Rubber Bullets?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by clembo, Nov 2, 2011.

1. clembo

clembo Well-Known Member

2. IQless1
    Blah

IQless1 trump supporters are scum

The type of pellets appears to be consistant with some non-lethal, crowd-dispersion weapons specialized polices forces use. It makes sense that the police fired one off, they have them... there was a crowd they'd rather have dispersed. An immensly small possibility is that an occupier had one and it went off... highly unlikely though. Incidents like this should occur more and more as cities get tired of the Occupiers.

3. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

CoinOKC Donald Trump For President In 2020

Ouch! Rubber bullets sting.

4. DeeNeely

DeeNeely New Member

So do paint balls if you are not wearing protective gear. You can also blind people which is why paint ball players wear goggles. The police running around shooting unprotected people with paint ball guns is just as dangerous as rubber bullets.

5. David

David Proud Enemy of Hillary

Wonder if any of the protesters are as consciousness as the police (with their rubber bullets) when they are throwing bottles & rocks at police & innocent bystanders?
    Sexual assaults, drugs, theft, child molestation....when are people going to realize the "Occupy" movement was long ago supplanted by common street criminals? Your support is misplaced people.

2 people like this.
  6. DeeNeely

DeeNeely New Member

And where is your evidence that this is endemic and widespread in the Occupy movements? I am not talking about a few isolated acts. I am talking about a standard, common and promoted act of the OWS movements.

2 people like this.
  7. David

As I've stated a number of times, I don't think the violence came from the OWS folks. The violence & anarchy is from the Flea Party radicals who took over a long time ago. I've posted a number of links to local media outlet reports from their particular cities, these aren't biased reports you expect to find in the national or cable media but rather local reports from local outlets. If you have missed them it is only because you don't want to acknowledge what is happening and I find that sad.

2 people like this.
  8. DeeNeely

DeeNeely New Member

You still haven't shown how that is part of the OWS movement and not just isolated incidents of people acting badly. You keep lumping the protesters into one group and condemning them all based on the actions of a smaller criminal element which may, or may not, be actual members of the OWS movement.

2 people like this.
  9. HollysMom

HollysMom New Member

Honestly, does that matter? A saying exists (with apologies to my krewe), "Lie down with dogs and you get up with fleas." If the OWS protesters did not want to be associated with the people who are causing the violence--whether the individuals are "members" of the "movement" or not--then they need to denounce the violent protestors and make an effort to eradicate violence from their protest. Given, however, that they are really not much more than a loose collection of individuals with a series of gripes, then I don't see such an event occurring.

10. Moen1305

Moen1305 Not Republican!

11. Moen1305

Moen1305 Not Republican!

Type this phrase into Google, "rubber bullet deaths" because there were just too many links to post.

2 people like this.
  12. David

How many times do I have to post this:

"As I've stated a number of times, I don't think the violence came from the OWS folks."

2 people like this.
  13. DeeNeely

DeeNeely New Member

Then why don't you talk about the violent infiltrators instead of the movement as two separate occurrences.

14. DeeNeely

DeeNeely New Member

They have attempted to deal with these problems by asking the police for help. In fact, that was the source of the entire mess surrounding the protests in Nashville. The protesters asked the police for some assistance with the people who caused problems. Did they get that help? No. The police and the governor said they didn't have enough police to do it and instead tried to deny the protesters access. However, they had enough state police available (73-75) to raid the protests two nights in a row.
    http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2011/oct/28/arrests-made-at-wall-st-protest-in-nashville/

I wonder how often the protesters asked for help in other cities and didn't get any response. I know that the photographer who took the picture of the man defecating on a police car said the police didn't respond when people complained to them about some peoples actions.

People keep talking about how the protesters are letting criminals run wild instead of calling the cops. From what I can tell the police would prefer to let the criminals have their way because it makes the protesters look bad. How many times to do ask the cops for help before you start policing yourselves?

Can you show me a link where the OWS protesters have said the violence is OK and calling for more?

2 people like this.
  15. HollysMom

HollysMom New Member

Perhaps because the two are indistinguishable? I've said it before: the OWS "movement" just needs to fold up its tents and move along--literally. They have outlived their usefulness.

16. rlm's cents
    Hot

rlm's cents Well-Known Member

Maybe not quite what you asked for, but this is the mentality of some of them.

17. DeeNeely

DeeNeely New Member

2 people like this.
  18. Takiji

Takiji Well-Known Member

Outlived their usefulness? Chances are that they're just getting started.

2 people like this.
  19. HollysMom

HollysMom New Member

Perhaps so. However, their sit-ins are losing their effectiveness. If they continue in the direction that they're going, the group itself will not be far behind. I don't think I'm going too far out on a limb to say that by the end of next week there will be at least a few sit-ins scattered by fire hoses and other means.

20. Takiji

Takiji Well-Known Member

You might want to invest in fire hoses, rubber bullets, tear gas, and other means of people control. I think there is going to be a growing global demand.
    http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2011/10/occupy-wall-street-spreads-worldwide/100171/

2 people like this.