The 58th Presidential Inauguration - Schedule Of Events

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CoinOKC, Dec 22, 2016.

1. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

CoinOKC Donald Trump For President In 2020

2. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

Hey, LucyRay, I hope you decided to attend!

3. IQless1
    Blah

IQless1 trump supporters are scum

The Radio City Rockettes' union wrote a message to their full time members that they will dance at Trump's inauguration or be fired, leading many people to comment about how fitting it is that women are being forced to dance against their will at an event for a man famous for exploiting women.

4. IQless1
    Blah

Trump whined about his son's Foundation not being able to accept $$$, demanding to know why. Trump's memory is so inferior that he can't even remember calling out the Clinton Foundation for the very same reason for the past several months. No wonder several psychiatrists are asking that Trump be evaluated by professionals before being allowed to assume office.

5. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

LOL. Ya got nothin', loser.

6. arizonaJack

arizonaJack Well-Known Member

Lol. This is actually kinda sad. Clueless, you are mocking yourself.

7. IQless1
    Blah

UPDATE: The Rocketttes' management has backed down. The Rockettes now have a choice that doesn't end in automatic dismissal from employment with the troupe. The repercussions that may occur afterward have not been disclosed publicly, but at least they don't have to lick Trump's balls if they don't want to. Trump is, of course, angry that poor people exist.

8. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

9. LucyRay
    Amused

LucyRay Active Member

If any of the several places I have applied for tickets responds affirmatively, then I will go. An inaugural ball does not interest me, but rather the actual inauguration. So far, I'm a no go. Sadly.

10. rlm's cents
    Hot

rlm's cents Well-Known Member

Good luck! Seriously! However, my guess is that is going to be a very popular ticket.

CoinOKC likes this.
  11. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

Well, I'm crossing my fingers for you that you'll get a ticket, LucyRay! I sincerely hope you get to go.

12. IQless1
    Blah

trump supporters to Rockettes: "Shut up and dance!"

13. LucyRay
    Amused

LucyRay Active Member

Today, I finally received ticket confirmation from inaugural committee. Now I have to really think hard about attending. I really would like to attend. But part of me is scared to pieces of nut-jobs doing bad things there. And then, I'm thinking about where to stay..so, I'm asking for opinions. I live in a rural area, with one stop light in the county. We have two police cruisers here. In a big city, Washington D C, will I be safe? If I stay within a mile of event, will it be pure chaos? Do I need to worry about being mugged (or whatever you call it these days?). I am a 59 year old and I would be traveling (driving) with a friend of mine who is a 50 year old female. I'd like to post a swear word here, because I just don't know how to proceed! Sh*t! Any advice here? I think we'd plan on walking everywhere? I could chicken out..help! Michael Moore, and the Isis threat, and the women's March all bother me.

14. rlm's cents
    Hot

The only advice I can give you is do not worry about ISIS. That place will be crawling with every variety of cop you can dream of. However, I have no idea how they will handle the lefties.

Good luck and have fun!

LucyRay likes this.
  15. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

There are over three dozen law enforcement agencies (FBI, Secret Service, etc.) involved in the security of the inaugural event. Yes, they are expecting riots and protests from the violent liberals, but there will be enough law enforcement personnel to keep them in line.

Trust me, there will be LOTS of undercover agents working the crowds, snipers on building tops, bomb-sniffing dogs.. you name it. It will be crowded and probably not something that you're accustomed to being from a small town. However, LucyRay, this will be an event of a lifetime for you. You're a very strong supporter of Donald Trump and if you have an opportunity to see him sworn in as President of the United States, well, there's only one suggestion I can give you: GO!

Now, as for walking... yes, you will probably be walking quite a bit. If you haven't already booked a hotel, you may have difficulty finding one near the inaugural event. If your hotel is miles from the event, you will need to use a taxi service (or Uber which is quite efficient) to take you to the Capitol. The Metro transit system is selling passes, but I'm not sure you could get one on such short notice.

Here's a lot of information on the event that might help you:

https://washington.org/DC-guide-to/presidential-inauguration-washington-dc

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    LucyRay likes this.
  16. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

This is wonderful in a two-fold way:

1. Donald Trump is our president.

2. The liberals hate that Donald Trump is our president.

I'm crying tears of joy.

1484932611876.jpg

1712749_1280x720.jpg
    melania-trump-getty-510x600.jpg

LucyRay likes this.
  17. rlm's cents
    Hot

So how was your trip?

18. LucyRay
    Amused

LucyRay Active Member

I cancelled my reservations on the 16th. Did not go. Call me a loser, but I was too nervous about the protestors. I am disappointed, in retrospect. When I was young, I was not afraid of anyone.

Coward Lucy (Lucy cowered?)
    :(
    (I am however, thankful I had the foresight to make a cancellable reservation..it costs more if you fulfill your stay, but you don't lose nearly 3k when you cancel!)

19. rlm's cents
    Hot

Sorry to hear that!

20. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

I hope you caught every moment of the inauguration online or on TV like I did. It was great to see an American president inaugurated who actually cares about America. I'm glad to hear that you sent a congratulatory card to President Trump and I certainly hope he has an opportunity to read it.