The Mass Murder Dynamic

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JoeNation, Dec 3, 2015.

1. JoeNation
    Cheerful

JoeNation FOX Lies, GOP buys!

I'm gonna make this simple.

WE NO LONGER LIVE IN A COUNTRY WITH REPRESENTATIVE GOVERNMENT.

We are the pawns of weapons manufacturers plain and simple. 90% of Americans want more done to control gun violence such as background checks, waiting periods, assault weapons bans, and the gun show loophole closed. Why this doesn't happen?

Step 1: The weapons manufacturers through their NRA lobbyists pour huge amounts on money into electing Republicans that take mountains of cash to block any and all gun legislation.

Step 2: Those Republicans do what they are paid to do and block ALL gun legislation.

Step 3: The daily mass shootings continue unabated

Step 4: Finally, these same Republican legislators issue the following statements like clockwork....

"Our prayers and sympathy go out to the victims and families of this terrible tragedy".
    Step 5: Repeat steps 1-4

2. David

David Proud Enemy of Hillary

If this is in response to what happened in San Bernardino, that was a terrorist attack.

3. rlm's cents
    Hot

rlm's cents Well-Known Member

I guess you have ruled out the Islam connections.

Daniel Jones likes this.
  4. David

Shootingtracker.com (whatever that is) has issued a statistic that claims 350+ mass shootings in the US this year. That would scare anyone who doesn't take the time to look at what they consider a "mass shooting".

rlm's cents likes this.
  5. JoeNation
    Cheerful

You seem sure and I can't disagree because ALL mass murders are terrorist attacks. However, was the Planned Parenthood mass shooting a terrorist attack as well?

6. JoeNation
    Cheerful

So you've decided that there ARE acceptable types of mass shootings. That does scare me.

7. rlm's cents
    Hot

ter·ror·ist
    ˈterərəst/
    noun
    noun: terrorist; plural noun: terrorists
    a person who uses terrorism in the pursuit of political aims.

Sorry, but I don't see how anyone who has no connection to reality could possibly have political aims.

8. David

Calling every act of gun violence a terrorist attack is a cop out.

9. David

Huh?

10. JoeNation
    Cheerful

Then I'd like to know where you draw the line between these types of shootings. I would also like to know how you define the PP shooting because you avoided that question.

11. JoeNation
    Cheerful

Keep in mind:

The U.S. Code of Federal Regulations defines terrorism as "the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives"

IQless1 likes this.
  12. David

Well, the Planned Parenthood shooter seems to be a nut job...isn't that kinda obvious?
    As to your other question, I'm not sure what you are asking. Are you insinuating all shootings are the same? Gangs? Terrorists? Mentally ill? You don't think different approaches should be considered based on the specific crime?

13. David

Why is the BO administration unwilling to call this a terrorist attack? Same for the media...they seem to be afraid to call it what it is.

14. JoeNation
    Cheerful

Why are white guys shooting up clinics just "crazies" even while having a very specific social/political agenda and yet a couple shooting up the place one of them worked terrorism? Please see the definition above before answering.

15. JoeNation
    Cheerful

I think all the facts aren't known but if you are referring to the shooting yesterday, it is terrorism and so is the PP shooting. It's all terrorism.

16. David

I don't care about your "definition above". What point are you trying to make? Tell me, don't be cryptic.
    If we fail to distinguish between terrorist attacks and a nut job we won't be able to combat either one from happening in the future.

LucyRay likes this.
  17. rlm's cents
    Hot

Their approach would be to ban everything that could possibly be misused. i.e. punish everyone for the ills of the few.

Daniel Jones and David like this.
  18. David

I'm still waiting for the libs to tell us what measures they think will keep guns out of the hands of criminals.

Daniel Jones likes this.
  19. rlm's cents
    Hot

BTW, BO must have been reading your post. Those were his exact words.

20. JoeNation
    Cheerful

My point is that you want to label Christian shooters as crazy but if the guy happens to be black, or brown, or Muslim, then there is no problem labeling them as terrorists. Your inconsistency is both glaring and telling. I am far less of a apologist than you. I see them all as terrorists. And if you can't handle the federal definition of terrorism, feel free to go ahead and make one up that fits your own agenda.