Possible new Oil find in the UK

Discussion in 'World Events' started by De Orc, Dec 24, 2008.

1. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

2. Stu Joe

Stu Joe New Member

Best line of the whole article...

And jobless Gary Patterson, 31, said: “Are you saying that if I dig far down enough beneath my living room I’d strike oil? What is this, the effing Beverly Hillbillies?"

rofl

3. Jake

Jake Just a Dude

And the comment added by one reader wasnt short of the mark when it said , its a great way to empty out these areas of ill repute.

4. scottishmoney

scottishmoney ¿Quien sabes?

Shows that there exists culture even in the vile slums of Britain.:p

5. ApplePi

ApplePi New Member

The laws of supply and demand will always play out, and sooner or later, hopefully later, there will be none of the black gold left.

6. scottishmoney

Actually in the inverse opin, I would offer that I hope it runs out sooner - would be better for the environment in the long run and would induce consumers, companies and even governments to fund sustainable and ecologically harmless alternative sources of energy.

Even T. Boone Pickens agrees with me, and he made his billions in oil.

7. Jake

Jake Just a Dude

Ok , to those who would hope the oil runs out and humans are forced to find new sources of energy , go set your car alight ..back up what you say.

You wont will you ? Empty words hardly worth the uttering.

8. scottishmoney

:p

9. Jake

Jake Just a Dude

People like cars , comfortable cars , fast cars , roomy cars.That isnt going to change.What could change and should change is how many vehicles one address can have.
    Thats if anyones serious about cutting fuel consumption , thats not going to happen either.
    Average home can easily have 4 cars , a few atv's , motorcycle , ride on mower.

10. scottishmoney

I love all the recent western upset over all the cars in India and China, like only we have a right to cruise around in a nice comfy car - canna they trapse around in rickshaws or something?

11. Jake

Jake Just a Dude

I know a guy who owns and operates a rickshaw down in SC , i seen them in Savanah too.

12. scottishmoney

Isaiah would be a good rickshaw driver, well after a thorough horsewhipping. I hae a horsewhip right here in a desk drawer too.

13. Jake

Jake Just a Dude

I doubt he'd last a minute.You need half a brain and be reasonably fit.Its all about balance and stamina.
    Our certifiable friend is neither well balanced nor has half a brain.Using a horsewhip on a dumb animal is never going to work , not even with him.