Is this America???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Steve E, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Steve E

Steve E New Member

A Somali arrives in Minneapolis as a new immigrant to the United States.

He stops the first person he sees walking down the street and says, "Thank
    you Mr. American for letting me in this country, and giving me housing, food
    stamps, free medical care and free education!"

But the passer-by says "You are mistaken, I am Mexican". :confused:

The man goes on and encounters another passer-by. "Thank you for having such
    a beautiful country here in America!"

The person says "I no American, I Vietnamese." :confused:

The new arrival walks further, and the next person he sees he stops, shakes
    his hand and says "Thank you for the wonderful America!"

That person puts up his hand and says "I am from Middle East, I am not an
    American!" :confused:

He finally sees a nice lady and asks suspiciously, "Are you an American?"

She says, "No, I am from Russia!" :confused:

So he is puzzled, and asks her, "Where are all the Americans?"

The Russian lady looks at her watch, shrugs, and says...

"Probably at work." :thumb:

2. OldDan

OldDan New Member

More truth than fiction, I'm sorry to say!

3. GaryBurke

GaryBurke New Member

Amen.

Immigration is fine as long as it's legal.

4. Moen1305

Moen1305 Not Republican!

Immigrants will always face discrimination and ridicule whether they are legal or illegal. It's just what we do.

5. Ron Ferguson

Ron Ferguson New Member

Lou Dobbs - CNN last night -
    Homeland Security awarded the contract to manufacture new Boarder Patrol Uniforms and Identifying patches to a company that OUTSOURSED them to a company in MEXICO. You can bet this will create problems for the Minuetmen. I can hear it now -
    "nope no Illegals crossing the boarder, but 300 Boarder Patrol Officers just went by"

6. Speedy

Speedy New Member

Man that is good....just plain old truth.

Speedy

7. Bonedigger

Bonedigger Another Wandering Celt

Times are a changing, but some things always stay the same.

Bone

8. Krasnaya Vityaz

Krasnaya Vityaz Разом нас багато

Lets see it from the other side of the fence now. For hundreds of years people have been coming to America for the same reason, peace, prosperity, freedom etc. Nothing has changed. Everytime a new group from somewhere different comes the people that were in America before get riled up about it, and eventually they get over it and the newbies melt in.

Maybe if Americans want to have all this reactionary nonsense, perhaps they all better get on the boat and go back to the old country. Leave it to the Native Americans. :bow:

9. rambozo

rambozo New Member

i dont agree. this will sound stuid to alot of you but...

its almost natural for any newcomer in a group to be rejected at first until they show themselves to be more than their preconceived/misconceived steriotype. its all part of the initiation in to a new community.

think of it as social darwinism. those that will bare the grief will show themselves to be dedicated to this way of life and arent just looking for a easy hand out.

mark my words in 50 years you will hear the mexican-americans/canadian-americans *****ing about foreigners coming and taking all the good jobs and straining the U.S. economy.

the irish/chinese/german/greek/italian/and everyone else in this country have all taken just as much if not more b.s. when they first got here.

10. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Yes you can just see it now, when the founding fathers arrived at plymouth rock Sat in the undergrowth was a native american saying to his pal 'Bloody Imigrants there goes the neighbourhood' LOL

De Orc :hug: :hail:

11. Steve E

Steve E New Member

Isn't that the truth. Look what the immigrants did to the Native Americans! If the natives had only known, there'd have been a lot of scalped pilgrims stretched out on the rock! :D :hammer:

12. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

Oh just hold onto your skirt and go back to Scotland you reddish man.

Seriously,
    By the way not all of my grandparents came here legally but you know what? They were quick to learn the language, glad to find work, paid their taxes, never complained about their children serving some time for this nation and with pride they always considered themselves to be Americans even if they didn't have the paperwork.

I just wish the newest bunch felt the same way.