Stock Market Tanks Today

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Bonedigger, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Bonedigger

Bonedigger Another Wandering Celt

Down 400 points. What a day for FORD to announce a profit... NOT :(

2. Treashunt

Treashunt New Member

And:
    Silver $12.83/oz 0.25 down.

gold: Gold $662.30/oz 11.40 down!

Usually they go the other way!

3. Krasnaya Vityaz

Krasnaya Vityaz Разом нас багато

Oil, at almost new record high. Thanks you USA SUV drivers:hail:

4. craig a

craig a New Member

Glad we can help you out. Hows that economic boon going over there since the break up?

5. Krasnaya Vityaz

Russian government pay off all foreign debts, have budget surplus. Cannot say that for USA...Now China your master.

6. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 New Member

I would guess that Russians know less about market economics than any other people on earth. At least, I can't think of anybody with less knowledge. Preoccupied with conquering the world, they miss the entire point. That's why they fail.

7. alwayslost

alwayslost New Member

I have been playing the bear market for a couple of years. If you get to uppity and achieve that status, then the fall. Not a pretty sight.

8. Krasnaya Vityaz

Who trying conquer world? USA have way more military in foreign countries than Russia do, many time more. USA also have HUGE foreign debt(carried by China), budget deficit, corrupted leaders of engineer companys like Brown & Root, Halliburton running show. Dollar used to be strong currency, but now is play money.

You cannot think of anybody less knowledge, becuase unfortunately you are victim of education system badly underfunded. Sesame Street education just not cut it in 21st century world Cloudy:eek:

9. Cloudsweeper99

Kras, you have said off an on in various threads that Russia will prevail. It seems to be an important point for you, but indicates that you have the typical Russian view that all economic transactions are a win-lose proposition. Russia takes a back seat to nobody when it comes to corrupt leaders. The dollar is at about the same level that it was in the late 1980s. And I would venture a guess that the average 10 year old in the US understands market economics better than the average Russian university graduate. You need to study market economics in school to try to understand it. We live it everyday and have for generations, all the way back to the Yankee traders of the 17th century when the Russians were still serfs.

10. alwayslost

alwayslost New Member

KV, I know you have never been taught this in school, but you have to make hay when the sun shines.

11. Krasnaya Vityaz

I know, so why you p!ss on it? ;)

12. Krasnaya Vityaz

Stereotype? :rolling:

13. OldDan

OldDan New Member

Generally I have agreed with you on most of your posts, but this time your wrong. The system isn't underfunded as you say, but it is mismannaged badly by the NEA and it's paid gangsters.

14. Treashunt

Treashunt New Member

NEA?
    National Endowment for the Arts?
    National Education Association ?

New Enterprise Associates ?
    Nuclear Energy Agency (NEA)?

15. Cloudsweeper99

Perhaps, but not inaccurate.

16. Krasnaya Vityaz

Like Drusus, come Russia, I toast your visit. Then also you find I write critical of USA because I hold USA of high standards - because it land of hope and I hope it not ever go bad, but afraid with mindless fools it might.

17. Krasnaya Vityaz

Oh know!:eek:

18. alwayslost

alwayslost New Member

The Russians always seem to be playing catch up. We invent the A bomb, they reinvent it a couple of years later. We invent the H bomb, they reinvent it a couple of years later. We invent a new fighter aircraft and their new one looks just like ours a couple of years later.

The Russians invented on their own the Gulag and Stallin. To their credit they built the Hermitage and made liquor from potatoes. (Don't get me started on the Chinese.)

Show me somebody who does not make any mistakes and I will show you somebody who is not doing anything. Old work ethic adage here in the US.

19. Treashunt

Treashunt New Member

Actually they did NOT reinvent them, spies stole the plans and gave them to the Russians. They never invented, they copied.

20. Krasnaya Vityaz

Uh, who first in Space, think Sputnik
    Uh who first put living being in space, think USSR with Laika
    Who first man in space, think... Yuriy Gagarin USSR Cosmonaut
    First Space Station - USSR
    Longest time spent in Cosmos - USSR , then Russia
    First Woman in Cosmos, Valentina Tereshkova -USSR Cosmonaut beat USA here by over 20 years.

Only major USA cosmos achievement was placement of Astronauts on moon. This one area where USA had good focus and drive. Otherwise, NASA orphan project of USA administration. And this only result because the USA couldn't lose another achievement to USSR.

Americans will point out achievement of Shuttle program, but really? Two hull losses in last 21 years is not good, result of 14 deaths of astronauts. Space Shuttle so unreliable, it is problem for Space Station. Russian rockets of Soyuz still reliable standby after some 30 years of use. They simple and not complex, but they get job done and not fail like Space Shuttle. they also work with not much cost.

Oh and Sea Launch program launches commercial rockets from ship, mostly Russian and Ukraine program with some investment only from USA.