Is this what the 2nd Amendment was intended for???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JoeNation, Jan 14, 2021.

1. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation Patron Saint of Idiots

With militia groups, white supremacists groups, and other Right-wing extremists (Otherwise known as Trump's email list) ready to attack any of the 50 State Capitols and the Capitol in DC, is THIS a good time to talk about the 2nd Amendment?

2. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Well-Known Member

what most people don't realize is that as time goes by, fewer people own guns and the ones who do own many more guns than ever before. this is isn't sustainable. It will reach a tipping point, just like the white power people (trump supporters) being outnumbered by non whites and educated whites

3. c jay
    Amused

c jay Well-Known Member

Some people even own more than one vehicle. Others might even own more than one coin, especially old ones. Just because I may collect Morgans does not mean I fantasize about being a Robber Baron of old, nor does collecting more than one gun, make someone a white supremacist. People collect things because they are cool.

4. FryDaddyJr

you're missing the point. If fewer people own guns, they are less powerful. People like you eat the sht sandwich with a little too much gusto

5. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation Patron Saint of Idiots

I think you're focusing on the wrong word here. The right word is guns. And there is a huge difference between collecting guns and building an armory. My dad used to make replica flintlocks that you could actually fire if you had some powder and the right size shot. That's a gun enthusiast. Terrorists dressed in military fatigues with body armor, shields, metal bars, long rifles, side arms, pipe booms, and explosive devices are not collectors. If my dad had to stop building replica vintage guns in order to prevent terrorists from being able to amass huge arsenals of weapons, I'm fairly certain he would have taken up jig saw puzzles instead.

6. c jay
    Amused

c jay Well-Known Member

I disagree. In 1967 in Oakland Ca. the local police had a habit or driving around the neighborhoods and beating the crap out of the black population. A lawyer by the name of Huey Newton helped found an organization (The Black Panthers) based on the ideals of the 2nd Amendment. They armed themselves to the teeth and monitored the police which brought national attention to police abuse. At first they were a well regulated militia and did much good. Any and all militias must follow within the guide lines of the law.

Unfortunately we have militarize the police force but creating a militia to follow around cops with cell phones and lawyers may be a better thing. The guns are there when there are no police, or when the police have resorted to old habit.

Terrorism - Against the law and can get you bagged, tagged, and living in GITMO. Larping, not so much.

7. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer de omnibus dubitandum

My family are pro-2a, but you won’t find anyone with militia style equipment, such as body armor, helmets or other gear, you’ll just find a few handguns, a few AR-15s and a hunting rifle. So where do that fall in the eyes of a liberal? Reasonable use of the 2A or militarized extremists?

8. FryDaddyJr

how would we know? do they vote only on 2nd amendment fears?