Missing Malaysian flight..

Discussion in 'World Events' started by LucyRay, Mar 10, 2014.

1. LucyRay
    Amused

LucyRay Active Member

Is anyone else chomping at the bit for more details about this missing flight? My conspiratorialist (sp) mindset is imagining some weird scenarios. Will this plane and passengers, crew, be found? I can't get this off my brain. Where better than here to bring up the subject.. Could that plane be hijacked and landed somewhere? Is that even possible? Thanks..

2. JoeNation
    No Mood

JoeNation The ReichWing Abuser

Like the French flight in 2009 that crashed into the Atlantic, they may never find one body. The ocean keeps it's dead and we are left to wonder. Bless those poor souls and their families. Closure will be hard for them.

2 people like this.
  3. IQless1
    Blah

IQless1 trump supporters are scum

Due to the lack of floating debris, it's possible that the plane made a "water landing", was intact and sunk shortly afterwards. It's possible no one was able to leave the plane before it sunk, under that scenario.

It's all pure conjecture at this point though.

4. LucyRay
    Amused

LucyRay Active Member

Why doesn't (didn't ) this plane register on some radar as having gone down? Don't they track that kind of movement? All is so mysterious.. Someone must've seen something, yes? How about the stolen passport stuff..the guy who purchased the two tickets..who is he? He paid cash..what's that mean? The woman can't describe him? And on goes the thought process..

5. IQless1
    Blah

Some of that info is known. The plane apparently turned back, for one...but by then it was near the radar's limit in it's ability to track it. Also, a 180 could also be caused by a loss of control in the aircraft.

I haven't heard much yet about the height it was at when these things apparently occurred, but I'd guess it was at 30,000 or so feet.

The air is very thin at that height, so the cabins are pressurized. In the 70s and 80s, a number of aircraft have lost their cargo-hold doors as they climbed past 20,000 feet. Those were on older type crafts, like DC-10s, that had outward-opening doors. This type of craft is unlikely to have that type of malfunction though, from what I know, as the designs were changed many years ago, to avoid that kind of problem.

My guess is there are fishermen in those waters, and typically you'd hear them mention that one of them had seen or heard an explosion, by now. I can't say for sure there are fishermen in those waters though, only that it's likely. That no one reported hearing any explosion, or reported seeing any flash of light doesn't mean much though, as many of them may not have radio equipment on board (local fisherman in small boats typically wouldn't, imo).

There are a lot of ships searching though, and if there were fishermen in those waters, they'd likely have been asked by now, and we'd have heard the info. Then again, they could have left the area before the search began, and we still may hear from one of 'em, once they report it, or talk about it in their village.

The two stolen Passports are a big clue. It's reported that the two men who used them didn't look Asian, yet bought the tickets, with cash, in Thailand...for a one-way flight to China. Those things are typically big warning flags for us, but in Thailand, not so much. The tickets were reportedly brokered by an known Iranian travel agent, but I'm not certain that's confirmed.

My guess is it'll take many months to figure out what happened.

6. rlm's cents
    Hot

rlm's cents Well-Known Member

Maybe this will answer some of your quewstions;

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/03...ing-malaysian-air-flight-370-find-only-holes/
    So there is no turn around, no active tracking, no fishermen, etc.

7. LucyRay
    Amused

LucyRay Active Member

Not a lot of answers .. And thank you! I am reading everything I can find on the subject, every link. I think I should be hearing more on the news, but that is not the case here. Oh so sad..

8. rlm's cents
    Hot

Yeah, not really answers, but it rules out a lot of the speculations.

9. IQless1
    Blah

One new bit of info I saw was that the two unknown people who used the stolen passports had intended to fly to Europe via Beijing.

That's fairly significant, in that...if they intended to blow-up the plane, they didn't need to pay for the addition airfare.

Then again, that itself could have been a ruse lol

Again, way too early to know for certain what happened.

10. freshmeat

freshmeat Can't touch this

Gravity happened.

11. JoeNation
    No Mood

JoeNation The ReichWing Abuser

I think if this were an act of terror, someone would have claimed responsibility by now. Sounds like it was just a very tragic accident. It sort of reminds me of the days when tall ships would set out from a port and were never heard from again. Kind of just a more modern version of an old story.

12. LucyRay
    Amused

LucyRay Active Member

Not related, but I have to say..what a horrible movie that was.

13. LucyRay
    Amused

LucyRay Active Member

What of the cell phones being active? Geez, this is so like a Stephen King novel. Except it's not. Joe mentions tall ships going off and never being heard from again..I didn't know that. How sad. Life has a good bit of sad, hmmm?

14. freshmeat

Who mentioned any movie?

15. freshmeat

Not sure active is the right deduction. People call them, no one answers, so phone system explains anything. Probably just the system not being able to find them.

16. LucyRay
    Amused

LucyRay Active Member

I did say, 'not related, but..'

'Gravity happened' seems a smart remark to a tragedy. But truth probably is gravity happened. I doubt it to be the cause.

17. freshmeat

Gravity always happens.

18. clembo

clembo Well-Known Member

So you've read Cell?

19. clembo

clembo Well-Known Member

At this point I'm surprised that I have not heard any mention of "alien abduction". I'm not talking on this forum but anywhere.
    Of course I haven't checked.

Assuming anyone here has ever watched, Star Trek for example, a plane full of passengers would probably be easy pickings.

20. rlm's cents
    Hot

From the latest news. I would not rule aliens out. It seems they turned their transponder off (necessarily manually and not the easiest thing to do) and then headed west for about an hour before the Malaysian Army lost track of them. For some reason, the Malaysian army just decided it might be nice if the rest of us new something like that.