Most People In Survey Think Hillary Is A Liar

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CoinOKC, Sep 14, 2015.

1. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

CoinOKC Donald Trump For President In 2020

2. JoeNation
    Cheerful

JoeNation FOX Lies, GOP buys!

Yes, that is exactly the effect lying, and then repeating that lie can have. Stupid people will believe lies. Still haven't heard what Clinton supposedly did that was illegal?

3. JoeNation
    Cheerful

IQless1 likes this.
  4. JoeNation
    Cheerful

Donald Trump’s First Speech Was Basically Filled With Lies
    by Alex Griswold | 11:26 am, June 17th, 2015668

This may be shocking to some, but newly-announced presidential candidate Donald Trump‘s announcement speech was filled with exaggerations and blatant lies.

The Washington Post’s Glenn Kessler probably summed it up by declaring Trump’s speech “a fact checker’s dream…and nightmare. He spouts off so many ‘facts,’ often twisted or wrong, that it takes a lot of time to hack through the weeds.”

But hack they did. As a rule, the Post does not assign its trademark “Pinocchio” rating system to presidential announcement speeches, but it isn’t difficult to tell which claims they found were complete bull.

Among the more specious claims:

• There are no Chevrolets in Japan. (Yes, there are)
    • ISIS built a luxury hotel in the Middle East. (Unconfirmed)
    • The “real” unemployment rate could be as high as 20%. (No)
    • “There are no jobs.” (There are at least some jobs)
    • We spent $2 billion on Obamacare.gov. (Closer to $700 million)
    • Trump is worth $9 billion. (Probably not)
    • The Taliban leaders traded for Bowe Bergdahl return to the battlefield. (Nope)
    While some of Trump’s claims don’t raise to the level of obvious falsehoods, they were completely unrealistic. His claim that he wouldn’t allow American companies to build cars in Mexico without paying a 35% tax would clearly contravene the North American Free Trade Agreement, to give one example.

Factcheck.org questioned nearly all of the same claims in their fact check, aptly headlined “Trump Tramples Facts.” Politifact granted Trump two Falses and a Pants on Fire— their lowest possible rating– for Trump’s claim that America’s quarterly GDP never drops below zero (it’s been below zero 42 times over 68 years).

Regrettably, none of the fact-checkers rated Trump’s statement that “you have to be hit by a tractor, literally, a tractor” in order to use Obamacare deductibles, presumably because it was so obviously hyperbole.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/donald-trumps-first-speech-was-basically-filled-with-lies/

IQless1 likes this.
  5. JoeNation
    Cheerful

This proves Donald Trump is lying: Here are the actual facts on immigrants and crime

More proof that Trump is a blowhard. Check out the actual stats, which Bill O'Reilly and Donald Trump won't provide

[​IMG]Bill O'Reilly, Donald Trump (Credit: Reuters/Mike Segar/Joshua Roberts/Photo montage by Salon)
    Donald Trump opened his 2016 presidential campaign with an epic rant against Mexican immigrants. “They are bringing drugs. They are bringing crime. They’re rapists,” said Trump, who added, “Some, I assume, are good people.” He went on to tell CNN that the threat lies not just with Mexican immigrants, but with immigrants in general. “You have people coming in, and I’m not just saying Mexicans, I’m talking about people that are from all over that are killers and rapists and they’re coming into this country,” Mr. Trump said.

Many observers have called these comments insensitive, discriminatory, and racist. Macy’s dropped the Trump line of clothing and Univision cancelled its broadcast of the Miss Universe pageant that he partly owns. Trump has doubled down on his remarks and claimed the mantle of a straight talker. Fellow presidential candidate Ted Cruz defended Mr. Trump because he “speaks the truth.” Rep. Steve King endorsed Trump’s comments and praised his “scrappiness.”

America does indeed need leaders who are not afraid to tell the truth, especially when it comes to sensitive issues. But what are the facts about immigrants and crime?

Here is what you need to know: immigrants are less likely to commit crimes than people born in the United States. A 2013 Pew Research Center study found that across all people aged 12 to 24 (the teen and young adult years when almost all criminal activity first begins) immigrants were much less likely than the U.S.-born to have committed a crime in the last year.

Incarceration rates for young men tell the same story. The 2000 census shows that in all racial categories, immigrants are much less likely to be incarcerated than their U.S.-born counterparts. Men born in Mexico had an incarceration rate five times lower than the U.S.-born population as a whole.

In California, home to the nation’s largest Mexican immigrant population (and the largest population of immigrants overall), a 2008 study by the Public Policy Institute of California found that the incarceration rate for immigrant adults was 297 per 100,000 in the population, compared to 813 per 100,000 among U.S.-born adults. Immigrants were less than half as likely to be incarcerated for drug crimes.

If immigrants were disproportionately likely to commit crimes, we would expect to see higher crime rates when and where immigrants arrive. Yet the opposite holds true. From 1994 to 2007, the number of immigrants per capita living in the United States rose from about 9 to 13 percent of the population. At the same time, FBI reports show that the rate of violent crime declined 34.2 percent. The property crime rate fell 26.4 percent.

