So Republicans.... Your Idea to Stem the Tide of illegal Immingrants is to do NOTHING?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JoeNation, Jul 14, 2014.

1. JoeNation
    Cheerful

JoeNation FOX Lies, GOP buys!

I guess as long as you can try to make political hay out of the misery and desperation of children fleeing violence and poverty and creating a refugee crisis in the U.S. ..... The heck with actually doing anything about the problem. Ah Republicans, stupid is as stupid does.

Republicans Balk At Obama's Request For Border Emergency Funds

Reuters
    Posted: 07/13/2014 1:19 pm EDT Updated: 07/13/2014 1:59 pm EDT

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

By Diane Bartz

WASHINGTON, July 13 (Reuters) - Leading Republican lawmakers balked on Sunday at supporting a White House spending request aimed at bolstering the U.S. border with Mexico, where thousands of children have crossed recently, while calling for changes in the law to allow faster deportations.

The White House has asked for $3.7 billion in emergency funds to help pay for border security, temporary detention centers and additional immigration court judges to process asylum cases.

The Obama administration warned lawmakers on Thursday that border security agencies would run out of money this summer if the request was not approved.

Senator John McCain, an Arizona Republican, said when asked about the spending bill that the priority had to be stopping the flow of children and teenagers from Central America to the United States.

"The best way to do that is for planeloads of these young people to be returning to the country of origin," he told CNN's "State of the Union." "As soon as they (parents) see their money is not effective in getting their kids to this country, it will stop."

More than 52,000 children traveling alone from Central America have been caught at the U.S.-Mexico border since October, twice as many as the same period the year before.

U.S. immigration officials say the crisis is being driven by poverty and gang and drug violence in Central America, as well as rumors perpetuated by smugglers that children who reach the U.S. border will be permitted to stay.

House of Representatives Appropriations Committee Chairman Harold Rogers said last week that the Obama administration asked for "too much money" but declined to say what an appropriate figure would be.

Representative Michael McCaul, a Texas Republican, also declined to support the spending bill. "We're not going to write a blank check for over $4 billion," he told "Fox News Sunday." McCaul is chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee.

McCaul said he would support changing a 2008 law that requires deportation proceedings for children that arrive from countries that do not share a border with the United States. This would allow authorities to quickly deport newly arrived Central American children, as they do Mexican children.

McCaul said that bill could see action this summer.

"It's a very tragic human crisis at the border, none like I've ever seen before. I think we have to act before the August recess," he said.

The bill saw opposition from one Democrat, Representative Joaquin Castro of Texas.

"That 2008 law, passed under George W. Bush, was passed for a reason," he told NBC's "Meet the Press." "Many people believe that these kids should have a chance to make their case for asylum. So I think we've got to be careful when we consider completely doing away with that law."

Texas Governor Rick Perry pressed the White House to send National Guard troops to the border to aid the border patrol, which has been stretched thin by the mass influx of minors.

"They need to be right there on the river because that's the message that gets back to Central America. It's important to do that because this flood of children is pulling the border patrol away from their normal duty of keeping bad people (out)," he told "Fox News Sunday."

Perry also said that conversations among Central Americans had been monitored.

"We listen to the conversations. Er, I should say that, the conversations are being monitored with calls back to Central America and the message is, 'Hey, c'mon up here. Everything is great. They're taking care of us,'" he said. (Reporting by Diane Bartz; Editing by Jim Loney and Cynthia Osterman)

2. JoeNation
    Cheerful

No gnats please!

3. rlm's cents
    Hot

rlm's cents Well-Known Member

4. JoeNation
    Cheerful

Buzzzzzzzzz-Zzzzzzzzzzzz-Zzzzzzzzzzz

5. Takiji

Takiji Well-Known Member

The Right doesn't want this or any problem solved. Problems are all they have to run on. Every problem solved while Obama is in office leaves them that much less ammunition for their upcoming campaigns. Not to mention it would violate their cardinal rule about never being part of anything that could possibly in any way reflect positively the black guy named Hussein who is living in their White House.

JoeNation likes this.
  6. arizonaJack

arizonaJack Well-Known Member

I stopped seeings things as right vs left long ago, I see things as right vs wrong.

Nobody has a solution? Here's mine.

Treat the border as you would your house. Simple. Break in and you die. Period.

Put the heads on sticks. Problem would solve itself in 1 news cycle.

7. JoeNation
    Cheerful

And you wonder why people keep backing away from you slowly. Advocating killing and mutilating children probably isn't your best idea. Besides, murder and mutilation is what these kids are fleeing from back home in the first place. At least you know where to go to get the training when you start your kids murder and mutilation campaign.

8. arizonaJack

Always make it about the children.......I did not mention children, you did.

We are a sovereign nation.

