Political Phone Texts - A Scam?

Discussion in 'Chatter' started by Mopar Dude, Feb 15, 2024.

1. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

Other than this forum, my politics are private. I don't participate in polls, campaigns or anything that could tie me with any political affiliation..... However, this being the season I receive almost daily texts from unfamiliar numbers... Support Nikki? Click this link.... Make America Great Again? click this link..... It goes on and on and on.... I simply delete them all, but it has me wondering.... Do the various campaigns use texts to fish for support? Or are these scammers hoping to retrieve personal information from some unsuspecting clicker?

Text.jpg

2. toughcoins

toughcoins Rarely is the liberal viewpoint tainted by realism

Do I ever wonder why the campaigns for liberal candidates never contact me?

I'd be willing to bet everyone else is lopsidedly contacted by the party they favor, and not by the party they don't.

I'm also willing to bet that those political parties have paid obscene amounts of money to the internet and telecom industries to invade our privacy for political power. Not that we'd ever find evidence of same . . . As @charley would say, both the internet / telecom industries and the DNC / RNC will do a fine job of "covering their azzes".

3. GeneWright

GeneWright Well-Known Member

I think it's because you're registered to vote. I knew a guy that worked on some political campaigns and they have access to a surprising amount of personal information for registered voters including party affiliation, phone, address, etc. on an easily searchable database.

Mopar Dude likes this.
  4. freshmeat

freshmeat Can't touch this

They prey on the ignorant. Political affiliation is how they determine who to text. Clicking a link from a text is a seriously dumb idea.

5. freshmeat

Trump donor web page outed all the fools around here.

6. toughcoins

I am a registered independent.

I have never donated to any of Trump’s campaigns . . . Not one red cent.

7. Mopar Dude

The dummy…. The photo was only one of the
    Many texts that I showed only to illustrate my question. I too have never given any of my heads earned money to a political campaign….. The boy was just speaking from his backside. Just another drive-by bomb with an unlit fuse.

CoinOKC likes this.
  8. GeneWright

That does surprise me then. I guess maybe it's a demographics thing? They put a ton of money and time into figuring out where the ads will be most effective, so something about you seems to match their algorithms for conservative leaning independent.

9. toughcoins

Ads, nothing. Eight years ago, when my daughter had not quite reached eighteen, she was already getting phone calls on our landline from Democrat pollsters wanting to know who she was planning to vote for. I know because they often called when she was out working her job or babysitting.

She wasn't registered to vote, she had a rather modest work history, no political involvement at that time, and a meager digital footprint, yet they still tracked her down.

10. GeneWright

Definitely demographics in that case. If they can register her the moment she turns 18 it's an almost guaranteed democrat vote (purely by demographics, I know nothing about your daughter's politics)

11. I haven't got any yet (I suspect that to change since I just recently donated to Kennedy and a Pro 2A congressman in Texas) but I have gotten several scam calls using AI voices. One of them claimed to be Joe Rogan doing a giveaway for fans of the podcast. Now that I think about it, two years ago when I was still too young to vote, I got a couple of texts from democrat campaigns in my area, strangely enough. Nothing since, though, so I assume not opening them made them assume my number wasn't active.

12. Mopar Dude

Are you saying that there is a way to know if a text message was read?

13. freshmeat

If I DOX you I can check that.

Hint: I don't allow scripts and don't see photo's here.

Around here. Right here where I sit. ¿Comprende?

--------------------

But go ahead and make stuff up if it suits you. You guys need some critical thinking skills to comprehend what is before you. Adding your wrong interpretations and fabricated fillings makes you seem neither appealing nor smart. SNAFU

Lemmie enlighten you about my neighbor. That particular one. We share a quarter mile of common property line and there is more than a mile crow fly between our homes. Much longer to drive around and get there. A few years back he took ill and needed some help. He was hospitalized with extreme low blood P, dehydration, pneumonia ... and forget the 4th thing off hand. He is way past retirement age but didn't want to stop farming. I hauled his spring manure pile for him, as one of my helps.... loaded it with a skid steer and spread it one wagon at a time over fields long distance from the pile. This is some nasty work. always gotta play the wind positioning, loading, spreading etc. Not to mention getting on and off the equipment to make the switch twice an hour all day. I am old.
    After weeks of this I was over there finishing up mowing his lawn for that day loading up, and whatever, and he was back on his feet but no spring chicken. I trailered my nice mower over there because his sux.

