If you can guess which part of Ford's long, complicated history Trump most wanted to highlight

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JoeNation, May 22, 2020 at 12:56 PM.

1. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation Patron Saint of Idiots

during his visit yesterday......

"The company founded by a man named Henry Ford - Good blood lines,
    good blood lines if you believe in that stuff. You got good blood."
    If you guessed the language if eugenics to praise Henry Ford, whose virulent anti-Semitism influenced Hitler seen here accepting the Grand Cross of the German Eagle from Nazi officials in 1938, Congratulations!! You're right.

ford.PNG

2. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

I have absolutely no knowledge of Henry Fords anti-Semitic views nor do I have any knowledge of his affiliation with Nazi Germany. However being almost hundred year old news I have to reflect.... So what?.... What I know about Henry Ford is that he is a true American rags to riches story. A man that was forced into bankruptcy not once or twice... But multiple times. Finally the man landed on an enlightened idea, developed a strong company that created untold thousands of American jobs...... Which part of this message do you believe Mr. Trump was referring to?

3. JoeNation
    Angelic

Blood lines???????

4. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

If Mr. Trump does anything poorly, he certainly has the capacity of choosing his words poorly when he speaks off the cuff. Yes, he is often cringe-worthy. But really.... You know full well that he was alluding to Henry Ford's rags to riches story when he said that.

5. JoeNation
    Angelic

I wish I knew what heck he was talking about most of the time but I have chosen not to interpretation-splain what he says. I take his words in the context they were presented. He routinely speaks in vague terminology exactly like mobsters do to avoid accountability. How anyone could trust anything he says is beyond me.