The Most Disgusting Democrat Presidential Candidate of All, Elizabeth Warren

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JohnHamilton, Sep 2, 2019.

1. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

JohnHamilton Member

I find all of the Democrat presidential candidates unacceptable, but the one who turns me off the most is Elizabeth Warren. Why? She lied about having Cherokee Indian in her job applications to Harvard.

Though out my career, I knew that when I checked the boxes “White” and “male” on a job application that I had one or two strikes against me. It was something you had work through.

My mother was very much into genealogy. She had told me for years that we had American Indians in our background, Delaware and Lenelenipe. I would have never considered checking the “Native American” box on a job application. I had no connection with the tribes and had no evidence to support that claim other than my mother’s say-so.

Yet, Elizabeth Warren checked that box on HER mother’s claim, and NO MORE. She already had the woman special treatment thing working for her, but she went for more. The woman is as white as sheet, yet she made that bogus claim.

THEN she doubled down on it and took the DNA test. She flunked it and yet still made the claim. NOW she’s apologetic to the Cherokee Nation and everybody else who is concerned about her lies. No, she’s the bottom of the board so far as I’m concerned.

2. toughcoins

toughcoins Well-Known Member

Pokey is still rising in the polls, but simply cannot weather the Trump storm.

With one exception, I respect no candidates among the current Democratic roster, and that exception stands little chance of advancing, if any.

John Delaney is the only one who I think possesses a modicum of realism in his approach. Foolishly, he'll be the first one jettisoned by the party . . . perhaps even before Deblasio . . . that's just how delusional the liberals are these days.

3. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

JohnHamilton Member

I guess Deblasio figures he has no chance to get re-elected as Mayor of New York. My liberal nephew-in-law was ready to kick him out as soon as he was elected, and I think a lot of other citizens of New York feel the say way.

The only thing that got him elected was that he was running against disgraced and jailed sex maniac, Anthony Weiner. The sad thing about one party districts and cities is that once you win the primary in (usually) Democratic Party, you’re elected.

In Deblasio's case, if you can't cut it in the job you were elected to do now, why not go for a tougher one? I shutter to think of who he would put in his cabinet as president, but I don't think we will have to worry much about it.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  4. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Member

Why do you suppose the Democratic Party continues to field the unrealistic and over the top candidates? In memorable (mine anyway) times, they have fielded reasonably decent people.
    • Jimmy Carter.... A fine gentleman, not a very good president.
    • Bill Clinton.... A questionable character flaw, but was a decent leader.
    In my mind the train started leaving the rails with Al Gore. Here was a man that clearly spoke from both sides of his mouth. He truly scared me as a leader. Since Mr. Gore it seems to me the party has offered us the most extreme personalities that is had to offer. Mr. Biden seems as close to a reasonable man as I have seen. But I get the distinct feeling he is not in the party’s favor. I really believe they want to field an extreme candidate. Why?

5. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

JohnHamilton Member

The core activists of the party are very liberal. They are the people who vote in the primaries, and they pick the most liberal candidates. I can understand that because I thought I was a liberal Democrat from the late 1960s until the late 1970s. I was always looking for the “most progressive candidate.”

I worked for a Democratic Congressional candidate in 1970 when I was in college at the University of Delaware. He was against the Vietnam War and so was I. I had my first contact with Joe Biden at that time when he was a New Castle County executive. He ran for the Senate in 1972 after I had moved to New Jersey because of work.

The epiphany for me came in 1980. I was tired of quotas and set-asides. It seemed like the Democrat Party had abandoned me. I voted for Ronald Reagan, and I’ve never considered going back.

As for nominating the most liberal candidate, look at the record:

1984 – Walter Mondale, protegee of Hubert Humphrey

1988 – Michael Dukakis Ultra liberal governor of Massachusetts. I was living in Massachusetts at the time. We dodged a bullet with him. The state had a major fiscal crisis after the election. He showed no leadership at all. Even some Democrats in the state legislature commented about how he could not cope with the situation and privately stated they were glad he wasn't president. He disappeared soon after the election. I think that he had a nervous breakdown.

1992 and 1996 – Bill Clinton was billed as a “new Democrat” and was actually a decent president as long as he wasn’t messing with women.

2000 – Al Gore – self-serving ultra environmentalist. He actually used environmentalism to grow his net worth to almost $200 million.

2004 – John Kerry – one of the most liberal U.S. Senators, and anti Vietnam War activists – from Massachusetts

2008 and 2012 – Barack Obama, the most liberal U.S. Senator

2016 – Whatever she is. If there were party called “The Money Grabbers of America” she would be the head of it.

Yes, the Democrats have a history of picking the most liberal candidates available, and often they are among the weaker ones available to them.

6. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

JohnHamilton Member

If you really want to go back in history, the Democrats really left the rails in 1896 when they nominated William Jennings Bryan for president. Previously, they had been the more conservative party with candidates like Grover Cleveland. Bryan was a free silver, religious fanatic who got stranger as he got older. He was prosecuting attorney in the Scopes “Monkey Trial.”

The Democrats have had a few lurches to the right since 1896. Alton B. Parker, who lost to Theodore Roosevelt in 1904, was a Gold Standard Democrat. John W. Davis who was the nominee in 1924, opposed Thurgood Marshal in the landmark “Brown vs. The Board Education” case in 1954.

This 1904 Parker button had a gold background for good reason.

Parker Davis Gold.jpg

And here is Davis - Bryan jugate. Vice presidential candidate Charles Bryan was William Jennings Bryan's brother. Yes Bryan still had influence over the party 28 years later. He helped Woodrow Wilson get the nomination in 1912. For that Wilson appointed Bryan as his secretary of state. Wilson and Bryan had big falling out over America's entry into World War I. This button is very scarce item.

Davis - Bryan J.jpg

Mopar Dude likes this.
  7. toughcoins

Oh, I don't know about Al Gore being the first . . . I wouldn't trust Gary Hart any further than I can throw him.

8. toughcoins

Bill Clinton was only a decent president because Newt Gingrich and the Class of '94 left him with little choice. If not for that, he'd have wandered down the Hillary path.

9. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

JohnHamilton Member

Gary Hart didn’t get the nomination because he got caught fooling with the bimbo in Bimini. Today he probably would have gotten away with it. If you can get away with lying about your ethic background for financial advantage like Warren did or lying about your military record for political advantage as Connecticut Senator Richard Blumenthal did, you can get away with just about anything if you are a Democrat.

10. toughcoins

Yeah, Mondale proved the lesser of two evils. Hart scared me even before the controversy surrounding his affair.

Of all the elected democrats during my lifetime, the one who scared me most was Barack Obama . . . I quivkly identified him as chameleonic in character (if I may make up a word).

Mopar Dude and JohnHamilton like this.
  11. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

JohnHamilton Member

I agree. I was afraid about how far he'd try to go, but I never went ballistic over him. In fact I tried to give him credit when I thought he was right. I did knock on a lot of doors from Romney in 2012, not that it did any good.