I had been doing all this just to help out. My neighbor needed me. But he catches up with me from his house before I was fixing to go home and offers me 4 or 5 Benjamin's. I reiterated that there was no need for that I was just helping out. From the get go I offered to help out. ( quick math in my head realized he had offered less that minimum wage for real work that even the Ag illegals got paid real $ for around here)

So I joked with him that he gave more to the legless larvae league leader yet I had actually done something for him! And told him really it was unnecessary. His brain froze up a bit: "How do you know . how do you ..." And then " I never gave him anything but my vote." I chuckled and said I was joking around with him. He does not use the net. Never touched a computer nor a smart phone. He gets snail mail rags from right wing crap factories. he had no clue about campaign contribution disclosures being required by law and easily accessible to anyone. I didn't have the heart too tell him.

Fast forward to a couple weeks later when I was over there and he ventured into the topic of donations and explained that in fact he had donated. This had been wearing on him. I said I know.
    a $400 check and a $500 check. You should have seen the look on the poor guy's face.
    Eventually we talked it out and he was shocked about that. Vowed to never do it again but asked about the neighbors. And I told him.

You guys HERE ( at this forum here) (some) don't really understand me. This I know for fact. It has been glaring at me ever since I first arrived. Touch a nerve and your mind closes and defaults to reptile. What happens is you paint a picture in your mind and fill in any missing/misunderstood information with your ill conceived notions. Preconceived and irrelevant. Not just you. many in the world operate like this all day every day about every thing in their lives. Right now they go by 'maga'. The walking blind. An era facing mass extinction.

Go back to my post history from the beginning and read with an open mind and use critical thinking. You might just get it. say so or not. I'm OK either way.

Follow up on my good friend and neighbor, he drove a big ole 4WD loader over here to clear out the big January snow event for me so I could get out for groceries. I opened my wallet and said take what you need. He said not a chance, put that away.

He and I speak freely about things. He was brought up old school and isolated yet sees the truth in what I say. He has become more apt to ask me about the topics his mail feeds him. He has a surprising amount of information, albeit skewed. I print him facts off the net. We won't be shooting at each other any time soon. I am still surrounded in a sea of blue 2020 lawn banners on the roads around here. It is a daunting task. Brick and mortar. And a place like here where a moderator of an opposing position is involved in a discussion and gives a time out. WTF is that? Combine that with when the bills are not paid and the site resolves to 'bandwidth exceeded' followed up by complaints I don't come here to babysit enough? I'm driving away now, shoot at my azz if you wish :D

14. Mopar Dude

Can you conceive of the notion that most that fly those blue banners want nothing more than to be unencumbered by the Fed? We don't want nor do we need the blanket of the Fed to tuck us in each night. While I freely admit that the right is far from what our founding fathers envisioned, they at least infringe the least on my ability to live the life I want to live, not dictated to by the self proclaimed elites among us. I and most like me do not want the pablum that is force fed to us by the left and could give two hoots about any MAGA..... I asked you once before which crook is better suited to run this nation. The crook that has us on the verge of WWIII or the crook that kept us out of war and you chose not to answer.... You are no different than the rest of the brainwashed among us. You need to suckle that government pablum all the way to your grave while belittling those of us that choose to do life on our own terms.... Well, I want none of it.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2024
    CoinOKC likes this.
  15. freshmeat

Wow. That is your take away from my heart felt post? And you come back with I am not available to service your needs at your beck and call? WTF is the matter with you?

16. Mopar Dude

Only because, you just don't get it.... You truly refuse to see how thick the wool is that has been pulled over your eyes... Your freedoms are being chipped away at daily and all the while you cheer on the party line.... And you want to throw MAGA at me and tell me that I am brainwashed??? I don't need you, Joe, Kamala, or any other elitist servicing my needs. And that's the chasm we face here.

CoinOKC likes this.
  17. toughcoins

There's a difference between digging for information and doxxing. Dig all you want. Dox anyone here and it'll be the last thing you do on Partisanlines.com.

That suspension was doled out for over-the-top profanity, and it wasn't directed at me. Maybe you've since forgotten, but you knew it then.

The bandwidth was not being exceeded because the bills were not paid. The bandwidth was exceeded by volumetric attacks. Enough said about that in public discourse.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2024
    CoinOKC and Profiler like this.
  18. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

CoinOKC T R U M P 2 0 2 4

I've read all your posts since you started on this forum. Yeah, you started out generic enough, but you quickly showed your true colors and have been going off the deep end ever since. In my eyes, you're an absolutely worthless poster here since all you do is occasionally drop by and lob a few incendiaries and then depart. You have added no worthwhile discussions or opinions since you've been here. So, please go back to spreading manure on your neighbor's farm instead of spreading it here.

360_F_529238072_CXGejxcKx2z2OO8UZCfC1ElqTbUgQ4P8.jpg

SmalltownMN and Mopar Dude like this.
  19. freshmeat

Freedoms? GW - Patriot act ring a bell?

20. freshmeat

Brainchild, I clear all the unread posts then go. You are complaining that I don't wait around to service your desires?