I guess that's lights out for the Cain campaign

Discussion in 'Politics' started by PTD, Nov 7, 2011.

1. PTD
    Fiendish

PTD Administrator Moderator

I don't see him recovering now. If you don't know what I'm talking about, turn on the news.

2 people like this.
  2. HollysMom

HollysMom New Member

I'm seeing Michael Jackson verdict and Penn State coverage right now. What's the new news?

3. PTD
    Fiendish

The fourth victim explained in detail what Cain did to her. It's so disgusting that I will not repeat it here.

4. HollysMom

HollysMom New Member

Yeah, I just saw a teaser report on it. I'd love to know why politicians on both sides of the aisle can't keep it in their pants . . .

5. Moen1305

Moen1305 Not Republican!

Men! You can't live with 'em and there ain't no huntin' season. :D

4 people like this.
  6. HollysMom

HollysMom New Member

How many times can I hit the "like" button?! (Just kidding! No offense to all with a broken-off chromosome!)

7. Moen1305

Moen1305 Not Republican!

U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics (1999) estimated that 91% of rape victims are female and 9% are male, with 99% of the offenders being male.

I think if this keeps up, men are going to get a reputation. :(

8. Stujoe

Stujoe Well-Known Member

Stick a fork in him. It was just a matter of time before there was a face and a story to the allegations.

9. HollysMom

HollysMom New Member

So true--and if the allegations can be proven, Gloria Allred notwithstanding, it's good riddance to bad rubbish. 9/9/9 was a lousy idea, anyway.

10. clembo

clembo Well-Known Member

Was it one of those "here's the pizza and here's the pepperoni" moments?

11. PTD
    Fiendish

And I thought Newt was the most morally bankrupt of the Republican candidates. :rolleyes:

12. Stujoe

Stujoe Well-Known Member

More like 'here's the sausage'.

13. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

CoinOKC Donald Trump For President In 2020

Don't count him out yet. In 1992, rumors were swirling that Bill Clinton had made unwanted sexual advances to a woman, but the public didn't seem to care at the time. Now that the bar has been lowered for our politicians, why would anything be different now? The public even forgave him for committing perjury. Everywhere you turned, people were saying, "It's just sex". I'm not defending Cain, but it seems that he's going through the same thing Clinton went through in 1992 and we all know how that turned out.

14. David

David Proud Enemy of Hillary

Nothing compares to Clinton, including John Edwards.
    Clinton was (is?) a serial predator. His use of AR state troopers to procure women was exposed so one can only imagine what power he used as president to target his prey....we know your daughters weren't safe if they had gone to DC to serve as interns. Clinton lowered the bar so much for this country, is it any wonder Cain is still polling high numbers in light of this fiasco?
    Clinton, Edwards, Weiner, Barney Frank's home office/bordello......the left must be so proud.

2 people like this.
  15. Moen1305

Moen1305 Not Republican!

I don't know if Cain IS actually done. You'd have to believe that the Right has a problem with sexual harassment and apparently sexual assault. I don't really see that as a deal breaker for them and as it turns out, the latest polls bear that out completely. Why am I not surprised again?

2 people like this.
  16. Moen1305

Moen1305 Not Republican!

I guess this was one of his failed attempts... If this guy sits down and orders two $400 bottles of wine, run!

A former USAID worker claims Herman Cain asked her to set up dinner with a woman who attended a speech he gave in 2002, the Washington Examiner is reporting tonight.
    The worker — 40-year-old Donna Donella, of Arlington, Va. — told the paper that the moment came after Cain gave a paid speech in Egypt that year. A woman in the crowd posed a query to Cain during the speech, the Examiner said.
    Continue Reading
    Donella told them: “And after the seminar was over, Cain came over to me and a colleague and said, ‘Could you put me in touch with that lovely young lady who asked the question, so I can give her a more thorough answer over dinner?’”
    She was "suspicious of Cain's motives and delined to set up the date," the Examiner reporter wrote.
    That prompted Cain to reply, "Then you and I can have dinner." Instead, some of Donella's co-workers suggested a group outing.
    “I couldn’t swear that he had some untoward intentions, but we all thought his tone was suspect and we didn’t feel comfortable putting him in touch with that woman,” Donella, whom the Examiner identified as an independent who voted for President Barack Obama in the last election, was quoted as saying.
    She said she didn't witness any "inappropriate sexual behavior" at the group dinner. But she claimed he asked the waiter for two $400 bottles of wine, and then stiffed the rest of the group when it came time to pay.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1111/67819.html#ixzz1d7lt0UYX

2 people like this.
  17. HollysMom

HollysMom New Member

Unfortunately, it's not illegal to be a jerk and if no one reports inappropriate advances from someone in a position of power, nothing will ever happen. We should probably be glad that this stuff is coming out now, instead of after he made it into office (assuming he would have been elected).

18. David

David Proud Enemy of Hillary

I just don't understand how the dims can pile on Cain after being so supportive of Clinton, Weiner & John Edwards. It seems so hypocritical (but I guess I shouldn't be surprised, huh?)
    For the record, I believe if Cain is guilty he needs to step away but if he's innocent he is owed a huge apology. Remember, Clinton, Weiner & Edwards were guilty of everything they were accused of!

2 people like this.
  19. HollysMom

HollysMom New Member

I agree with much of what you're saying but I get lost at one little point. Who are these "dims" you refer to? But yes, all three of the men that you mention are indeed misogynistic and guilty of the sexual misadventures of which they were accused. I tend to believe that Cain is, too. Completely outside of party lines, you know what else they share? ;)

20. DeeNeely

DeeNeely New Member

I just read that he offered to take a polygraph test. When are people going to stop trying to use them to prove they are not lying. They are easy to fool which is why they aren't admissible as evidence.If you are a true psychopath (sociopath isn't a psychological diagnosis any more) then you don't feel anything when you lie.