Judge reduces Trumps bond

Discussion in 'Chatter' started by Profiler, Mar 25, 2024.

1. Profiler
    Inspired

Profiler Well-Known Member

The leftist media is melting down along with their sycophant followers.

2. GeneWright

GeneWright Well-Known Member

I have not seen anyone melting down... are the people melting down in the room with you right now?

It doesn't actually make a difference anyway. Bond amount doesn't change the judgement amount.

Shouldn't matter to him since he insists he can pay it anyway. In cash even!

3. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

Doesn’t that sky high judgment seem astronomical to even the left for a victimless wishy-washy crime? And can you not see the potential endgame here? The precedent set? That if the powerful can be targeted what can happen to the rest of us when we aren’t currently fashionable? That doesn’t scare the pants off you?

CoinOKC likes this.
  4. GeneWright

It's proportional to the crime. Do you think steal hundreds of millions of dollars via fraud is either wishy washy or victimless?

You're right, this is new. The powerful could previously get away with murder while the rest of us couldn't get away with a parking ticket. This is a small taste of the powerful having to be accountable for their actions.

You need to realize he committed crimes, and simply is being made to take responsibility like the rest of us. Don't let the sticker shock of the judgment blind you to the proportional amount he defrauded.

If you stole hundreds of millions of dollars, wouldn't you at the minimum expect to pay hundreds of millions of dollars?

5. charley

charley Well-Known Member

Good Lord.....
    Ignorance at its finest presentation.
    It is a Blessing you did not pursue Law School as a path forward in your life, because your psyche infection would have placed the United States and the Constitution and our Federal Republic on an equal status with Somalia or Bangladesh, or Cambodia in the 70s.

CoinOKC likes this.
  6. Mopar Dude

I cannot find where anything was stolen. I won't deny that he inflated the value of his properties to secure bank loans that were paid back.... But that happens every day with developers and financiers. It's how that game is played. What was stolen?

7. toughcoins

toughcoins Rarely is the liberal viewpoint tainted by realism

No, I don't see any sycophants in the area . . . curiously, I do see an awful lot of puddles.

8. GeneWright

He does not pay them back. He routinely defaults on them. So what would happen to you if you inflated the values of your properties, got loans based on it, defaulted on them, and continued like that? Then, throw in manipulating the values as needed to optimize tax breaks by deflating the value you have to pay taxes on and inflating losses as write offs. Now you're defrauding the taxpayers too.

9. charley

Anyone in the audience, please cite one.....just one....example of a prosecution of the law in the State of NY since the inception of the law.

One, please, will be satisfactory.

As to taxes, all taxes were paid...year after year after year after.....point made.

Default: please cite the transfer of property due to default on payment of State property taxes in arrears.

There is not one person in the United States that sells or owns or buys or previously sold or owned or bought property, commercial or residential or farm or industrial, that has not optimized tax reduction strategy, that did not manipulate the values to do so, or inflated value or conversely inflated losses, for purposes of credit, loan applications, or transfer....INCLUDING FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS.

Please cite me one example, just one, please (One Ping, only Please...great movie, just great).

Prove me wrong.

Truth in editing: added a "P" where required. Sorry I missed it, and until Mr. Smalltown quoted, I would have missed it. I hate myself, now...

Last edited: Mar 26, 2024
    Mopar Dude and SmalltownMN like this.
  10. SmalltownMN
    Doh

SmalltownMN All I can do is shake my head....

Agreed! One of my favorites!

charley and Mopar Dude like this.
  11. Mopar Dude

Please... Ping... Please..... Heck an editor could have overlooked it!

SmalltownMN and charley like this.
  12. GeneWright

Oh this is just sad

GodBlessTheUSABible.com

Screenshot_20240327_084044_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240327_084059_Chrome.jpg

I'm not Christian or anything, but is it not considered blasphemous to sell a Bible at large profit margins with all the tact of a 3 a.m. infomercial?

13. Profiler
    Inspired

14. Profiler
    Inspired

I will have time tomorrow to dissect this imbecilic post. I thought better of you.

15. Mopar Dude

Yeah... He should have used the New International Version. Nobody can understand the King James version.

GeneWright, charley and SmalltownMN like this.
  16. charley

The Lord helps those that help themselves, Heathen.

17. charley

Waiting.....patiently waiting......

I don't want to think ill of you for making false promises.

Profiler likes this.
  18. Profiler
    Inspired

Work…. It sure gets in the way of fun, doesn’t it?

Mopar Dude and charley like this.
  19. Profiler
    Inspired

What crime? Do you even have a minimal knowledge of how financial institutions work? Have you ever bought property, paid property taxes, taken out a mortgage, or even had the curiosity to research it? I’ll step out on a limb here and say….NO. Please don’t hesitate to correct me if you bought a home and paid property taxes.
    Stole Hundreds of millions of dollars? From whom? I know where you are going to head with this, but due your Due Diligence before you do.

charley likes this.
  20. charley

Today is Holy Thursday...

Where and what time is GeneWright coming to wash our feet?

Mopar Dude likes this.