Olympics

Discussion in 'World Events' started by De Orc, Aug 18, 2008.

1. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Any of you guy's watching this event? Me I have to take my hat of to Michael Phelps this guy has won more Golds than most countries have LOL and now he wants to win in events he has never compeated in!! that guy is amazing. I was also astounded by the Jamaican 1/2/3 in the Womans 100M a olympic first not just for Jamaica (There first womans Gold in this event) but for the womens track events as a whole :D Then from the UK there was Rebecca Romero only the second British woman to win Gold in two totaly different sports (1st in sailing)
    I could go on about the number of world records smashed for me it realy has been well worth watching :D

2. Pepperoni

Pepperoni New Member

Games

Ditto, some great stories this year !

3. scottishmoney

scottishmoney ¿Quien sabes?

For the most part good sportsmanship has dominated the games, I particularly liked when the Georgian woman shooter went up and gave her Russian medallist counterpart a hug at the medal platform, all the while their countries were shooting each other. Kind of gave one a temporary warm fuzzy we can all get along feeling.

But then there was the Swedish wrestler throwing his medal down at the ceremony and stomping off and slamming doors - idiot.

4. Level Headed

Level Headed El Paranoico

Have not watched as much as a 10 second clip. Nada. Zero.
    Not at all interested in it.
    Flame away.

5. Isa

Isa Yasu

no interest but then soccer is my sport and those I coach who don't have the talent I send over to the track team.

6. Isa

Isa Yasu

No interest as well.

7. Stu Joe

Stu Joe New Member

I have been watching them a lot. I always find the Olympics compelling. The human body is capable of some amazing things. Not mine...but other people's. lol

Phelps was quite interesting but the most astounding event I watched so far was the Men's 100m dash.

8. snaz

snaz New Member

I was watching the olympics and they did a quick little video about phelps' body and how it seems prefect for swimming. Huge upper body long legs, double jointed everywhere. and huge feet for paddling! lol
    Congrats U.S.A on all your medals

9. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

The 100M was simply amazing just how relaxed he was before and during the race :eek: and I do believe he is going to try and do the double LOL (200M)
    A bit of controvesy today in the jymnastics apparently a chinese girl who won gold has had her aged dramaticly improved LOL last year she was officialy recognised as 13 but now so she can compeat in the games has a new passport saying she is 16!! and the best bit is the Olympic officials are saying thats ok LOL

10. scottishmoney

The human body can be capable of incredible things, and crooked governments capable of even more incredible things, like adding on 3 years to an age.:eek:

11. Stu Joe

Stu Joe New Member

Of course it is ok. We can never offend China. Nooooooo.

12. scottishmoney

I think as of a couple of weeks ago, better not mess with Russia either. :mad:

13. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

Did you guys hear about the Cuban taekwando competitor who kicked the referee in the head? Well,the Cuban competitor has now been banned for life,but the Cuban Olympic Committee are going to appeal the decision.

Bye-bye Beijing,hello London!

Aidan.

14. Stu Joe

Stu Joe New Member

You should read what Fidel had to say.

15. Isa

Isa Yasu

16. Isa

Isa Yasu

17. Stu Joe

Stu Joe New Member

Because I can watch women's beach volleyball and the wife doesn't say anything. lol

18. scottishmoney

At least watching Misty May is legal, and moral even if one has immoral thoughts about her:D

19. Isa

Isa Yasu

"Because I can watch women's beach volleyball and the wife doesn't say anything". lol

"At least watching Misty May is legal, and moral even if one has immoral thoughts about her"

Perhaps I missed something this olympics. It seems as if there is more to it then roman-greco wrestling.

20. Isa

Isa Yasu

Because I can watch women's beach volleyball and the wife doesn't say anything. lol"

"At least watching Misty May is legal, and moral even if one has immoral thoughts about her.

Perhaps I missed something this olympics. It seems as if there is more to it then roman-greco wrestling.