Meanwhile...

Discussion in 'World Events' started by IQless1, Jun 12, 2014.

1. IQless1
    Blah

IQless1 trump supporters are scum

2014 Northern Iraq offensive

After advancing on the city for almost a week, on the night of 9–10 June 2014 militants from the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL; sometimes called ISIS) took control of most of the Iraqi city of Mosul. An estimated 1,300 armed militants seized the Nineveh Province government offices, army facilities, and Mosul International Airport. Approximately 500,000 residents of Mosul were believed to have fled the city. Prime Minister of Iraq Nouri al-Maliki called for a national state of emergency following the attack. Mosul was reported to be entirely in insurgent hands as of 10 June. On the following day the city of Tikrit also fell to insurgents, who burned government buildings and freed hundreds of inmates from the local prison.

More: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Northern_Iraq_offensive

2. JoeNation
    Cheerful

JoeNation FOX Lies, GOP buys!

Yes, I'm sure that the Righties will blame Obama when it was they and their neocon buddies that installed the puppet government that is even more corrupt than Saddam. My take. Let them kill each other all they want over religious differences. At least we are not sending our kids there to die for no reason.

3. rlm's cents
    Hot

rlm's cents Well-Known Member

"This is the consequence of a president that did not take the right actions at the time opportunity presented itself." – Mitt Romney

2 people like this.
  4. JoeNation
    Cheerful

One loser quoting another loser.

5. rlm's cents
    Hot

Spoken by the expert in losing.

6. Takiji

Takiji Well-Known Member

We're proving kind of inept at this imperial thing.

7. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member

The brilliant military strategerist Romney thinks that the US should never have ended its occupation of Iraq, and should have intervened in Syria. (source) In other words, more billions of American dollars thrown down the crapper, more thousands of American lives wasted serving as target practice for Islamic zealots. Thanks for bringing that steaming malignant turd to the conversation, rlm's cents. We can always depend on you.

8. rlm's cents
    Hot

Just so I know, which general was it who did not tell Obama that this is exactly what would happen if we pulled all of our troops out?

9. Takiji

Takiji Well-Known Member

What would have happened if we hadn't pulled our troops out would probably be similar to what is happening now except that our people would be dying in the middle of it. I don't quite get your desire to send Americans to their death in someone else's political-religious civil war even if we did start it.

2 people like this.
  10. rlm's cents
    Hot

I guess you are right. A couple million people killed and displaced and nailed to crosses don't really count, do they. After all, they weren't Americans and they were just Arabs.

11. Takiji

Takiji Well-Known Member

So when are we invading North Korea? The conditions for the people there are truly horrific. Far worse than anything that existed in Iraq under Saddam Hussein. Or do we not care because they are only Asians. Plus they don't appear to have any oil.

12. rlm's cents
    Hot

You got us pulling all our troops out, right? Seriously, just who said troops left in Iraq would be significantly different than Korea?

So you are advocating crucifixion, right? That is exactly what is going on. BTW, the ISIS is so radical, al Qaeda has disowned them. At this stage, I believe something has got to be done, but not a clue what. That is why we have a president. Good luck!!!

13. JoeNation
    Cheerful

The American Taliban worry me more than a bunch religious zealots in Iraq. I don't live in Iraq.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  14. freshmeat

freshmeat Active Member

Scum be scum wherever they be from.

15. Stuart
    Breezy

Stuart Member

We have the same worries about British Jihadist returning from Iraq, the security service has already stated they do not have the resources to monitor all of them, so they mostly will be left to plot destruction unhindered if thats their intention.

16. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member

While some people may be thinking of the rare shite-for-brains Islamist American like John Walker Lindh when they talk about "American Taliban," generally the term is used to refer to extremist Christian fundamentalists who want the United States to become some sort of Christian theocracy. See American Taliban and Dominionism

17. Stuart
    Breezy

Stuart Member

Ok thank you for that @Recusant, this is new stuff to me guess it's time to do some reading.

18. Takiji

Takiji Well-Known Member

If we are looking for stability in countries like Iraq probably the only option is a Saddam Hussein, a guy we were good with before he made the mistake of wandering off our reservation.

19. freshmeat

freshmeat Active Member

Just to be on the same page about the American Taliban, listen to bill:

20. JoeNation
    Cheerful

It is hard to even pretend that scene is just television fiction. Using their own words and policies to call them what they are is priceless if not outright treasonous. It's like the German American Bund from the 1930's all over again. Nazi symbols and George Washington.

image.jpg