Officials say man seen in viral photograph at Nancy Pelosi's desk arrested

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FryDaddyJr, Jan 8, 2021.

1. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Well-Known Member

He was afraid of losing his freedom, turns out . . . he was right.

(CNN)The man photographed sitting at House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's desk during Wednesday's riots in the US Capitol has been arrested and charged with three federal counts, including theft of public property, federal officials said Friday.

Federal officials said Richard Barnett of Arkansas was taken into custody Friday morning in Little Rock.
    TRUMP WHITE HOUSE

Barnett was charged with knowingly entering and remaining in restricted building grounds without authority, violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds as well as the theft of public property, officials said.
    A resident of Alabama was also charged in connection with the pipe bomb found on the south side of the Capitol building. Eleven Molotov cocktails and military-style weapon were found in his pickup truck, officials said.
    "Just because you've left the DC region you can still expect a knock on the door if we find out you were part of the criminal activity at the Capitol," said Steven D'Antuono, assistant director in charge of the FBI's Washington field office.
    [​IMG]

Richard Barnett
    "The FBI is not sparing any resources in this investigation," he said.

Man seen in viral photograph at Nancy Pelosi's desk faces charges, officials say - CNNPolitics

2. c jay
    Amused

c jay Well-Known Member

Sounds right to me. I don't care who you are or what side you're on, vandalism and rioting does no one any good.

toughcoins likes this.
  3. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

Exactly what the boy deserves..... I wonder what the theft of public property charge was for? Suppose he may have taken a souvenir from Pelosi’s office?

4. c jay
    Amused

c jay Well-Known Member

I hear a laptop.

toughcoins and Mopar Dude like this.
  5. toughcoins

toughcoins Rarely is the liberal viewpoint tainted by realism

The laptop I heard was missing belonged to a different Representative, from Oregon, I think.

If it had been Pelosi's laptop, THAT might've turned out to be quite the crisis, even with data heavily encrypted, as I'm quite sure is required.

6. c jay
    Amused

c jay Well-Known Member

At least they didn't raid her refrigerators. All that high end ice cream at risk.

7. c jay
    Amused

c jay Well-Known Member

Speaking of occupying Nancy's office, he wasn't the first......

Ocasio-Cortez, youth protesters storm Pelosi office to push for climate plan

By ANTHONY ADRAGNA and ZACK COLMAN

11/13/2018 12:23 PM EST

Updated 11/13/2018 02:55 PM EST

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

More than 200 youth activists, flanked by Rep.-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, flooded House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi’s office this morning urging Democrats to act more decisively on climate change.

Capitol Police said they arrested 51 protesters for unlawfully demonstrating outside Pelosi's office in the Cannon House Office Building. The arrests began a few hours after the demonstration began, when protesters refused to leave the area. Pelosi said she welcomed the protest and called on the police "to allow them to continue to organize and participate in our democracy.”

Ocasio-Cortez, who left before the arrests began, said she was there to support the protesters and encourage Pelosi to listen to them. Ocasio-Cortez has not made clear yet whether she'll back Pelosi for speaker when Democrats hold leadership elections later this month, though noted today she's "looking forward to us working together."

“We need a Green New Deal and we need to get to 100 percent renewables because our lives depend on it,” Ocasio-Cortez told reporters. “The IPCC themselves, they say we have 10 years left and I — not just as an elected member, but as a 29-year-old woman — am thinking not just about what we are going to accomplish in the next two years but the America that we’re going to live in in the next 30 years.”

The Green New Deal has become a rallying cry for liberals who want to build out renewable energy through a big infrastructure and jobs package, though there are few specific plans on what it might entail. Protesters outside Pelosi's office held signs asking, “what is your plan?”