One of the main reasons why Bernie Sanders will never get the Democrat nomination

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JohnHamilton, Sep 5, 2019.

1. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

JohnHamilton Active Member

Bernie Sanders is running for the Democrat presidential nomination again. When he's not running, he becomes an Independent again.

If I were a Democrat, I would not be happy with that at all. If you want a political party's highest honor, their presidential nomination, you need to be committed to that party. For that reason, I think that there enough loyal Democrats who are not happy with that to withhold their support for him.

2. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation FOX Lies, GOP buys!

Just curious, since you obviously don't vote for Democrats, why do you care about Bernie Sanders or any Democrat for that matter? My advice is that you should just wait until the Democrats pick a nominee and then bash that person. Save time and energy.

I feel like you are just trying to sow dissent on the Democratic side but believe me, nobody over here cares was GOP trolls think anyway just like you don't care what the Democrats think of the buffoon that resulted from your last primary.

Nice try but futile at best.

3. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

Why do I care?

Because there are degrees of bad on your side, and I care about my family and my country. I didn’t care for Obama, but compared to Hillary, he was a saint. Obama was for globalism, higher taxes and wealth redistribution, but he was honest for a politician.

Hillary supported anything that gave her power and money. She would support what Obama did if it was a means of getting the Democrat nomination and winning the election. In addition, she was ready to sell favors to anyone who would pay her. As Trump said, she was and is “crooked Hillary.”

My wife and I worked hard and saved for what we have. We delayed consumption and built our retirement plans to the max. We played by the rules, and now we are in good financial shape for retirement.

Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren pose a major threat to that. Most of the others on your side might threaten it too, but they are down in the polls. Almost all of the candidates on your side push "The Green New Deal" which crash the economy and destroy what my wife and I have worked to earn. Only John Delaney spoke some good sense on your side, but he has no chance.

Warren wants a wealth tax. She’ll start by going after the billionaires, but I know how new tax sources work. A politician gets their foot in the door, and then they go after more and more people. The Federal Income tax is a prime historical example of that. “Temporary state sales taxes” are another. Did you know that the Massachusetts state sales tax was passed as a “temporary measure?” It passed in the late 1950s, so I guess “temporary” is a long time.

I know a lot more about history that you do.

I'll express my opinions about the people who want your party's nomination any time I care to. You have a lot of nerve telling me to shut up.

You have a bad case of "Trump derangement syndrome." You trying to change the Republican Party, so don’t come after me when I make political observations that hit home. Your hypocrisy is blatantly obvious.

4. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation FOX Lies, GOP buys!

At no point did I ever even suggest that you "shut up". In fact, I said that you might want to wait until the nominee is chosen and then spend your time bashing that candidate. That is hardly telling you to "shut up".

In 2016, your side had 17 losers, each one more deplorable that then next and you decided to pick the least qualified, the least experienced, the least presidential guy with the worst temperament on the planet and he proceeded to do everything that he ridiculed Obama for doing in true hypocritical fashion. Have seen his taxes yet? Has Mexico paid for the wall? Have we averaged that 3% growth. Has the deficit decreased? How are those "easy" trade deals working out? Lies, lies, and more lies.

From the nepotism to the endless lying to the total embarrassment he has brought to this country through denigrating our European Allies to encouraging murderous regimes like Russia, North Korea, and the Philippians, he never met an authoritarian dictator he didn't admire. Love letters from Kim Jong-un?

You keep bragging in one thread after another that you are some maven of history and now you say that you know a lot more about history than I do. How could you possible know what I know about history. Braggadocios much? Unless you're a history professor, I seriously doubt that your self-congratulatory opinion of your history knowledge is any better than anyone else's. What's you specialty? No one knows ALL history. Even academics concentrate on specific time periods. Are you just better than the rest of us because you know ALL of history? Please!!

5. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

I don't know all history. I know a lot of American history, and I have pulished articles on American political items and the major issues from each of the campaigns.

Obviously you are an expert on Trump. You hate him so much, you can't be rational

I don't need need to see them. I imagine that he paid $0 for a number of years because the loss carry over provisions. If that's so, I don't care.

Not a reasonable promise, and I never took it seriously.

Yes, we have. Now you can go into another of your temper tantrums of hate. I'll just watch.

No, but after Obama racked up more debt that all of his predecessors, you are sitting in a glasshouse.

I don’t know what to do about the deficit. A lot of the spending is “nondiscretionary” and what’s left too politically radioactive to touch. Raising taxes won’t fix it because the economy will get smaller and the tax receipts will decrease.

I know enough Keynesian economics to know that won’t work. And since Keynes has been claimed by your side, you can’t argue very much.

I guess we have to wait for the ultimate collapse.

The deals with Canada and Mexico are set. The trouble is the Democrats don't want the deals to pass. China is a bear. But since you are leftist, you probably think that China is right in what it has done to us. Perhaps you could yell at Chuch Schumer. He has quietly supported Trump on this one. You are really good at yelling at people.

6. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

We know you hate Trump @JoeNation. Who do you like in your party? Would care to tell us why?

7. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Active Member

As a conservative, I was a bit concerned at the outset. However I have learned in business that the only true testament to a mans efforts are in his results. While I am not a fan of his boisterous demeanor, the man has produced results. I know I am having trouble finding help in my office. Everyone that wants to work... Is working! All else aside, that is a “result” that truly benefits all, wealthy or not.

JohnHamilton likes this.