Rare Coin found in Saudi Arabia

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Bonedigger, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Bonedigger

Bonedigger Another Wandering Celt

What a Country...
    /////////////////////////////////////////////
    Coin From an ‘Alien Civilization’
    Staff Writer
    http://www.arabnews.com/?page=1&section=0&article=53624&d=29&m=10&y=2004

Al-JOUF, 29 October 2004 — A Saudi newspaper yesterday reported the discovery of what it called a rare coin with unique features that belonged to an ancient civilization. The paper said the coin had an inscription in an unknown language that was not English. It described the coin as having a palm tree with eight branches, a woman sunbathing, a ship and a castle with a dome.

According to the newspaper, the coin belonged to an ancient civilization that flourished in Al-Jouf.

The strange thing is that the “strange” coin, which the paper claimed had an inscription in an unknown language, had Puerto Rico inscribed clearly on it. The coin is believed to have been left behind by one of the tourists visiting the area and does not belong to any ancient civilization as claimed by the newspaper.

2. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

That's a medal,not a coin.Puerto Rico is an American island located in the Caribbean.True,the language isn't English,but it is Spanish.

Aidan.

3. Danr

Danr New Member

I bet our old friend Islamic coins would like this one

4. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

Talking of Islamiccoins,has anyone heard from our Islamic friend in Finland?

Aidan.

5. Danr

Danr New Member

he pm'ed me b*tching about the haters on the board (but he was a bit of a hater himself). I just found it very funny to have a guy on equal level of hate coming from the other side. He got banned for his unpopular speech

6. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Oh that is funny has anyone told them I wonder :rolling:

De Orc :D