So We Can Pray With Our Kids At A Ballgame

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Mopar Dude, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

Thanks be to God.... Nuff said.

Profiler likes this.
  2. GeneWright

GeneWright Well-Known Member

An exciting day indeed! See ya at the game

--edited out picture of Satan myself--

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
  3. Mopar Dude

Guessing you and your young bride didn't tie the knot in a church. And that's fine. But you have unknowingly shown the greatest divide between liberals and conservatives..... I would have had the taste and decorum to not display such a vile and evil symbol had I been in attendance at your wedding..... And FYI, I have never demanded that one my my little leaguers pray in the dugout. Nor have I ever had a parent complain when we do. In fact they all want their kids to play for me.

4. GeneWright

It's not vile or evil, and a coach has every bit as much right to lead kids in a rousing "hail Satan" now as a prayer to God. I wanted church and state separate, but that's what this ruling means.

I wonder what will happen when a coach tries to lead the team in a cheer for Satan, gives a speech about xenu (dictator of the galactic federation in scientology), or tells the kids marijuana is good as part of the church of cannabis. That is equally protected as those are all federal recognized religions with tax exempt churches. You'll have no legal recourse if your kid's coach leads them in satanic prayers after the game now.

Did you think this was just for Christians?

5. GeneWright

Edited out the picture. The point here wasn't to be antagonistic, but I was acting that way because I was riled up over how strongly I disagree with this supreme court decision. I stand by everything I've said above, but there's no reason to throw something I know will bother you in your face. I'm sorry.

6. Mopar Dude

I get it..... But seriously... Is there no longer a standard for simple decorum these days?... I mean if we got right down to it, I could flip the bird at the officials and utter curse words on the field... Hey, it is free speech, right?...... I guess what I am getting at is that do we really have to legislate decorum in the 21st century? Do we now have to be told not to use foul language around kids? Has society really fallen that far down in the mud?

7. toughcoins

toughcoins Rarely is the liberal viewpoint tainted by realism

Unfortunately, yes MD . . . for me personally, I felt the turn away from common decency really beginning to take hold around the time of the No Fear tee shirts, Pulp Fiction, Beavis and Butthead, and Jackass.

Mopar Dude likes this.
  8. Mopar Dude

@GeneWright let me be clear about something. I been praying with 8-10 year old kids on ball fields since well before the turn of the century. We coaches aren’t out there praying for kids to dedicate their lives to Christ or anything like that. We are praying that eighteen kids walk away from the field the same as they walked on the field. Happy, respectful and enjoying the opportunity to play. We are praying that win, lose or draw that each kid still feel proud of his contribution to his team…… We aren’t out there “saving souls”. We are teaching kids how to be good sportsmen the best way we know how……. So, no I am not buying into the whole “praying to Wicca” or whatever argument that you choose to bring to this… You can bet that the first little league coach that chooses to do something that inane will be run out of town on rails. These parents are very mindful of the way we handle their kids. I get the sixty yard stare of death when I practice those kids in a drizzle.

What U ignore and CoinOKC like this.
  9. GeneWright

A more realistic example then, how do you think Jewish or Muslim parents feel about Christianity being brought into their children's school or community team? All they wanted was to let their kids to play something like basketball or football with their friends and classmates, and now they're having their faith questioned.

How would you feel if a Jewish coach has them praising God in a system that says Jesus wasn't the messiah? What if they have the kids giving thanks the prophet Muhammad? There's nothing inherently harmful about praying like this, and it's coming from a good place, but it amounts to a trusted authority figure questioning the legitimacy of Christianity to your children.

Then you have people like me, people with no faith. I've participated in various religious experiences and I'm of course not bothered by them or think people shouldn't have the right to do them, I just want a real firm separation of church and state.

I actually have some experience here. I played football in middle school and had a coach that would lead us in prayer at every practice/game. I never said anything about it, but to be frank it was pretty uncomfortable and made me feel ostracized because almost all these other kids seemed so in tune with what was going on (closing their eyes, reciting commonly known prayers in unison) and I was completely lost. They left the prayer feeling energized and motivated, I left it confused and anxious.

To be fair, he was an especially bad coach and gym teacher that was eventually fired for leaving kids in the parking lot of the strip club he went into while on an overnight field trip, but I'm certain my experience with prayer at games is not unique.

Enough! likes this.
  10. JoeNation
    No Mood

JoeNation The ReichWing Abuser

More Christian indoctrination, eh? What if some of the kids aren't Christians? What if they are Muslims? What if they are Jews? What if they are atheists? Aren't you just forcing your beliefs down their little throats? But that's OK, WHY?

11. JoeNation
    No Mood

This is your "Christian America" Nuff said....

Two atheist and agnostic workers claim they were fired for not attending mandatory prayer meetings
    Source: Daily Mail

Two atheist and agnostic workers sue North Carolina home repair firm after being FIRED 'for refusing to attend mandatory Christian prayer meetings that lasted up to 45 minutes'

John McGaha, an atheist, and Mackenzie Saunders, an agnostic, sued Aurora Pro Services for allegedly firing them over their refusal to attend prayer meetings. The two claimed the Greensboro, North Carolina, company required employees to join prayer circles that lasted up to 45 minutes. McGaha said that when he asked to be excused from the prayers, boss Oscar Lopez allegedly cut his pay in half and then fired him. Saunders claimed that when she started to skip out on prayers, her employment was terminated because she was 'not a good fit' for the company.

