Religion and Politics

Discussion in 'Religion' started by JoeNation, Apr 8, 2014.

1. JoeNation
    No Mood

JoeNation The ReichWing Abuser

I wonder if these Christians will ever wise up? You simply have a Right-winger drop the word God and you vote for them like lemmings. I guess these Christians are just easy pickin's. Low hanging fruit as they say. True believers without a braincell in their heads. :p

Jilted Husband Says Kissing Congressman Is 'The Most Non-Religious Person I Know
    Caitlin MacNeal – April 8, 2014, 1:07 PM

The husband of the staffer caught kissing Rep. Vance McAllister (R-LA) says that while the congressman ran as a religious man who cherished family values, he wasn't actually religious. "I know his beliefs. When he ran one of his commercials, he said 'I need your prayers,' and I asked, 'When did you get religious?' He said, 'When I needed votes,'" Heath Peacock, 34, told CNN Tuesday. "He broke out the religious card and he's about the most non-religious person I know." “He has wrecked my life,” Peacock added. “We’re headed for divorce.” “It was just a kiss, that was all it was, but it embarrassed me and my family. This guy has turned my life upside down," he said. The couple has been married for six years and have a 6-year-old son, according to CNN. The Ouachita Citizen on Monday published a video with surveillance footage of McAllister, who is married, making out with his district scheduler, Melissa Peacock. McAllister has asked for "forgiveness from God, my wife, my kids, my staff, and my constituents who elected me to serve." Melissa Peacock's husband, however, told CNN "he's apologized to everyone in the world except me." "I’m just freaking devastated by the whole deal, man. I loved my wife so much. I cannot believe this. I cannot freaking believe it. I feel like I’m going to wake up here in a minute and this is all going to be a bad nightmare," he continued.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/staffer-husband-kissing-congressman-not-religious

2. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Once again a True Politician at work (and play) :eek: