Now GOP Denying Holocaust

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Moen1305, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Moen1305

Moen1305 Not Republican!

Man! What a crop of winners the RW has on their hands.

Congressional Candidate: ‘Holocaust never happened’

by Brian Rademaekers | February 29, 2012
    A congressional primary candidate in Illinois is drawing some heat for denying the Holocaust.
    Arthur Jones, 64, an insurance salesman running as a Republican, is vying for a shot at replacing Democratic Congressman Dan Lipinski in Illinois’ 3rd Congressional District.
    Not surprisingly, it isn’t his claims of a complaint-free record with the Illinois State Department of Insurance that are stirring up controversy.
    “As far as I’m concerned, the Holocaust is nothing more than an international extortion racket by the Jews,” Jones told a reporter with the Oak Lawn Patch. “It’s the blackest lie in history. Millions of dollars are being made by Jews telling this tale of woe and misfortune in books, movies, plays and TV.”
    The Patch article described Jones as a Lyons, Ill., resident who “organizes family-friendly, neo-Nazi events around Adolf Hitler’s birthday.”
    He is one of three Republicans hoping to replace Lipinski.
    While Jones’ campaign website makes no mention of neo-Nazi affiliations, a section titled “Support for Israel?!” shows a defaced statue of Mary and says “This is what racist criminal Zionist Israel thinks of Christians.”
    The article reports that this is Jones’ third shot at running for the district, which covers parts of Chicago and the city’s southern suburbs.
    In a Patch candidate questionnaire, Jones stated he has not been “convicted of a felony but has been arrested for ‘minor street skirmishes with Leftists.’”

2 people like this.
  2. IQless1
    Blah

IQless1 trump supporters are scum

Yikes! Talk about helping Iran! Iran has also been denying the Holocaust ever happened, and they use comments such as this Republican's as evidence.

That said, I'm certain the Republican party would not agree with him... but let's face it, if the man was a Democrat, this would be pounced on by the party and used to fire-up their base. It would be regurgitated endlessly on right-wing blogs and FOX that this guy represents the beliefs of the Democrats.

In reality the Democratic party sees this as the rantings of one man, and not representing the beliefs of the entire Republican party...not counting Moen, who may just want to see someone squirm and sputter :D In that event... He's a Republican! A REPUBLICAN!!! Republicans are aiding Iran!

3. Moen1305

Moen1305 Not Republican!

This guy may be a lone wolf in his opinions but unless the Republican establishment refuses to support his election bid and disassociates the party from him completely, they are complicit in his opinions. At one time, I doubt it would even be a question that they would disavow this guy if for no other reason than to protect themselves but these days I'm going to need proof before I'll credit them with being against his comments. See I am a reasonable guy.

2 people like this.
  4. clembo

clembo Well-Known Member

Probabaly not the smartest statement in political history.

2 people like this.
  5. HollysMom

HollysMom New Member

At what point do you distinguish between the party and a single person's opinion? If there is anyone who is treating Israel abominably, it is Obama--look at his behavior since taking office . . . Just because one "RW" person says something unutterably contemptible and stupid doesn't make it GOP policy or position. No matter what, no matter who fails to condemn his opinion, it is not "party position" and it does not make the entire party complicit in what he has said. It might make individuals complicit, but unless the majority of a party hold that opinion and unless it is recognized as being party platform in some place other than Moen's head, in no way is this opinion officially that of any party. It is truly sad that someone is so blinded by partisanship that s/he has to feel the need to have every person speak out against a particular position just to believe that it is not majority opinion.

For the record: I wish there could be a time machine built, that Holocaust deniers could have Stars of David or various-colored triangles sewn to their clothing, and then have their sorry butts kicked through to Nazi Germany. Yep, let's see how wearing a pink triangle, a brown triangle or a "yellow badge" works for you when you have nowhere to go and not way to protect yourself . . . deny that . . .

Edited to add:

I forgot to mention making them change into the striped uniform first. Yep, if they really believed there had been no Holocaust, then they'd have no issue with doing these things, right?

6. Moen1305

Moen1305 Not Republican!

As I said, I think the party needs to come out and deny any and all support for this guy, and by the way, in cases like the Indiana Republican Bob Morris that is standing by his allegations that the Girl Scouts is a radical organization that promotes abortions and homosexuality. At least in Morris' case, other I-Repubs have called him out. That needs to be the case in Illinois. These people obviously feel comfortable making these silly statements in their communities because they must have at least some support for these harebrained views. In this country, we are free to say whatever we want but we are also free to support or not support a person for their views. I wish that the Illinois Republican establishment would come out and deny any association with Jones.
    Look at David Duke. This guy was as about as radical racist is this country has ever seen and won elections, as a Republican, when the Right should have denounced him. They knew that he had Right-wing popular support in his community and one could easily argue that he represented his constituency but were his views something the country needed or were his views and his communities views simply divisive rhetoric representing a small vocal minority that had the right to voice their opinions but should never be elected to represent anti-constitutional views of the equality of men? I dunno. It's a tough question because the minority certainly needs a voice but where do you draw the line between giving everyone a voice and supporting views antithetical to democracy?

2 people like this.
  7. David

David Proud Enemy of Hillary

I don't think the guy is speaking as a Republican necessarily but rather as a citizen of IL. Does everyone in IL think this way? Party be damned, I think the state needs to speak out...every citizen...if they don't then it's proof the citizens of IL support this nutty rhetoric.

8. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

If he is standing as a candidate for a party and that party is endorsing him then what he says reflects on that party. It is then up to that party to publicly state if they support this candidates words or if they distence themselfs from them
    The person if standing for election to office is no longer simply a citizen they are the face and voice of the party
    I also agree with David that the good people of that state need to make there voice heard in such a matter (quite often the only way to wake the party up)

2 people like this.
  9. IQless1
    Blah

IQless1 trump supporters are scum

I'm happy to see someone ask that, but I'd be happier to see everyone ask that more often, and not just when defending the Republican, or Democratic, party.

2 people like this.
  10. Stujoe

Stujoe Well-Known Member

Just another crazy Upstater.