I do not look at online forums as a popularity contest.

My solution works. Unless, you want to offer aid and assistance. I will drive an rv full of MS-13 members to your house, that cool with you?

9. JoeNation
    Cheerful

I don't believe that it is in dispute that the waves of people crossing our borders are children. So it isn't me making it about children, the fact is that it is about children. Your "solution" to children fleeing murder, rape, violence, mutilation, human trafficking and worse is to murder and mutilate them. I used to tell my kids that there was no such thing as monsters. Then they got older and asked me why people did horrific things to other people and I finally had to admit to them that monsters do exist after all. If you don't believe me, go look in the mirror and read your solution out loud while looking at your own face. If you don't see a monster staring back at you, you have gone off the deep end. Have never met anyone that has lost a child? You really should. Don't mention your solution.

10. Takiji

Takiji Well-Known Member

Well if you're going to shoot illegals, why exclude the children? Illegal is illegal and anyway, I'm sure most of these kids are over 9 or 10 or so and can be shot as adults.

11. arizonaJack

I just noticed you signature line..fetus something or other.

Ok. Demonstrate absurdity by being absurd. Nice.

Wow

12. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

CoinOKC Donald Trump For President In 2020

Hmmmmm... interesting, but no. You're wrong... once again (this is becoming tiresome, Little Joe). The reason is not because of violence in their home countries; it's because of the wrong perception of US policy and nothing more.

Misperceptions about U.S. immigration policy behind surge of illegal children, report says

July 16, 2014

A new intelligence assessment concludes that misperceptions about U.S. immigration policy – and not Central American violence – are fueling the surge of thousands of children illegally crossing the Mexican border.

The 10-page July 7 report was issued by the El Paso Intelligence Center (EPIC), which according to the Justice Department website is led by the DEA and incorporates Homeland Security. Its focus is on the collection and distribution of tactical intelligence, information which can immediately be acted on by law enforcement.

"Of the 230 migrants interviewed, 219 cited the primary reason for migrating to the United States was the perception of U.S. immigration laws granting free passes or permisos to UAC (unaccompanied children) and adult females OTMs (other than Mexicans) traveling with minors,” the report said.

Read some more. Here ya go:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-policy-behind-surge-illegal-children-report/

13. Stuart
    Breezy

Stuart Member

Guys I am putting the Mod Cap on again and ask you all to roll back on the talk killing of people and especially killing of minors, if you can not make you point with out making threats of violence then hold back until you can, use humor instead it's more effective.
    I don't want to start warning people and all that crap but some of the comments above need to be edited by the poster, and a more considered reply used.
    Thank you.

LucyRay likes this.
  14. c jay
    Brooding

c jay Well-Known Member

Do you realize the amount of stress and angst put on the backs of all those SS Special Unit members back in the 40's. Why would you want our border guards to go through that, where is your humanity. (Please edit if necessary)

In other news, what is so hard about a 48 hour background check and a work visa. The only way to secure the border is to open it. As for employment, you can have a US citizen first hiring policy. As for social services, that is an agreement between the US government and it's citizens and does not necessarily include foreign nationals. You can also have regional consulates to deal with problems of their citizens. If you allow legal work permits without the lofty goal of becoming US citizens, then most of the problem goes away. Anyone sneaking around the entry points will be mostly thugs and drugs, and that law enforcement can deal with.

15. justafarmer

justafarmer Active Member

Deport the illegals back to the country from which they entered. In this case that would be Mexico.

16. JoeNation
    Cheerful

Why would Mexico allow us to dump people from other countries in their country? While sneaking through Mexico on the way to the U.S. isn't allowed either, flying plane loads of kids into Mexico's airports might garner a little attention. I suppose we could sneak them across the border and then turn around an run. Another brilliant solution. Geesh!

17. IQless1
    Blah

IQless1 trump supporters are scum

Native Americans tried a variety of techniques to dissuade illegal immigration.

The modern methods, pursued by those former illegal's descendants, are going to be even less effective.

JoeNation likes this.
  18. justafarmer

justafarmer Active Member

Geesh - they are undocumented, they were caught crossing or detained at the US/Mexico border. Mexico has no basis to reject deportation without documentation these detainees are not Mexican Citizens. It would be a political move to force Mexico to increase efforts on the southern border.

19. JoeNation
    Cheerful

"Force Mexico to increase efforts..." Again, "Force Mexico...." Define exactly what you mean by "force". What would that look like on a enforcement level? See if you can be specific. Give us a scenario where we take a group of Central American kids and "force" Mexico to take them off of our hands. I'll grab the popcorn and wait for your answer.

20. rlm's cents
    Hot

rlm's cents Well-Known Member

Maybe that is too much to expect Obama to actually take the lead in accomplishing something.

CoinOKC likes this.