Cities with large immigrant populations such as Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, and New York also experienced declining crime rates during this period. The 2008 California study found that cities with relatively larger inflows of immigrants between 2000 and 2005 tended to see lower rates of violent crime. Contrary to the image of crime spilling across the border, FBI records show that rates of murder and other violent crimes are lower in U.S. cities within 100 miles of the border. The lowest murder rate of any U.S. city over 500,000 is El Paso, Texas.

There is one prison system, of course, where immigrants are more likely to end up in custody than those born in the U.S. – it’s the federal prison system, where people who have broken immigration laws are housed. But even in this system, Trump’s statement prove false. Incarcerated immigrants are overwhelmingly held for low-level violations like entry and re-entry without inspection, not rapes and murders.

Why, then, is there the perception that more immigration causes more crime? At least part of the answer is that prominent conservative media personalities and politicians try to so hard to make a connection that isn’t there. A 2008 study found that of the discussions of illegal immigration on Lou Dobbs’ television show the previous year, 52 percent mentioned crime, as did 45 percent of the discussion of illegal immigration on Bill O’Reilly’s show and 39 percent of Glenn Beck’s show.

The American public deserves to hear straight talk about the issues that face the nation. But Mr. Trump is neither telling the truth nor simply being scrappy. He is appealing to the worst stereotypes of brown-skinned people who sell drugs to the children and rape the women. This isn’t straight talk, and it isn’t just insensitive. It’s false.

David FitzGerald is Co-Director of the Center for Comparative Immigration Studies at the University of California, San Diego and a member of the Scholars Strategy Network

IQless1 likes this.
  6. David

David Proud Enemy of Hillary

Liars appeal to liberals, don't they?
    I mean look at BO & Hillary....2 of the biggest liars in political history!

CoinOKC likes this.
  7. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

Who cares what you think? I only care that more and more people each day are realizing that Hillary is a liar.

d0cc6d561bd67dec0edb75eeae11adbb.jpg

8. LucyRay
    Amused

LucyRay Active Member

Many do not trust Hillary. Simple as that. Too bad for her. Perception is reality, for many folks. For me.

CoinOKC likes this.
  9. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

10. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

11. rlm's cents
    Hot

rlm's cents Well-Known Member

Oh, but you really have "heard" it. You have just chosen to ignore the facts. Remember this?

(a) Classification. Classified information generated or possessed by a licensee, certificate holder, or other person must be appropriately marked. Classified material which is not conducive to markings (e.g., equipment) may be exempt from this requirement. These exemptions are subject to the approval of the CSA on a case-by-case basis. If a person or facility generates or possesses information that is believed to be classified based on guidance provided by the NRC or by derivation from classified documents, but which no authorized classifier has determined to be classified, the information must be protected and marked with the appropriate classification markings pending review and signature of an NRC authorized classifier. This information shall be protected as classified information pending final determination.

BTW, Hillary was the "NRC authorized classifier"

LucyRay likes this.
  12. IQless1
    Blah

IQless1 trump supporters are scum

Hillary Clinton is no George Zimmerman. :rolleyes:

JoeNation likes this.
  13. rlm's cents
    Hot

What? You think she deserves special treatment because she is Hillary?

BTW, you are no Clarence Th0mas. You would not even make a high school liberal.

CoinOKC likes this.
  14. JoeNation
    Cheerful

I'm the scariest thing the GOP can think of.....I think and I vote. Try it some time.

IQless1 likes this.
  15. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

But, the problem is that you don't think WHEN you vote.

16. JoeNation
    Cheerful

I think that if the best the GOP can do is selectively call someone a liar, they are pretty desperate.
    I can easily and provably call Bush/Cheney war criminals.
    I can easily and provably call Donald Trump a blatant liar.
    I can point out that Rick Perry has been indicted on two felony counts related to abuse of power.
    I can point out that there are or have been 6 investigations between Walker and Christie.
    So why would I worry if the GOP wants to call Clinton a liar. Seems like small potatoes.

IQless1 likes this.
  17. rlm's cents
    Hot

Gee! I wonder why someone knowledgeable hasn't done it yet.
    All politicians are liars. It is more how blatant they are.
    That just proves there are liberal DA's
    Just like you have said many a time, despite Ayers admissions of his criminal past, he has not been convicted. However, Walker's and Christi's case, they have been proven innocent.
    But then there are those pesky CLASSIFIED emails.

CoinOKC likes this.
  18. IQless1
    Blah

IQless1 trump supporters are scum

George Zimmerman received "special treatment" from you, COKC and David for several weeks. You three were quite clear that Zimmerman was being treated harshly by us "liberals." True, he only chased-down and shot a teenager in the chest, he wasn't a powerful politician from an opposing party, a person that needs to be constantly vilified by you in order to cause political harm.
    I'm also no Anita Hill.
    ...what. What can I not make a high school liberal ...do...or are you saying I can't make a liberal in high school? I did make a clay sculpture of The Thinker as a demonstration to my art professor in one minute flat, but that was in college so you may have a point there. Also, as far as I know, I didn't impregnate anyone in high school, so that's not going to help my argument at all.

19. JoeNation
    Cheerful

Elections don't take a lot of thought. The Right is exclusively for the wealthy while the Left sides with the working people of this country. How much more do you have to know. If you actually thought before you voted, you'd never vote for the Right. But you don't have to think, they tell you what to think.

20. JoeNation
    Cheerful

You do realize that the federalist papers organization conducted a push-poll?