeNation, Jan 19, 2021.

1. JoeNation
    No Mood

JoeNation The ReichWing Abuser

Anybody? Do you even know anybody that has had a shot yet much less both shots? Just kind of curious how far the shots have made it into the population so far.

NOT ME!

2. c jay
    Amused

c jay Well-Known Member

Got a yearly on Thursday. That will be my 1st question for the doc.

3. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

I have two friends in the healthcare field that have had both shots. Right now in my area if you are over seventy you can go to the health department and get the first shot.

4. toughcoins

toughcoins Rarely is the liberal viewpoint tainted by realism

My sister (nurse) a month ago, my Dad (82 yrs old) two weeks ago, and my daughter (Occupational Therapist) this past week.

I don't yet know of anyone having received the second shot, but my sister is due any time now.

5. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer de omnibus dubitandum

My Father is a Physician Assistant so he should be expecting a vaccine soon.

6. c jay
    Amused

c jay Well-Known Member

Doctor visit today. I'm 64 and he said end of February or first part of March.

7. GeneWright

GeneWright Well-Known Member

Getting my second shot tomorrow. But @JoeNation knew this already. Hey everyone, now seems as good a time as any to out him as my dad in real life.

Mopar Dude likes this.
  8. Mopar Dude

Get out of town. He is too much of a sourpuss to have mesmerized the fairer sex..... Just kidding.... Surely you jest??

GeneWright likes this.
  9. JoeNation
    No Mood

I don't know any Gene Wright. :)

Mopar Dude likes this.
  10. Mopar Dude

Well you old sonofagun.....

toughcoins likes this.
  11. JoeNation
    No Mood

In my defense, I didn't know who he was for the first couple of weeks.

Mopar Dude likes this.
  12. Mopar Dude

Well, I would have to say you raised that young man right. I enjoy his posts.

toughcoins likes this.
  13. JoeNation
    No Mood

The kids always turn out better than their parents. Remember that but don't tell your parents.

Mopar Dude likes this.
  14. toughcoins

A well kept secret . . .

Mopar Dude likes this.
  15. GeneWright

GeneWright Well-Known Member

Update:

1st shot - easy, some arm pain but no worse than a flu vaccine.

2nd shot - brutal. Fever, chills, fatigue, achiness everywhere, nausea, loss of appetite. Set in around 12 hours after the shot, but it was brief. I was almost completely better by the next day.

I've heard it's more common to have rough side effects on the second shot, but at least one of my co-workers had a rough 1st shot as well. Another person I know experienced nothing but the arm pain for both doses. I think in theory you want to see some side effects to confirm your body had a robust immune response, but it's not necessary to get immunity.

Mopar Dude likes this.
  16. Mopar Dude

I had to come back to this. I know it is an old thread but thought it may be helpful for others…… When I was vaccinated, I had absolutely no side effects whatsoever. Not even the red arm that so many experience…… I caught Covid…… On the other hand, my wife had borderline severe side effects from both vaccines. The second kept her in the bed for two days and that is saying something. My wife never stops….. She tended me round the clock when I was sick and she never succumbed to the virus…… I believe @GeneWright is absolutely correct in that having some side effects to the vaccine are necessary to achieve immunity.

17. toughcoins

Interesting . . . I had no side effects with the first two Pfizer shots, but got my booster the day before Thanksgiving, and had a neck ache, chills and stomach ache on Thanksgiving Day. I’ll confidently attribute the stomach ache to eating too much despite feeling out of sorts, but am sure the neck ache and chills were Pfizer’s work.

Mopar Dude likes this.
  18. StankyBoy

StankyBoy Well-Known Member

I felt awful for two weeks after my second shot.

and now, I probably have covid. Waiting on a second test, I tested negative yesterday.

Thanksgiving in Georgia = failure unfortunately