Police violence, regardless of race

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GeneWright, Sep 13, 2020.

1. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation Patron Saint of Idiots

Our police are among the most poorly trained police in the world. They get a matter of weeks of training. They also have the most firepower of just about any police force in the world if not the most deadly weapons known to civilian police forces. Apparently that wasn't enough. Now they are being equipped with military weaponry and vehicles because we have armed civilians with assault weapons. Any idea where this escalation ends? It looks something like the future in any of the Terminator movies just in case you were unable to imagine it yourself.

2. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

I had eight weeks of training before the Army put me on a hot nuclear missile firing pad.... It isn’t about their training. However once we choose to train young minds that law enforcement should be treated with respect, this will all deescalate faster than you can say bang.

3. JoeNation
    Angelic

Or maybe we could could just teach law enforcement not to shoot unarmed people 7 times in the back? They all seem to have been out sick the day that was taught.

4. Mopar Dude

Joe it takes two to tango. When you choose to refrain from criminal activities, you don’t have to worry about being shot.

JohnHamilton likes this.
  5. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Well-Known Member

more like robocap

6. Mopar Dude

Until you need them.

JohnHamilton likes this.
  7. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer de omnibus dubitandum

Sound the alarm! I actually 100% agree with this part of your statement, our police are extremely under trained. I 100% believe that Police need much more training and guidance before and during there time as active duty police officers. But sadly better training is only to the forces who can afford it.

FryDaddyJr likes this.
  8. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

JohnHamilton Well-Known Member

The police are the thin Blue line between civilization and chaos. With all of their talk about “compassion for African-Americans,” the left really doesn’t give a damn about them. They are pawns in the power game.

Biden tells us that the violence will end if he is elected. It’s a calculated strategy that enough of the young are programmed well enough to believe it and enough Whites are having guilt trips over supposed police brutality. The truth is, aside from George Floyd, who was no saint or role model for anyone, almost all of the incidents that have resulted in the rioting were justified.

The latest one in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, featured a knife wielding thug, who has used the same MO last year in an unprovoked attack on four people, was coming after a police officer with a big butcher knife. It was the officer’s life or the thug’s life.

The police released the officer’s body cam video in hopes of avoiding a riot. It showed the thug charging the officer, knife in hand. If a social worker had been sent instead of the police, there would have a dead social worker.

Instead of acting on the evidence, the mob, lead by out of town elements, were out burning and rioting again. You can buy into this crap, or you can reject it and vote for Trump.

The left can‘t even control its own. The Portland mayor has been fully supportive of the rioters. Yet the mod still came to where he lived and terrorized the neighborhood. If you think that a frail, weak, senile old man is going to stop this, you are delusional.

Mopar Dude likes this.
  9. FryDaddyJr

No one asked you to

10. Mopar Dude

I hope someday soon that you may find inner happiness. The rage you repeatedly show towards aged and overweight people tells me you are a very sad man. Go outside. Smell some flowers, pet a dog. Do something. I’m getting very concerned about your state of mind.

11. CoinBlazer

I second.

Mopar Dude likes this.
  12. Mopar Dude

Sadly, it is becoming readily apparent that he thrives off this stuff. I feel bad for the poor fellow. This may be the only attention he gets.

JohnHamilton likes this.
  13. CoinBlazer

Agreed again, I sadly see this behavior very common in adolescent teens between the age of 13-17.:(

14. JoeNation
    Angelic

I bit too much high-roading in this thread don't ya think?

15. toughcoins

toughcoins Rarely is the liberal viewpoint tainted by realism

I respect a lot of perspectives you bring to this site, but you and I are WAY too far apart on this subject.

You omit too much from your analogy . . .

European cops don't carry guns, and almost no one in Europe has a handgun. The dangers are inherently less for them, so their safeguards are less as well.

If, in the case you cite the suspect is holding a knife in hand, standing still, not moving toward the officer, I imagine the officer would draw the gun, and warn the suspect to drop the knife . . . a suitably restrained response to a suspect wielding a deadly weapon, but doing no more.

This is a very different situation from the same suspect running at the officer with clear intent to harm. The suspect has committed assault with a deadly weapon, whether the threat is spoken or is evident from the suspect's locomotion. The officer's life is in peril and, with limited time to act, defends himself or herself against the attacker with, yes . . . deadly force.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    JohnHamilton likes this.
  16. FryDaddyJr

so how do they defend against knives?

17. toughcoins

18. toughcoins

Careful MD . . . Dancin' with Joe's dancin' with the devil himself.

19. FryDaddyJr

20. JoeNation
    Angelic

What kind of superstitious moron believes in demons? I mean, what are you Mikey, eight years old?

Mikey.png

https://www.toughcoins.com/

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020