The new U.S. labor movement

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GeneWright, Dec 9, 2021.

1. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

CoinOKC T R U M P 2 0 2 4

You're right, I'm not going to enjoy the article. The website wants me to pay to read its opinions and that's something I will not do.

Mopar Dude likes this.
  2. toughcoins

toughcoins Rarely is the liberal viewpoint tainted by realism

Paywalled . . . As a leftist "financial" publication they're only marketing to young and impressionable students who can get it for free :D .

Just another systematic approach to misguiding our youth.

CoinOKC and Mopar Dude like this.
  3. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

And I thought I was the only oddball that couldn't access the article.... So this left publisher gifts this publication to young impressionable minds, but makes the rest of us pay? Am I understanding you correctly?

4. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

Let's find out. Hey, Gene! Are you getting this website for free because you're a student?

5. GeneWright

GeneWright Well-Known Member

6. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

Although conservative at various times in its history, this pretty much tells me all I need to know about the Financial Times and where they lean today.

United States politics

In the 2008 United States presidential election, the Financial Times endorsed Barack Obama. While it raised concerns over hints of protectionism, it praised his ability to "engage the country's attention", his calls for a bipartisan politics, and his plans for "comprehensive health-care reform".[60] The FT favoured Obama again in the 2012 United States presidential election.[61] The FT endorsed Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton in the run-up for the 2016 United States presidential election and Joe Biden in the 2020 United States presidential election.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_Times

Profiler and GeneWright like this.
  7. GeneWright

I'll buy it, fair enough

8. toughcoins

Yes, students get it for free.

9. toughcoins

Just another sneaky form of indoctrination . . . and @GeneWright didn't even know it.

Very effective indeed.

CoinOKC and charley like this.
  10. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

I’ll bet he’s pissed that they slipped one by him. Well, this might be a good learning experience. Don’t accept something just because its free. There’s usually an ulterior motive.

11. GeneWright

Some issues with your theory there.

1. I have never been able to access paywalled news articles as a student. You do get access typically to scientific journals however.

2. I'm not a student currently and haven't been for quite some time

3. I'm not even in the U.S.

Did you see the updated link I posted a few posts above this?

12. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

Then you missed out. It appears some universities are eligible for a free membership to Financial Times. Maybe your school didn't participate. Regardless, FT offers membership to some students for free. That's very nice of them.

Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 8.04.39 PM.png

Profiler likes this.
  13. Profiler
    Inspired

Profiler Well-Known Member

Never let a good opportunity pass.

14. GeneWright

It's not free, just like the academic journals I did have access too. The universities pay for a license for their members to access it. Which is a total racket especially with academic literature, but I digress.

15. Profiler
    Inspired

But you have a paywall blocker? Are you a SFN? Before wokeness enrages you, SFN stands for Something For Nothing.

16. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

But, free for the students?

17. GeneWright

18. GeneWright

If by free you mean paid for by our crippling tuition, then yes, free.

19. Profiler
    Inspired

Ok. There are paywalls for these sites, most likely because they can’t make it on their advertising revenues. The question was are you using an app to to get something for nothing.

20. GeneWright

Then yes, yes I am. That's what the script I linked there does.

Let's get through bypassing paywalls, then we can talk about the ad-blockers

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022