Read more: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...pany-FIRED-not-attending-prayer-meetings.html

12. Mopar Dude

Indoctrination? I wouldn't trod that path..... I am teaching good sportsmanship. Nothing more. I won't apologize for embracing the values that made this nation great. I will be gone soon enough..... But take a look around and give me an honest assessment of how your experiment in dismantling a great nation is going.

13. Mopar Dude

I miss Paul Harvey.... And here is the rest of the story that the sensational rags don't like to offer. This happens to be a relatively local outfit and this news has been covered down this way...... Aurora Pro Services does hold prayer meetings each morning before work. They are strong in their conviction that the success of their business is tied to prayer. Like any business worth their merit, they offer potential new employees an "offer of employment". This is a simple business document that spells out what is expected if you choose to take a paycheck from the business. It's the rules of the road for any business worth their salt.... In Aurora's offer of employment a morning prayer meeting is clearly spelled out as a company requirement. What McGaha and Saunders have done here was to set up Aurora. An action no different than intentionally falling down on my front porch or jumping in front of my moving car so that I could be sued. It was a plain and simple set-up..... Now given the facts, who is the true offender in this situation? The poor mistreated atheist and agnostic? No, I rather think not.

14. Profiler
    Inspired

Profiler Well-Known Member

They don’t have a requirement to participate. Unlike the leftist indoctrination like Drag shows,
    alphabet/trans brainwashing (starting in K and continuing through Doctorate), and CRT. Jehovah Witnesses didn’t recite the Pledge of Allegiance when I went to school. They didn’t complain, they just didn’t participate. This country was founded on freedom of religion (or freedom from). Now for those saying the Government must maintain a Separation of Church and State, can you tell us where that is located in the Constitution? Do you know where that phrase came from …. context? JN, Get to googling because we are all aware of your ignorance on the founding of this country.

15. JoeNation
    No Mood

From the EEOC website.

Is group prayer allowed in the workplace?

Group prayer at work is acceptable only when it is voluntary. Title VII forbids employers from coercing employees to participate in religious activities.

If your heads weren't so damn far up Jesus' ass, you might have known why this is illegal in a secular country you damn Taliban wannabes.

16. charley

charley Well-Known Member

It is not in the Constitution. The "Government" has never stated via an Act of Congress or a SCOTUS decision, any such nonsense.
    The other silliness often stated is that the States...any State...can mandate such a provision, via any local action; eminent domain, zoning, etc.

No, no State can. It is not a power granted to the State and is not a jump ball. Freedom of Religion is protected by the Constitution and accordingly, since it is enumerated, no State can set the Right aside.

Concerning the idea that so many...the majority of persons I have engaged in a conversation over the years.....are surprised, when I inform them that Jefferson, in a letter to a Baptist, mentioned the idea, and simply because he was the Declaration author, actually believe this is a requirement/law/Constitution mandate. However, Jefferson also contradicted himself, as POTUS and as VPOTUS and as the Father of the Declaration of Independence, and in his correspondence with Adams. Madison opined on the subject in the Federalist papers, 10, 52, 57, and 70.

So.....I will be here. Group Prayer my azz. Acceptability is not a condition of judgement by anyone, anywhere, concerning any Religion and the practice thereof in any format. Title VII can not under any circumstance be substituted for any enumerated Right of the Constitution.

What the hell is wrong with People, thinking this BS and rallying behind it?

Jesus Christ...for emphasis.

Anything else?

Truth in editing, added 2 "n" in separate places.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
    Profiler likes this.
  17. Mopar Dude

I won’t say that this man’s company policy was legitimate or not. That isn’t the point. It was clearly spelled out and he was set up. You want to legitimize two people that aspire to steal from a persons business? No, wait…. Don’t answer that. I am afraid I already know the answer….. And I am the Taliban wannabe. Sheesh Joe. Listen to yourself.

18. JoeNation
    No Mood

Listen to your damn self for one God damn second. You resort to making up people's motivations when your have literally no defense for your crazy ass opinions. No one, repeat no one, has the right in this country to force their religious opinions on anyone that works for them. I swear, the difference between the Christian Right and the lunatic Taliban in Afghanistan is getting harder and hard to see. You're all nuts.

19. Mopar Dude

It is not alright to set a person up regardless whether or not that person is misguided…. Particularly when that set up is designed to favor you financially. Sorry, Joe. You are coming off as the lunatic fringe here. This has far less to do with a prayer session than it has to do with two slime balls trying to fatten their wallets at this man’s expense. Hell, why don’t we all take our best shots at whatever we don’t like? Or perhaps that is exactly what is taking place right in front of our noses now? Land of the free and home of the bitter.

20. Profiler
    Inspired

Profiler Well-Known Member

Listen to YA damn self! White privilege, lgbt…. Xyz…. 123 shall be indoctrinated to k- 12. You shall attend company meetings and agree with the poster people of the month. You shall take however many jabs or you will be fired. You shall use pronouns or you shall be prosecuted. Shall I Continue Joey?

Robert Ransom and Mopar Dude like this.