Most Americans feel democracy is under attack in the US

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JoeNation, Sep 15, 2021.

1. JoeNation
    No Mood

JoeNation The ReichWing Abuser

I wonder by who? No I don't, it's Republicans.

Most Americans feel democracy is under attack in this country (56%), according to a new CNN Poll conducted by SSRS, as 51% say it is likely that elected officials in the US will successfully overturn the results of a future election because their party did not win.

Nearly all Americans feel that democracy in the US is at least being tested: 93% total say that democracy is either under attack (56%) or being tested but not under attack (37%). A scant 6% say that American democracy is in no danger.
    Republicans are far more likely than Democrats to say that democracy is under attack, and that view is most prevalent among those who support former President Donald Trump. All told, 75% of Republicans say democracy is under attack, compared with 46% of Democrats. Among Republicans and Republican-leaning independents, those who say Trump ought to be the leader of the party are much likelier to see democracy as under threat: 79% in that group vs. 51% among those who say Trump should not be the party's leader.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/15/politics/cnn-poll-most-americans-democracy-under-attack/index.html

2. charley

charley Well-Known Member

Yawn........

3. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

I know this will sound as far out in left field as anything..... I have come to believe that our nation needs to reinstate the draft. Not because we are in a state of national crisis, rather because giving of oneself, setting aside the needs of the many for selfish needs of one, and most importantly to understand what it means to be part of something larger and more important than yourself..... A simple two year enlistment.... I guarantee all this bellyaching, pissing, moaning and hand wringing would end and we could get back to solving important problems.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  4. charley

I have repeatedly mentioned this in other posts.

As a by-comment, I tend to be very condescending to members that strike first with a like weapon....specifically JoeNation and FD.

It may be my comments are not of a quality that favors your attention, and I certainly appreciate that my posts would be bypassed.

All I can state is that I am a nice fellow, and wewywewy smart, and do not comment on that which I do not have direct experience. I am a non-affiliated Constitutionalist, and I don't really enjoy party bashing and deliberate posts that are divisive of our Federal Republic constituents.

I mention this, because I detect a hesitancy to comment on my posts. I am not offended, in the least, but want to assure you I read your posts with an attitude of involved interest. I have my reasons for doing so.

Mopar Dude likes this.
  5. charley

A point I wanted to post in support of the reinstatement of Uniformed Service: It is compulsory in South Korea and Israel.

6. Mopar Dude

Honestly.... I tend to dive in at odd times and hit the comments that raise the hair on my neck... Rather like a drive by shooting! Not much free time in this old guys life for much social media and I do much favor Coin Talk.

toughcoins and charley like this.
  7. charley

I certainly understand.

But, be warned, missing my intelligent observations, is the equivalent of missing the 1st Grade Playdough Class. Your loss.

Mopar Dude likes this.
  8. JoeNation
    No Mood

Because the military is creating such fine citizens?

The Military, Police, and the Rise of Terrorism in the United States

The Issue
    U.S. active-duty military personnel and reservists have participated in a growing number of domestic terrorist plots and attacks, according to new data from CSIS. The percentage of all domestic terrorist incidents linked to active-duty and reserve personnel rose in 2020 to 6.4 percent, up from 1.5 percent in 2019 and none in 2018. Similarly, a growing number of current and former law enforcement officers have been involved in domestic terrorism in recent years. But domestic terrorism is a double-edged sword. In 2020, extremists from all sides of the ideological spectrum increasingly targeted the military, law enforcement, and other government actors—putting U.S. security agencies in the crosshairs of domestic terrorists.

Screw the U.S. military terrorist training camps and teach civics in school again.

graph.JPG

9. Mopar Dude

Well Joe.... There's some folks that will find fault with everything.... I don't disagree at all with teaching civics in school. In fact I strongly agree with that.

10. JoeNation
    No Mood

Yes, I do find fault with terrorists. Especially the ones my tax dollars fund. We don't need the American Taliban running around attacking our own country.

11. Mopar Dude

Now wait just one minute. I gave this nation almost eight years. Now you are just trying to get my ire....

12. charley

Going to have to change the tag to Asshole Joe.

Of course you know what this "organization" is...especially since you publicly disclosed your wife is a kindred spirit......it is another K Street (and I personally know they are on the cheap side on Rhode Island Ave) baloney "Policy Advisory" (read "EXPENSIVE - BUT WILL PROVE WHAT YOU WANT US TO PROVE" ) Group out to make as much wampum as possible for retired political figures and out of work lobbyists.

This group is always out looking for a handout and will jump on any bandwagon that pays, and ride 3 or 4 different ones at the same time.

As I recall, Nunn was the big cheese for a while, then came Hamre. I think he has been there since God was a Private. Then there is Montfort, Schwartz, and I don't remember all the Board members but it has always been a whos who of organizations trying to get a piece of the Federal Republic coffers.

Posting a BS graph does not change that. At all. It does reflect your ignorance, though.

13. Mopar Dude

I am just going to say this and leave it alone..... I don't speak to higher education. You won't find me denigrating higher education in these discussions because I didn't participate and accept that I do not possess an intimate knowledge of the institution. It would do you well to consider the same for our nations military. Those are the men and women that put everything on the line to give you the right to belittle them and everything they stand for.

14. JoeNation
    No Mood

Does your 8 years of service excuse all of the documented terrorists that have come to pass? That's a great trick if you can pull it off in your own head.

15. charley

Little Joe, Little Joe.....WHERE IS YOUR DD-214????

16. Mopar Dude

You insist on throwing out the baby with the bathwater don't you? There is zero demographic that doesn't have a lunatic fringe. None.... And what do you think this nation would be if we didn't have a strong military.... No, I really would rather you don't answer that. I think I would rather just strap on my bomb and go terrorize somebody... Sheesh, man.

yakpoo likes this.
  17. yakpoo
    Cynical

yakpoo Well-Known Member

Whenever the Constitution is violated, Democracy is under attack. ;)

charley likes this.
  18. yakpoo
    Cynical

yakpoo Well-Known Member

It's interesting to note that the vast majority of "black" protests are by white Marxists in cold weather states. o_O

19. yakpoo
    Cynical

yakpoo Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the thousands of terrorists Obama and Biden released from jail? ...those terrorists?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  20. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Well-Known Member

jesus, what a bag of weak sauce you are