John Bolton FIRED!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JoeNation, Sep 10, 2019.

1. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation FOX Lies, GOP buys!

Well, well, how many Senior Trump Officials does that make in less than 3 years? I've lost count. What a Sh-- Show. When John Bolton is not extreme enough, who is? Maybe Putin is up for the job. It wouldn't even surprise me at this point.

2. JoeNation
    Angelic

Oh sorry, another non-issue I'm sure. :rolleyes:

3. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

JohnHamilton Member

Bolton has a very combative personality. So does Trump. If you butt heads strongly with the boss you lose.

Who knows? It may have been over Afghanistan and the Taliban deal. Although that has fallen through, it would not have been an issue that Bolton would have causally ignored.

Edited to add that I heard that Bolton clashed with Trump on his approach to North Korea. I can’t blame him on that, especially after the second face to face meeting.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  4. JoeNation
    Angelic

I'm torn on this one. While this is yet another departure in a long, long line of departures from this administration, Bolton really scares me. This man never met a situation that he didn't want to turn into an all out war. It just makes you wonder what Trump was talking about when he said that he hires the best people.

5. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Member

Well, as a businessman, I am a bit more forgiving with my employees. But then again I am not a billionaire either. The failure of the Taliban negotiations I believe was a direct reflection on the man. Particularly two days before we honor the fallen of 9/11. Frankly, I don’t know. But we should still be at that negotiating table. America knows how to deal with a combative nation. We don’t know how to deal with a combative ideology and I fear the impact may revisit us again soon.

6. JoeNation
    Angelic

I am eternally grateful that President Obama killed Osama bin Laden before Trump got the chance to become besties with him.

7. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

JohnHamilton Member

Trump is attempting to get out of the Afghanistan quagmire and avoid getting into another Middle East War. The recent Iranian attack on the Saudi Arabian oilfields is severely testing his resolve on that issue. The Iranian regime is close to economic collapse. It is now lashing out in anyway it can to blackmail the rest of the world into giving in to its demands. Fortunately, the U.S. is now a net oil exporter which will blunt the effects of the Iranian policy.

The world would be better off with Iranian regime change. The country has sponsored terrorism through the world and is totally committed to the destruction of the State of Israel. Its program to get nuclear weapons is another part of their strategy to blackmail the world into accepting its demands.

As for Afghanistan, it is not a country in the modern sense of the word. It is only a spot on the map. It is like a medieval country with a weak central government and hoards of warlords who control the country side. The warlords will have the power to overthrow the central government once the U.S. leaves. Then they will be able to harbor terrorists, like bin Laden, who have a safe haven where they will be able to plan and coordinate more attacks against the west like 9/11.

I wish that we could get the hell out of Afghanistan, but the terrorist problem persists. It is the issue that Trump is facing now, and there are no easy solutions to it.

The differences between Bolton and Trump have been brewing for a long time. Bolton is a super hawk who would have been getting us into more wars with aggressive military action.

Trump believes that he is master negotiator who bargain us out of our problems. He has succeeded with Mexico and Canada on the inequities with NAFTA. Given time and support from home, I think that he will get a better deal with China.

Dealing with the radical Muslims, like Iran and the Taliban, is another issue. They think in terms of decades and centuries, not years. Their religion and ideology make them irrational. Cutting a deal with them will be far more difficult to initiate and maintain.

8. JoeNation
    Angelic

The stable genius.
    Trump Iran.png