Letter From Legal Scholars

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Recusant, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member

Below a link to a letter from legal scholars who teach in law schools all over the country. It has been signed by over 600 of them as I post this.

"Letter to Congress from Legal Scholars" | Medium

2. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

JohnHamilton Active Member

Since they are college professors, it doesn’t mean much. The vast majority of them are liberal Democrats. When you don’t allow intellectual freedom to flourish, the value of your opinions is considerably diminished.

It’s like going to a lawyer, who is a member of the Democratic National Committee, and asking him for a legal opinion in impeachment. It he demented, he would be ostracized.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  3. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation FOX Lies, GOP buys!

What evidence do you have that, "The vast majority of them are liberal Democrats."? I'll tell you what evidence you have in advance. ZERO. This is merely another one of your uneducated, partisan, stupid opinions that you present as facts.

Learn the difference between your opinions and objective facts please.

4. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

The colleges are full of liberal Democrats. Cut the crap. A conservative speaker can’t even give a program on campus without getting shouted down or threatened with violence. You can go peddle your lies to the people want to believe them.

In the mean time you can respond with one of your canned messages and pictures you like to post.

You are as opinionated as I am, do cut the crap.

At least I expressed regret when the problems with Trump’s foundation came it light. If the same thing happened to the Clinton foundation, you would never admit it. On that score, I have you beat.

You even tried to lie about the grounds for the Clinton impeachment. You said it was because of his affair. It was because he committed perjury, which got him disbarred.

5. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer de omnibus dubitandum

I'm sorry John but Joe is right about the point that you tend to have lack of empirical data.

6. JoeNation
    Angelic

Law Schools and Business Schools are both examples of colleges within the public university systems that are mostly attended by conservatives like fraternity members. Fraternities are almost exclusively conservative young white men. To dismiss higher education as just democratic liberals is not only ignorant and uninformed, it discounts the entire contribution conservatives make to society by pretending that they don't exist in the institutions of higher learning. I for one will not stand for such poor treatment of our conservative youth by an out of touch wingnut living off of his wife's pension. I stand with my conservative brothers. Sempre Fidelis and Ooh Ra baby.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  7. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Active Member

One thing I will say as a staunch moderate conservative...... The left does have a far better sense of humor than us boring old conservatives have.

JoeNation likes this.
  8. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

When you go to college, you will learn the truth. I went to the University of Delaware from 1967 to 1971. It was a pretty conservative school, but that didn’t stop the radicals from disrupting ROTC drills and trying to set fire to the ROTC building. If you were in ROTC or a member of the Young Republicans, you took a lot crap.

When I went to Rutgers for an MBA in 1979-80, politics was off the board, but just about everybody in the class had a job or were rushing through to get their degree ASAP. I was taking 24 credits a semester. Your point of view changes after you have been in the workforce.

9. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

I seldom disagree with you, but in this case, I must. The left is quit angry and sour these days and their “comedians” get more nodding heads and cheers than laughs.n

Mopar Dude likes this.
  10. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

Keep my wife out this. For your information most of our net worth came me, and my 401k is much higher. Keep you filthy mouth out my business. I don’t attack your family. Quit attacking mine.

11. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Active Member

Well, John I hear you. I really do. The reason I joined this forum was to try to understand something of this huge divide that has our nation so polarized that nothing of substance is able to get done. You see, I think it is caustic and breeds further division. You know how I think of you. I have told you many times I would love to have a beer with you at your coin desk. You have very astute knowledge in areas that I can only dream of. I respect you a great deal...... Now I see Joenation as a very well read and highly educated fellow that happens to have a different ideology than myself. Yet I can honestly say that I respect him as well..... I know you two gentleman have been at odds with one another since I came aboard. And to me it is somewhat representative of the division that is tearing our great nation apart from the inside out..... See I happen to think that often a bit of levity can pull the fuse on an explosive situation. And I try to interject that medium of levity when I can in an effort to bring something positive into a caustic situation..... So anyway, I don’t take what you said personal. It’s just who I am. If I can do anything to diffuse a quarrel, I am certainly going to try.

CoinBlazer and JohnHamilton like this.
  12. JoeNation
    Angelic

Are you finally regretting telling me that all I want to do is take away your wife's pension. Maybe next time you'll think twice before telling me what I want to do, but I find that doubtful. Learning doesn't seem to be your forte.

P.S. Now I will target your 401K. Mua ha ha ha ha ha!

13. JoeNation
    Angelic

79-82 was a recession. Nobody had a job. Have you been test for Alzheimer lately? Asking for a friend.

14. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

You really are a first class hater and a troll, but you know that already. I am going to put you on “ignore” and not play with you any more. You are a very sick person.

Here’s one last piece of advice for you. If you attack retirees, you are dead politically. The baby boomer retirees are more liberal than their parents, but when you attack their livelihood, you have stepped way over the line. You are not “liberal;” you are evil.

BTW, when I graduated at the top of class in 1980, I had no problem getting a high paying position.

15. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

After what he just wrote, you can’t fix this. I would never go after him the way he just did with me. He is sick and evil, and whatever his education might be, it is totally negated because his lack of restraint and decency.

16. JoeNation
    Angelic

stop_dont_come_back_willy_wonka.gif

17. CoinBlazer

Well, if it keeps going like this, it'll be back to just me and @JoeNation cussing each other out on each others posts...

18. CoinBlazer

That wasn't the most constructively beneficial reply but... to hell with it

19. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

How many insults would you be willing to put up with against your family? We should all hit Joe with the “ignore” button. That way he can talk with himself.

20. JoeNation
    Angelic

If you remember, old @JohnHamilton brought up his wife's pension many moons ago and then accused me, or maybe more accurately, Democrats, of wanting to take away her pension. I thought that was such a ludicrous claim that it must have been a joke. Democrats are the party that does everything they can to protect worker's pensions, Social Security, Medicare, etc., while the GOP does everything to end worker's benefits. Pensions, 5-day work weeks, paid holiday and sick leave only exist because of Democrats efforts. I guess it wasn't a joke on his part. His brain is just that addled.

I wouldn't worry about him leaving or him ignoring me. He only comes here in the first place to follow me around like a lost puppy. He can't give that up. He doesn't want to agree with people, he would rather fight and call people names and lay awake at night fuming about complete nonsense. He's not going anywhere.